VIDEOGAME Thread...

Finished Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed today. Both good games, but AC could've been so much more. I would've liked a more mission-based playstyle, while still keeping the free-roam. Sort of like Gun, if anyone remembers that name.

Mass Effect was short, but awesome. Gonna replay it now and do sidequests!

Finished Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed today. Both good games, but AC could've been so much more. I would've liked a more mission-based playstyle, while still keeping the free-roam. Sort of like Gun, if anyone remembers that name.

Mass Effect was short, but awesome. Gonna replay it now and do sidequests!

Loved Gun but WAY TOO short. Guns actually kicked ass. And i have Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube but is it worth it getting it for the wii. I never beat it on the gamecube

And i have Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube but is it worth it getting it for the wii. I never beat it on the gamecube

It's worth it, if you at least enjoyed the gamecube one.

The difficulty is knocked down a little, imo, though.

I was able to play through the whole game my first time, without dying once, on the Wii.

Maybe that's because I've played it too many times to count, though. :lol:

The cool thing is, if you still wanted to experience the gamecube one, I guess if you didn't have the game; You can unplug the nunchuk, and use your gamecube remote. I thought that was a nice touch. Though, they don't change the manuals to the gamecube remote, but it has all the old gamecube controls.

It's still fun, though. There wouldn't be a reason not to have it, considering the price.

The new button layout takes a bit to get used to, but no harder than if you were used to the gamecube, and played the PS2 version.

my gf got me a wii for x mas!!!!!!!!! (she wont let me play it till x mas day <_< )

the games im considering are mario galaxy, guitar hero, and i know their are 2 resident evil games available, but im not sure which is better.

which games would yall recomend

i dont have a gamecube, but would it be worth it to buy a game cube contoller for the games it is compatible with?!?!?

thanks!!!!!!!!!

Vivendi Games & Activision Merge

http://www.activisionblizzard.com/pressReleases/pr120207.php

Vivendi Games, the owner of Blizzard and Sierra, and Activision have merged to create Activision Blizzard. Vivendi is using the popular brand name of their studio Blizzard for this company. Blizzard, however, will remain as one of Vivendi Game's studios, while Vivendi Games itself is becoming Activision Blizzard. Next year, you will be able to buy stock in Activision Blizzard on Nasdaq under ATVI.

Edited by Honky Chateau

actually lawrence Blu ray is winning at the moment. and blu ray isn't all about the DVDs, its needed for games also. the devs on Mass effect said they had trouble with the ammount of space on the dvds used for the 360 which meant they had to cut a big portion of the game out, its still a brilliant game though, i prefer it to Halo.also rockstar are making a cool new game called LA Noir and there was reports recently that they will only be releasing the game on PC and PS3 (which is weird) because they can't fit everything onto a disc for the 360. the game sounds cool, apparently all the missions are taken from real newspaper reports from the 1920's (which is the setting for the game)

need for speed has good graphics but all the races are similar, the story is poor, there's MC's in it that won't shut up and the thing is pasted with adverts. there are plenty better racing games

assasins creed get worse as you play it, i was they're biggest fan until i finished the third mission and as i played on i hated it more and more. i am certain they will make the sequel much better but this game is just doing the EXACT same thing over and over. the ending sucked too

why do i get the impression you hate me posting in this thread? is it because i speak the truth?

Guest Jack_the_ripper
actually lawrence Blu ray is winning at the moment. and blu ray isn't all about the DVDs, its needed for games also. the devs on Mass effect said they had trouble with the ammount of space on the dvds used for the 360 which meant they had to cut a big portion of the game out, its still a brilliant game though, i prefer it to Halo.also rockstar are making a cool new game called LA Noir and there was reports recently that they will only be releasing the game on PC and PS3 (which is weird) because they can't fit everything onto a disc for the 360. the game sounds cool, apparently all the missions are taken from real newspaper reports from the 1920's (which is the setting for the game)

need for speed has good graphics but all the races are similar, the story is poor, there's MC's in it that won't shut up and the thing is pasted with adverts. there are plenty better racing games

assasins creed get worse as you play it, i was they're biggest fan until i finished the third mission and as i played on i hated it more and more. i am certain they will make the sequel much better but this game is just doing the EXACT same thing over and over. the ending sucked too

why do i get the impression you hate me posting in this thread? is it because i speak the truth?

Let them be, they choose to buy into pretty graphics.

you think that i hate you posting in this thread because i stated that your "fact" was wrong? :question:

and Jack i know its beyond nintendo but some companies can actually make great games which also have great graphics :rolleyes:

Let's be fair, Galaxy has fucking sexy graphics.

