VIDEOGAME Thread...

Has anyone played Assassin's Creed yet? If so, what do you think about it?

It's pretty cool, but I don't think it lives up to all the hype it's been getting. I played for about an hour last night, and the controls are pretty weird. Also, is there any way to save your game, or is it all automatic?

Super Mario Galaxy is seriously, and surprisingly, one of the very best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

I know there are doubters out there after the relatively disappointing Sunshine, but Galaxy is spectacular and is probably the best Mario game since the days of Super Mario Bros. 3.

Definitely joins Bioshock in close contention for my Game of the Year.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I entirely agree, it took the better elements of 64, made them better, and put in some super mario bros. 3 nostalgia... its simply the perfect platformer. It's just that amazing.

Shit I was hoping Conan would be good. I've been reduced to playing Rainbow Six. Is it just me or is it really hard.

Has a Playboy game come out for 360 yet?

I might actually get The Simpsons game...

Halo 3 - maybe it's the only option.

Yeah, I heard 'Conan' wasn't that good...and yes, 'Vegas' is a hard game.

I would consider getting the Simpsons Game or trying to play a demo first 'cos I heard it was really good.

Also...try getting 'Kayne & Lynche: Dead Men' 'cos that looks very good as well!

I really just used to play GTA and PES on Ps2 and GOWar. But since 360 so many games, all pretty amazing but then not perfect.

All the games I want keep getting delayed like GTA and Hitman (i mean Kane and Lynch)

Might check out Simpsons, seems like a weird idea but I like the Simpsons!

Super Mario Galaxy is seriously, and surprisingly, one of the very best games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

Pretty much every review states this. Most name it to be best game of the year on any console and one of the best of all time.

Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow...

i notice in the uk no one is buying ps3's

source? the ps3 is selling really well since the price drop. most people were put off buying it because of the price and lack of games, now it has many brilliant games and its cheap (especially for what it is) and they're finally advertising! i went to my local gamestop today to pre order assasins creed and as i was talking to the guy in there he mentioned that sales for ps3s have gone way up

I don't see where all the amazing PS3 games are. Exclusives, anyway. Ratchet doesn't appeal to me (especially with Mario out in two days which will just make every other platformer seem so uninspired and boring) and Uncharted seems like it's getting pretty hyped up over not very much.

Mine's only being used for Blu-Ray films and the rest of the time is collecting dust til I get my hands on MGS4.

Edit: And when it comes to multi-format games I'll nearly always go with 360 because of the immense online service and achievements.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

source? the ps3 is selling really well since the price drop. most people were put off buying it because of the price and lack of games, now it has many brilliant games and its cheap (especially for what it is) and they're finally advertising! i went to my local gamestop today to pre order assasins creed and as i was talking to the guy in there he mentioned that sales for ps3s have gone way up

the sales have only gone up because people cant get a wii

i dont know anyone with a ps3, i also dont know anyone who wants one

kane and lynch only got a 6.0 out of 10 on gamespot :o there goes the hype

and i'm not going to bother listing out ps3 games again in this thread, if you don't like them buy a different console but i'm very happy about the games that are out now and are coming :)

I have all three consoles. ;) Just seems to me this holiday the two big PS3 exclusive titles are Ratchet and Uncharted. Neither of which I expect to be anything more than good.

If you don't have a 360 then yeah it's an awesome time for the PS3 what with COD4, Assassin's Creed, GH3 and what have you..but for all us that have both then Sony is looking pretty scint on the good exclusives.

a) it's not that hard getting hands on a wii, I got one a month after release and it wasn't that hard to come by.

B) You don't know to many people then. I know alot of people who have or want a PS3.

a) it's not that hard getting hands on a wii, I got one a month after release and it wasn't that hard to come by.

B) You don't know to many people then. I know alot of people who have or want a PS3.

you dont live in the uk, you can only get them on ebay

i know enuff people, they've all got 360's, region free games see new releases £25 delivered

The wii is overated, imo..

After the initial pants wetting over wii sports; There isn't that much to do with it..

RE:4, Zelda, Excite Truck, and Paper Mario have only made it somewhat enjoyable..

The virtual console is entertaining; But, I didn't buy it to play old games..

Thankfully there is Galaxy, and The Umbrella Chronicles; And, eventually SSBB, or a new Mario Kart..

Otherwise it would continue to collect dust..

I'll also have to try out Rayman 2..

Though, mini games get really fucking annoying after a while..

That seems to be one of the only things the wii is able to do..

And, I also can't forget to give manhunt a try..

Guest Jack_the_ripper

angel of death you should perhaps check out the OTHER games that are out for the wii. Mercury Meltdown revolution, Trauma Center, fire emblem, mario strikers, zack & wiki, Bwii, metroid prime 3 just to name a few off the top of my head.

you dont live in the uk, you can only get them on ebay

i know enuff people, they've all got 360's, region free games see new releases £25 delivered

Well all PS3 games are region free, so that is a big plus for PS3.

what about you saying wii's are easy to get? can you find me a uk website that has them in stock then?

great cheap games for ps3 owners aswell then

i am just stating the facts from every gamer i know & none of them have any intention in buying a ps3

if this comment has upset you in any shape or form i apologise, but those are the facts from round my way & the people i work with who are into games

i aint getting an argument about this i dont really give 2 fucks what console anyone has, as i said i'm just stating facts with the comments from friends i have & collegues

Edited by lawrence

angel of death you should perhaps check out the OTHER games that are out for the wii. Mercury Meltdown revolution, Trauma Center, fire emblem, mario strikers, zack & wiki, Bwii, metroid prime 3 just to name a few off the top of my head.

It would help if any of those games actually were actually appealing to me.. :lol:

The only one you mentioned that I would actually be interested in, is Zack and Wiki..