VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I knew Assasins Creed would be overhyped and rated.

Yeah, I hate to say it but that game sucks.

agreed, I was really looking forward to it, and played it at my friends. It's a 7 at best.

Just finished Galaxy. That was basically 8 hours of non-stop gaming. The only other time I've had a session like that is when I beat Twilight Princess in a day and a half.

It's my new second favourite game after Ocarina. Mario 64 is pushed down to third.

Now for 120 Stars... :tongue2: I doubt I'll do much more tonight though as I'm going out in an hour or so and I did only get it this morning, ha.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

I knew Assasins Creed would be overhyped and rated.

Yeah, I hate to say it but that game sucks.

agreed, I was really looking forward to it, and played it at my friends. It's a 7 at best.

Even that's a stretch.

i wouldn't say it sucks. its an 8 out of ten, it introduces some new stuff and it has alot of great stuff going for it. the one thing that pissed me off was the first half hour was a very slow paced tutorial. to say it sucks is going a bit too far

got mine for free :D

Edited by vicious

Just finished Galaxy. That was basically 8 hours of non-stop gaming. The only other time I've had a session like that is when I beat Twilight Princess in a day and a half.

It's my new second favourite game after Ocarina. Mario 64 is pushed down to third.

Now for 120 Stars... :tongue2: I doubt I'll do much more tonight though as I'm going out in an hour or so and I did only get it this morning, ha.

It that good? Awesome! Twilight Princess still owns the crown of best game ever made for me. I could actually play it just for running around hyrule even after it's all done. Sometimes I do :P.

Mario Galaxy looks to offer a massive feeling of freedom. That's what i'm hoping for. Like the feeling you got when you explored the castle grounds in SM64.

It's actually really linear in terms of your path through the levels but it does feel free and open just because you fly all over the place. It's honestly not a negative at all.

75 stars now. Not bad considering I got it 13 hours ago. >_> Some of these are really hard now, though.

Some games have to have a sense of linearity to function.

The metroid series is a prime example (excuse the pun) of where exploration is too open ended. The best game (fusion) was the most railroaded. I loved Metroid fusion it was phenomenal, but playing the original is just so frustrating because there is no structure to it. Even the prime games you can be wandering for hours wondering where the hell you're supposed to go next before the game puts up a wee reminder to tell you you have to go to the total opposite of the map to get what you need.

Edited by Graeme

Just bought SMG. Thoughts on Mario Galaxy so far: I've only played it for about 2 hours but so far I'm liking it miles better than SM64. Bee Mario was the most fun to play as. ^_^ The only problem is that it is way too overrated. I was still expecting more from the game since it has gotten so many raved reviews. That's what I get for having impossibly high expectations for the game. Besides that, if you own a Wii, you NEED to buy this game. If you don't own a Wii, you need to buy a Wii and then buy the game. If not, your brain will implode from the lack of awesomeness.

Also, I now have a 360 and am completely broke. Add Tunafizz if anyone wants to kick my ass. ^_^

Just finished Galaxy 100% with 120 stars, and damn - What a fantastic game.

I'm going to wait a little while before embarking on the 2nd Quest, which I'll keep spoiler free for those who don't know the details. But even so, it'll be a pleasure to run through this game again.

Btw, the last few stars (coin challenges!) were fucking hard.

Call of Duty 4.

What's the verdict?

Anyone played it. Is it fun? Or really hard combat heavy game?

It's fucking awesome, but pretty short.

x2.

As for the Difficulty, it's really easy on the easy settings, and incredibly hard on the Veteran settings. One of the most intense shooters i've ever played - multiplayer isn't bad either.

I'm disappointed to hear about assassins creed being mediocre. The hype for that game was deafening.

its not as bad as people are saying. i'm liking it, its challenging, different and has hours of playing value. one of the better things on the market today. i got it for free in gamestop after trading in 2 ps3 games(the darkness and resistance) but i'd gladly pay for it. the first 30 minutes are a bit slow paced but its mainly due to giving tutorials, i'm just passed all that(3 missions in) and its much more free roam. i love scaling buildings too and the assasinations are very open, its not a generic thing where if you replay the game it'll be the same, i failed a mission and when i did it again the actual assasination was different, ie> the target went on a different route, i had different obsitcles etc.

i love it and reccomend you buy it without high expectations. the start isn't the greatest but it gets better

alot of people mistake hype with advertising, its supposed to create hype so people will buy it

Edited by vicious

I'm disappointed to hear about assassins creed being mediocre. The hype for that game was deafening.

its not as bad as people are saying. i'm liking it, its challenging, different and has hours of playing value. one of the better things on the market today. i got it for free in gamestop after trading in 2 ps3 games(the darkness and resistance) but i'd gladly pay for it. the first 30 minutes are a bit slow paced but its mainly due to giving tutorials, i'm just passed all that(3 missions in) and its much more free roam. i love scaling buildings too and the assasinations are very open, its not a generic thing where if you replay the game it'll be the same, i failed a mission and when i did it again the actual assasination was different, ie> the target went on a different route, i had different obsitcles etc.

i love it and reccomend you buy it without high expectations. the start isn't the greatest but it gets better

alot of people mistake hype with advertising, its supposed to create hype so people will buy it

cool thanks for that overview. I was going to buy it anyway, but your post sealed the deal :xmasssanta:

I got it 36 hours ago aswell, I have only 61. This is gong way too fast :(

Now I've finished off Bowser for the last time, so only thing I need no is those 59 stars that's left. :)

Even though it went way too fast, it was amazing. Best game this year. One of the best games ever! :)