VIDEOGAME Thread...

Im updating my PS3 now.. It's taking waay too long. I've been waiting for aages!

just got mine and it only took 15 minutes, there was probably loads of people downloading it at the same time as you. the update rocked. i'm hoping for the uncharted demo today :D

edit:

United States/Canada

Games:

-Uncharted demo

-MotorStorm version 3.0

-MotorStorm DLC - Devil's Weekend - $5.99

Trailers:

United Kingdom:

Games:

-Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online

-MotorStorm DLC - Devil's Weekend

Source: http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-81725.aspx

Edited by vicious

I got my PS3 a couple of days ago. I havent done anything else than Playing FIFA 08 online really.

Anything cool I do? Downloads etc?

the american store has some pretty good stuff, especially demos. they got the uncharted demo today, unfortuneatly sony have made it so that those of us from the EU with american accounts can't play it once downloaded, region free my arse :rolleyes:

if you have the money i suggest buying crash bandicoot, the poker game and castelvania, otherwise there's alot of demos.

also the american store also just got in a velvet revolver pack for guitar hero :xmasssanta:

I got my PS3 a couple of days ago. I havent done anything else than Playing FIFA 08 online really.

I heard 'The Simpsons Game' download on the PS Store is actually really good so I'd advise to check that out. And then go pick up Call Of Duty 4 'cos I heard that was also very good.

the american store has some pretty good stuff, especially demos. they got the uncharted demo today, unfortuneatly sony have made it so that those of us from the EU with american accounts can't play it once downloaded, region free my arse :rolleyes:

It is region free and sony hasn't done this. It is a bug in the demo, wich doesn't make it run on PAL units. This bug has something to do with loading from the disk and there is some difference there or something. On the official sony blog there is something about it, and they want to get it fixed, although I don't belive it will be fixed, since we get the demo around the 20th. 2 weeks before launch here, just as it is over there now.

But if you have a American PS3, your good to go. Heard it is a pritty nice game from those who have tried it. Noughty Dog has yet to release a bad game.

It is region free and sony hasn't done this. It is a bug in the demo, wich doesn't make it run on PAL units. This bug has something to do with loading from the disk and there is some difference there or something. On the official sony blog there is something about it, and they want to get it fixed, although I don't belive it will be fixed, since we get the demo around the 20th. 2 weeks before launch here, just as it is over there now.

But if you have a American PS3, your good to go. Heard it is a pritty nice game from those who have tried it. Noughty Dog has yet to release a bad game.

i read that but then i read one of the devs for Uncharted post on some other blog that they did it purposely because the US launch is coming soon. so there was conflicting statements. if they have fixed it i'll download it today because i'm getting seriously bored of warhawk :(

do you think they will ever bring MGS1 out for download on PSN?

It worked and it was worth it. Great demo. The animation and graphics are top notch. Very well done.

Well I belived they did it on purpose to, but I'm happy that I sometimes makes misstakes.

I don't know about MGS1, but probably some day.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

rings of power? crash team racing? the whole jak series... their whole library consists of bad games... I am intrigued by uncharted though.

I started COD4 earlier today and now have just completed it. Just under 7 hours on Hardened mode, haha. Such a great game. I'm going for Veteran now. Short, sure, but the quality more than makes up for the quantity.

It's the FPS that Bioshock and Halo 3 should've been. One of the best of all time IMO. Up there with Goldeneye, Half-Life, Doom and Quake (but not better than them ;))

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Never understood the Timesplitters love. Really overrated.

timesplitters 2 (very precisely the 2nd 1.) is golden eye with better controls, better graphics, and better music.

I started COD4 earlier today and now have just completed it. Just under 7 hours on Hardened mode, haha. Such a great game. I'm going for Veteran now. Short, sure, but the quality more than makes up for the quantity.

It's the FPS that Bioshock and Halo 3 should've been. One of the best of all time IMO. Up there with Goldeneye, Half-Life, Doom and Quake (but not better than them ;))

That's my only complaint about the game. But like you said, the quality more than makes up for the quantity. I'm sure that by next time around they will have figured out better compression and will be able to make a longer game with the same quality.

But that last scene, wasn't that fucking awesome?

Yessir. A fantastic conclusion to a really engrossing story.

The wait til Call of Duty 5 is going to be a painful one.

timesplitters 2 (very precisely the 2nd 1.) is golden eye with better controls, better graphics, and better music.

XIII is the only FPS that I'd say that's a possibility for. TS2 was good but it just didn't grab me.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Yessir. A fantastic conclusion to a really engrossing story.

The wait til Call of Duty 5 is going to be a painful one.

XIII is the only FPS that I'd say that's a possibility for. TS2 was good but it just didn't grab me.

I love XIII that is an absolutely incredible game.

Anyone one know what Far Cry Instincts Predator is like on Xbox360. Is it worth getting?

I paid 30 bucks for it about a year ago.

It was a fun romp, both games are pretty similar, but it's your average shooter with a cool few powers.

I enjoyed it, and if you could find it for 20 bucks or less, I'd recommend picking it up.

Although, I doubt anyone plays it online anymore, and the graphics are a bit out-dated.