WWW.GUNSNROSES.COM - New Official Website Online!

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY it's been updated with the cancellation - lets just hope some poor souls who dont search GNR forums didn't buy tickets whilst the page hadn't updated.

So for over two weeks we've had a picture of Axl flicking the bird with a message "GNR cancels Portland" - two weeks later it goes from that, straight to "GNR cancels show" seriously, fucking brilliant PR guys, well done, pat on the backs all round!

Seriously Merck, did someone leave the sixteen year old, weekend temp. in charge of 'Guns N' Roses PR and IT Management' and forget about them?

May I suggest some time for 'asset management'?

*shakes head in disbelief*

PS - On a lighter note - PC and MM are back up! B)

I agree, Subs. This is absolutely ridiculous and very unprofessional.

FINALLY it's been updated with the cancellation - lets just hope some poor souls who dont search GNR forums didn't buy tickets whilst the page hadn't updated.

So for over two weeks we've had a picture of Axl flicking the bird with a message "GNR cancels Portland" - two weeks later it goes from that, straight to "GNR cancels show" seriously, fucking brilliant PR guys, well done, pat on the backs all round!

Seriously Merck, did someone leave the sixteen year old, weekend temp. in charge of 'Guns N' Roses PR and IT Management' and forget about them?

Fears started creeping in for me in regards to that site when they promised us "exclusive video," then changed it from "Tuesday" to "coming soon," and then removed it without a "sorry" or any type of an explanation.

That's just poor - and there's no excuse for it. If that's how they want to treat their fans, so be it - but then don't bitch when the fans bitch about certain aspects of the band. They're not exactly doing their utmost to improve relations with fans, are they?

Very, very unprofessional. Merck should hire someone to take care of the Internet since he and Axl seem to loathe it so much. Hire someone who actually values the importance of the Internet in terms of fans and promotion.

Fears started creeping in for me in regards to that site when they promised us "exclusive video," then changed it from "Tuesday" to "coming soon," and then removed it without a "sorry" or any type of an explanation.

That's just poor - and there's no excuse for it. If that's how they want to treat their fans, so be it - but then don't bitch when the fans bitch about certain aspects of the band. They're not exactly doing their utmost to improve relations with fans, are they?

Very, very unprofessional. Merck should hire someone to take care of the Internet since he and Axl seem to loathe it so much. Hire someone who actually values the importance of the Internet in terms of fans and promotion.

I lost a respect when they posted that Del James article critisizing people on the internet...and posted it on a website. and his last quote about disconnectiong from the net and re-connectiong with the world...You just don't put something like that on the internet.

Whatever man, cudos to Del for writing some stuff and maybe filling in a few gaps, sure his comments about the online community may have been a little off the ball, but I agree that some people do need to connect to reality its healthy.

Whatever man, cudos to Del for writing some stuff and maybe filling in a few gaps, sure his comments about the online community may have been a little off the ball, but I agree that some people do need to connect to reality its healthy.

and I agree to that as well, but there is no way bashing the net on the net makes sence. It's like walking into a biker bar and bashing Harley Davidson.

A8R

and I agree to that as well, but there is no way bashing the net on the net makes sence. It's like walking into a biker bar and bashing Harley Davidson.

A8R

Well yeah but if I recall he didn't say anything detrimental about the internet or anything, he just midly criticised some users. So its more like going into a biker bar and expressing yuor opnion that some people that ride harley davidsons are irresponsible on the road.

I lost a respect when they posted that Del James article critisizing people on the internet...and posted it on a website. and his last quote about disconnectiong from the net and re-connectiong with the world...You just don't put something like that on the internet.

I know Matt13 always gets upset when I mention the Del James article, but I still think it was very poor of them to post that. I do understand that they weren't complaining about ALL the Internet fans, but they still made some assumptions that I didn't appreciate. I felt like he had written it because Axl was pissed off at all the people on the Internet bitching about stuff. It was like a propaganda message or something. And it was preceded by an Axl rant at a show about the Internet fans complaining about the setlist, and then Merck mentioned this again after the article had been posted.

I agree that people who bitch about setlists are annoying, but I still disagree with the overall message of that article.

I think any other band would consider themselves blessed to have such a committed fanbase, especially after leaving for so many years.

At least people are bitching. You know you're at least still relevant when people CARE enough to bitch.

Axl should count his blessings instead of looking at the glass as half-empty. Imagine if people cared so little that they didn't even bother bitching about the setlist - and didn't even bother contributing to an Internet forum dedicated to the band.

I know Matt13 always gets upset when I mention the Del James article, but I still think it was very poor of them to post that. I do understand that they weren't complaining about ALL the Internet fans, but they still made some assumptions that I didn't appreciate. I felt like he had written it because Axl was pissed off at all the people on the Internet bitching about stuff. It was like a propaganda message or something. And it was preceded by an Axl rant at a show about the Internet fans complaining about the setlist, and then Merck mentioned this again after the article had been posted.

I agree that people who bitch about setlists are annoying, but I still disagree with the overall message of that article.

I think any other band would consider themselves blessed to have such a committed fanbase, especially after leaving for so many years.

At least people are bitching. You know you're at least still relevant when people CARE enough to bitch.

Axl should count his blessings instead of looking at the glass as half-empty. Imagine if people cared so little that they didn't even bother bitching about the setlist - and didn't even bother contributing to an Internet forum dedicated to the band.

Exactly. If he didnt have those fans he would only be fucking 2 dollar whores - not supermodels, and wearing clothes from thrift shops - not 2000 dollar versace jackets and huge motherfucker rings on his fingers.

He needs to realise that one of the reasons hes still performing today is because of that loyal fanbase.

I fuckin hope that once fridays show is played they update with a good review of that show or the one on saturday. Its a fuckin joke, i am astonished that this band, that unfortunately due to the last tour, are considered by many as a joke in terms of concert reliability, would leave negative shit on the site for about a month, its just ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever is in charge of marketing the GNR brand needs to be sacked, simple as that.

Edited by bangit

• 2 weeks later...

why is there two Axl's in the photo?? you can see Axl and then part of another pic of Axl with just the top of his head and part of his arm and mic sticking out. Kinda confusing, also why is it always pictures of Axl and not of the whole band? or a different band member?

why is there two Axl's in the photo?? you can see Axl and then part of another pic of Axl with just the top of his head and part of his arm and mic sticking out. Kinda confusing

That's what I was talking about!! :rofl-lol:

Worst photoshopping ever!

why is there two Axl's in the photo?? you can see Axl and then part of another pic of Axl with just the top of his head and part of his arm and mic sticking out. Kinda confusing, also why is it always pictures of Axl and not of the whole band? or a different band member?

I noticed that too...Kinda takes away from the others being in the back. Also makes one wonder why he didnt just go solo if it was gonna solely be about him.

But yeah, they seriously must have chimps running that site. It's gotta be really embarrassing for the band.