WWW.GUNSNROSES.COM - New Official Website Online!

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's why this site fucking RULES:

it is basic... simple... gets only the most important details out... leaves nothing to speculation...

versus a site that is maintained by the artist themselves... let's face it- gn'r, for as long as a lot of us have known them- have always been an extremely professional, in-the-shadows kind of band that doesn't allow public access... this website helps to maintain their rock-star status as, well, yes, rockstars... people who we can't get to... can only wonder about. versus open blogs with comments to be left by readers of the site... fuck that... axl rose is a celebrity.. not someone who openely communicates with the public anytime someone creates a big enough stink on their site...

so yeah, haha, i like it.

i dont get it, i thought the new website was a lot better then the one we had 24 hours ago. So what if all the dates arent up, maybe they're waiting to fix the pre sale complications before they add the rest of the dates on there. So what if the articles they have is information we already know, because the average fan does not know half as much as most of us forum members do. I think it's a positive move to put up a good website with up to date information, i'm sure they'll work out the kinks out in time.

does anyone else notice how selective the quoting is in the articles?

the reviews weren't perfect, alot were far from it, yet there's no mention of that. I just think it's pretty funny. They think they're being sneaky, which they are, but we fanboys read every review and they can't hide those.

the guy isn't a great reporter either, his writing is kinda awkward

Kinda sucks. Sure it's a step in the right direction and I'm sure it will improve, but they have also had a loooooooong time to get this right and then launch a killer site from day 1. There isn't much excuse for lack of important information like player bios and pics, a full list of shows, etc., considering they have had years to think about and plan this. And the thing is they issued a press release that mentioned the site. So you invite fans to come to a brand spanking new site and this is what they get? Not exactly well executed.

Anyways, hopefully it'll be much improved by the time the heavy promotion begins.

Edited by KBear

They should hire the dude that did Velvet Revolver's website. :book:

The VR site is not that hard to make. It's just a flash animation. Handling html codes is a hell of a lot harder.

You think? I think you are wrong.

I could make a site like the VR one a lot faster than a normal html one. Sure, it'd take some time, but writing the whole html code is more difficult.

Anyone else notice that elsewhere was up 'till today, last time I checked was about 9AM CST, and now it redirects you to gunsnroses.com.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout? elsewhere works for me just fine.

thisyb0.jpg

Oh THAT elsewhere. I wasn't aware that there was another one besides the one that rhymes with blat.

Just for fun: elsewhere

Some of you people are such fucking whiners sometimes. All we hear for years is, "Why don't Guns N' Roses have something official to reach out to the fans with? Gnronline.com just doesn't cut it. We need an official outlet." Well, here it is. It's not all flash and pizazz, but who cares? It's official, it broadcasts new news, it mentions every member of the band in the headlines. So it doesn't have bios and pics of the band?!?!?! Oh no. I think I might actually live without those for a while.

An official site with official Guns N' Roses news, and all people can do is whine immediately. This site could come out and jerk you off virtually, and someone still wouldn't like it at all.

Some of you people are such fucking whiners sometimes. All we hear for years is, "Why don't Guns N' Roses have something official to reach out to the fans with? Gnronline.com just doesn't cut it. We need an official outlet." Well, here it is. It's not all flash and pizazz, but who cares? It's official, it broadcasts new news, it mentions every member of the band in the headlines. So it doesn't have bios and pics of the band?!?!?! Oh no. I think I might actually live without those for a while.

An official site with official Guns N' Roses news, and all people can do is whine immediately. This site could come out and jerk you off virtually, and someone still wouldn't like it at all.

Seconded.