VIDEOGAME Thread...

I downloaded wipeout, the original launch title for ps1 and i'm addicted! seems a bit weird really because I have assassins creed which i'm getting bored of and now i'm playing the first ps1 game. Think I'll be getting uncharted next and hopefully burnout paradise will be out soon.

I've been playing Kane & Lynch. It's like an action movie more than a game. Reviews said it was terrible but I enjoyed it. I'm sick of hiding behind boxes, I just wanted to blast thousands of bad guys and move on to next level. A poppy field? Cool, who do I shoot. It's pretty poor game but enjoyable none the less. If you like movies like Heat or Natural Born Killers the first few levels are great fun, I couldn't stop playing it to be honest and when it finished I was pissed off. Never seen so many bullets on one screen at a time.

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=6960745

Ban lifted on violent video game - Manhunt 2

Banned video game Manhunt 2 is set for release in Britain after its makers won an appeal against the censors.

The British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) twice rejected the game earlier this year, saying it demonstrated "casual sadism" and an "unrelenting focus on stalking and brutal slaying".

But makers Rockstar Games lodged an appeal and the Video Appeals Committee (VAC) overturned the BBFC's decision.

The committee - which includes former Blue Peter editor Biddy Baxter - allowed the appeal by a majority of four to three. Reasons for the ruling will be made public in the next few days.

The BBFC has the option to take the case to judicial review and is waiting for details of the judgment before making a decision.

If the Board decides not to proceed with the judicial review, it will be forced to give the game an 18 rating.

A spokesman for Rockstar said it was too early to say whether Manhunt 2 would be in shops in time for Christmas.

In a statement, the company said: "We are committed to making great interactive entertainment, while also marketing our products responsibly and supporting an effective rating system.

"We are pleased that the decision of the VAC has recognised that Manhunt 2 is well within the bounds established by other 18+ rated entertainment."

Reacting to the decision, BBFC director David Cooke said: "The BBFC exercises great vigilance and care in ensuring that all violent games which are submitted to us are correctly classified. Our decisions are based on published guidelines, which are the result of very wide public consultation."

YES!

http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?cp-documentid=6960745
Ban lifted on violent video game - Manhunt 2

Banned video game Manhunt 2 is set for release in Britain after its makers won an appeal against the censors.

The British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) twice rejected the game earlier this year, saying it demonstrated "casual sadism" and an "unrelenting focus on stalking and brutal slaying".

But makers Rockstar Games lodged an appeal and the Video Appeals Committee (VAC) overturned the BBFC's decision.

The committee - which includes former Blue Peter editor Biddy Baxter - allowed the appeal by a majority of four to three. Reasons for the ruling will be made public in the next few days.

The BBFC has the option to take the case to judicial review and is waiting for details of the judgment before making a decision.

If the Board decides not to proceed with the judicial review, it will be forced to give the game an 18 rating.

A spokesman for Rockstar said it was too early to say whether Manhunt 2 would be in shops in time for Christmas.

In a statement, the company said: "We are committed to making great interactive entertainment, while also marketing our products responsibly and supporting an effective rating system.

"We are pleased that the decision of the VAC has recognised that Manhunt 2 is well within the bounds established by other 18+ rated entertainment."

Reacting to the decision, BBFC director David Cooke said: "The BBFC exercises great vigilance and care in ensuring that all violent games which are submitted to us are correctly classified. Our decisions are based on published guidelines, which are the result of very wide public consultation."

YES!

The BBFC can still take it to review. I suspect they might.

@ Jack The Ripper: Europe's always been shafted when it comes to games.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I'm pretty busy lately playing some gauntlet dark legacy... was finally able to find it (1 of the rarest games for the cube.)

i NEED unreal tournament III :mellow:

any other UK/European members managed to get it? If so where from

for the ps3? i've tried online but couldn't find anywhere that would deliver to europe. worst thing about the PS3 is that the SCEE (european branch of sony) constantly screw us over, whereas the american region get everything

Yeah i know. The way they treat Europe is appalling!

I might just get a friend to bring me a copy back from america. do you know if the US version will work all ok (online included) ?

yeah the ps3 is region free (i don't see the point seeing as they restrict regions from buying other regions games). the online will work, but there's a chance it will lag until they set up EU servers

ahh cool. Will the game work on the new EU servers? or just the US ones

it shoudl work on the EU ones. it's to do with your PSN i'm sure. if you want 100% assurance i'd go to a ps3 forum and ask someone else who's done this before. alot used buy games from Play Asia and get games cheaper and ealier but the SCEE made the site stop :fuckyou: