VIDEOGAME Thread...

I have all three consoles. ;) Just seems to me this holiday the two big PS3 exclusive titles are Ratchet and Uncharted. Neither of which I expect to be anything more than good.

If you don't have a 360 then yeah it's an awesome time for the PS3 what with COD4, Assassin's Creed, GH3 and what have you..but for all us that have both then Sony is looking pretty scint on the good exclusives.

i have a 360 too, didn't like it so i never use it, thats why i bought the ps3

and Haze would be the biggest exclusive for me. the uncharted demo impressed me, very challenging (on difficult mode) and your opponents are great, they flank you and dodge your bullets, which is alot more fun the hiding in the same place for 5 minutes and shooting the enmy who just bob up and down. it also has amazing visuals. ratchet and clank impressed me too but it is a bit too easy, but if i was 10 it'd be my favourite game. and wasn't one critism people were making about the ps3 that it was only for adults, yet here's a kids game and they complain. they then complained about the price, now its a great price yet more people feel the need to complain.

and lawrence just because you don't know anyone with a ps3 doesn't mean its not selling well :lol: but frankly i couldn't give a whit because i enjoy my ps3 alot and nobody can change that :)

i'd love to play trauma centre but i wouldn't buy a wii just for that reason ;)

I tried to get a Wii for my kids Christmas, shop staff laughed and said don't hold your breath.

Now he's getting Lego :lol:

good job they didn't say soon is not the word, according to bromle they are really easy to get, why dont you ask him to get you one?

Edited by lawrence

I tried to get a Wii for my kids Christmas, shop staff laughed and said don't hold your breath.

Now he's getting Lego :lol:

good job they didn't say soon is not the word, according to bromle they are really easy to get, why dont you ask him to get you one?

Last time i checked Bromle didn't live in Scotland, i don't trust credit card purchases, id rather have a salesman to punch when it goes wrong :rofl-lol:

My 360 just bricked. I got it at launch two years ago. I've been pretty lucky compared to most. :( At least the warranty is still valid too.

At least I'll have Mario Galaxy to play tomorrow, but GH3 is out in a week... :( I don't want to get it for PS3/Wii because all my friends have 360 and I want to play it online with them. ARGH.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
so I played assasin's creed today for 3-4 hours... and its an 8... prince of persia is honestly a better title.

Im getting it. Im SOOO excited. Im gonna have an all nighter. Never do that really.

if your this excited by the game, your gonna be let down. I was looking forward to it, and I was let down. No way is it bad in any sense... its just not as great as the hype happens to be about it.

so I played assasin's creed today for 3-4 hours... and its an 8... prince of persia is honestly a better title.

Im getting it. Im SOOO excited. Im gonna have an all nighter. Never do that really.

if your this excited by the game, your gonna be let down. I was looking forward to it, and I was let down. No way is it bad in any sense... its just not as great as the hype happens to be about it.

We will see soon. Tommorow or tonight. Depending on if i get off or feel like it. I will give my review of if. Im hyped but never get too hyped about games. I know every game has flaws. And if it sucks to bad. I tend to love any free roam game. And any ancient time and any assassin or hitman type games. Put them all to gether and its my dream game.

I've just been playing Half-Life: Episode 2. I was at the part where you have to use the Magnusson device to bring down the striders. That is when the bloody thing sticks.

What really pisses me off about that section is the packs of hunters which harass you and the fact Valve assigned steering and acceleration for the car to the same analogue stick making running them down a real excercise in frustration.

If I had a wire for the 360 controller I may have bitten through it.

I don't see what's so frustrating about that part. I did it first time without dying (on normal).

Piss easy to drive too.

I prefer the car controls to be the same as the normal movement controls.

I didn't say I died, I just have a masochistic perfectionist streak which means unless I can do the level without wasting too much ammo or taking lots of damage I get annoyed.

Mario Galaxy <3

I love this game! I've been a little disappointed after the Mario Sunshine game, it wasnt really that good. Although it had an impossible task

to be the first mariogame since Super Mario 64. It seems that they have taken all the goods from N64, and mixed it with all the good parts of the

sunshine game, and made an incredible game. I love it :D

Mario Galaxy <3

I love this game! I've been a little disappointed after the Mario Sunshine game, it wasnt really that good. Although it had an impossible task

to be the first mariogame since Super Mario 64. It seems that they have taken all the goods from N64, and mixed it with all the good parts of the

sunshine game, and made an incredible game. I love it :D

Better than Mario 64 and super mario world (snes)?

It'll be wrong to compare it to game on SNES or NES, since it's way too different.

I don't know if its better than Mario 64, it's hard to say. I loved the n64 game, it was the first

game I ever played in 3D, and at that moment the graphics and stuff was incredible. It was much more impressive

then, than the new game is today. I won't say it's better, but it's not far away :)

Im only 9, but I've only played since 10 am.. (it's now 2:35pm)

It's brilliant! I can't stop playing! (I had to take a 20 minutes break to watch the new Scrubs episode) :P

I met up in front of the store this morning, and it wasnt only me who waited to get in and buy the game.

It seems that it wasnt the young kids who wanted this game. It appears to me that Mario is more a game

for us who played NES and SNES.

I hate when people say that Nintendo is for kids.

Edited by Raw Power

Im only 9, but I've only played since 10 am.. (it's now 2:35pm)

It's brilliant! I can't stop playing! (I had to take a 20 minutes break to watch the new Scrubs episode) :P

I met up in front of the store this morning, and it wasnt only me who waited to get in and buy the game.

It seems that it wasnt the young kids who wanted this game. It appears to me that Mario is more a game

for us who played NES and SNES.

Heh, I just got my 19th and I've been playing for an hour and a half. ^_^

I'm so going to complete it tonight. I can tell. Probably take me a few days to get 120 though.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

No doubt older people play it..

I've been playing Nintendo my whole life..

But, it's painfully obvious their main demographic is children..

their main demograph is actually everyone. It's the whole philosophy of wii.

Galaxy though is wow incredible. It's on par with the greatness of mario 3. It's definately contender for greatest game ever made. oh and it beats the crud out of OOT