Wii is capable of awesome graphics. Most developers are just lazy as shit.

100000% true! there is no excuse for devs selling games with frame rate issues or a huge ammount of glitches, yet it's accepted

100000% true! there is no excuse for devs selling games with frame rate issues or a huge ammount of glitches, yet it's accepted

It's a business like any other, developing games. At some point concessions are made.

It's a business like any other, developing games. At some point concessions are made.

but that just loses them reputation. for example EA games are lazy and all about the concessions for proffit, and recently they have been getting terrible rep, and i for one try my very best not to buy their products. makers like Rockstar and Kojima productions are spending extra time on their products (GTA 4 and MGS4) and they can do this because they have a reputation and people know they will get a great game and therefore buy the game

Guest Jack_the_ripper

you think that i hate you posting in this thread because i stated that your "fact" was wrong? :question:

and Jack i know its beyond nintendo but some companies can actually make great games which also have great graphics :rolleyes:

I know its beyond sony and microsoft, but some companies can actually make great games which also have great art styles.

Art Direction > Graphics any day.

I know its beyond sony and microsoft, but some companies can actually make great games which also have great art styles.

Gameplay trumps all. However, the world's greatest art direction will be sunk if the graphics don't do them justice.

Vivendi Games & Activision Merge

http://www.activisionblizzard.com/pressReleases/pr120207.php

Vivendi Games, the owner of Blizzard and Sierra, and Activision have merged to create Activision Blizzard. Vivendi is using the popular brand name of their studio Blizzard for this company. Blizzard, however, will remain as one of Vivendi Game's studios, while Vivendi Games itself is becoming Activision Blizzard. Next year, you will be able to buy stock in Activision Blizzard on Nasdaq under ATVI.

Already posted it :sleeper:

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Gameplay trumps all. However, the world's greatest art direction will be sunk if the graphics don't do them justice.

nope, ENTIRELY wrong... well the art direction part... gameplay is king at the end of the day.

anyways I will play ANY snes game with amazing art direction over ANY PS3 title with pretty graphics. Graphics have nothing to do with Art Direction. Shit good art direction can be found on NES games, and look what those graphics were.

Why does it always have to be Ninty vs Microsoft vs Sony?

Posting about games on the internet is one of the most infuriating things ever. Everyone loves a sexy looking game like Gears of War and everyone loves how crazy and super an art style like Killer7 can be. I call myself a Ninty fanboy because I love Nintendo a stupid amount but the word fanboy has such a shit meaning these days. I own all 3 consoles and enjoy them all.

Peace not war man. Peace.

Not directed at you, Jack, just in general.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

alot of old school games still rock but alot of them are crap you'd get bored of fast, its just nostalgia talking. i have lots of emulators and i still buy old school games and some are still fantastic (if anyone knows how to get that old mario RPG for PC could you tell me please?) but alot of them are just too boring now

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Why does it always have to be Ninty vs Microsoft vs Sony?

Posting about games on the internet is one of the most infuriating things ever. Everyone loves a sexy looking game like Gears of War and everyone loves how crazy and super an art style like Killer7 can be. I call myself a Ninty fanboy because I love Nintendo a stupid amount but the word fanboy has such a shit meaning these days. I own all 3 consoles and enjoy them all.

Peace not war man. Peace.

Not directed at you, Jack, just in general.

I just honestly think that graphics are nothing as compared to art style. I've NEVER been blown away by graphics (with the exception of galaxy.) but I have been blown away plenty of times by art style.

nope, ENTIRELY wrong... well the art direction part... gameplay is king at the end of the day.

anyways I will play ANY snes game with amazing art direction over ANY PS3 title with pretty graphics. Graphics have nothing to do with Art Direction. Shit good art direction can be found on NES games, and look what those graphics were.

You'd play with a ball of string over a PS3 game. ;)

I just honestly think that graphics are nothing as compared to art style. I've NEVER been blown away by graphics (with the exception of galaxy.) but I have been blown away plenty of times by art style.

I'm flawed by both, really.

I'm just as amazed by the art style in games like Okami and Killer7 as I am looking at how amazing water effects and stuff are in games like Gears and Half-Life 2.

I'm flawed by both, really.

I'm just as amazed by the art style in games like Okami and Killer7 as I am looking at how amazing water effects and stuff are in games like Gears and Half-Life 2.

Half-Life 2 and Gears... have excellent art direction. The graphics just enhance it. That was my point.