Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone seen, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer?

...I don't even know what to say abou this movie.

It left me speechless.......

If you haven't seen it and you want to expand (fuck-up) your mind; It is own youtube.

i've seen it...quite a few times and im sure tons of others have too, its a classic

"Otis...thats your sister"

GOOODDDDDAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked::shocked:

The Dark Knight is really, really, *really* good. I knew that Ledger would blow my mind, but pretty much everything else worked for me too. It exceeded my expectations, although after Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Gophers, I've made a point of keeping my expectations in check, regardless of critical hype. I'm hanging out for ER's take, since I get the impression he liked Batman Begins a lot more than I did.

Damn I wanna see The Dark Knight! It doesn't start showing on cinemas here until next week for some stupid fucking reason...

I saw The Kingdom last night...It was pretty good, better than expected and managed to include some interesting aspects about the Saudi society... It's quite weird that USA's major ally in the Middle East (besides Israel) is one of the most extreme/weird/fucked up regimes... The version of Islam that's used in Saudi Arabia is seen as a weird cult by most muslims...

I watched Pulp Fiction recently now that film is pure gold.

I saw Kung Fu Panda last night, i wasn't expecting anything but enjoyed watching it.

That's a good £4.85 i'll never see again, next stop is 'The Dark Knight'...fortunately Batman Begins is being shown the day before the release, so i can sort of bring myself upto speed (I haven't seen Batman Begins.)

Meet Dave looks funny, i'd rather watch that on television than in a cinema.

Before she was ruined by the couch jumper, I adored Katie Holmes. But that girl is gone, and Maggie Gyllenhaal, while less lovely, makes for a somewhat more convincing attorney. :lol:

The couch jumper!!!! :lol:

Agreed,Katie was so great before Tom Cruise now everything about her has to be related to him. In a way im glad she's not in the film, Maggie is very good actress,and is better that she's not as famous as Katie so people can separate the actor from the celebrity. Im sure she will develop a fantastic work.

Cant wait to see the film, it opens in Venezuela in 2 week or so... <_<

i saw pineapple express last night. i can't believe how disappointing it was. every funny part is in the trailer. the story sucks. i just went to sleep for a while.

Something that did not disappoint me -

here's a little video series my friend and i are working on. sadly, it would only have appeal for huge movie nerds like me and you. if you're bored, it's a fun way to kill 2 minutes.

http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=535236

next week, we're posting 'the bicycle thief.'

:heart:

i saw pineapple express last night. i can't believe how disappointing it was. every funny part is in the trailer. the story sucks. i just went to sleep for a while.

Something that did not disappoint me -

here's a little video series my friend and i are working on. sadly, it would only have appeal for huge movie nerds like me and you. if you're bored, it's a fun way to kill 2 minutes.

http://my.break.com/content/view.aspx?ContentID=535236

next week, we're posting 'the bicycle thief.'

:heart:

what a sweetheart you are! thanks for the kind words.

this week we're doing breathless and m.

both amazing!! whats bicycle thief? i've heard of bicycle theives, as in Di Sica but bicycle THIEF?

M is really a great film, I need to get it on DVD soon.

you know what? i loved it when i was younger, but seeing it again i was slightly disappointed. what i remember most was the empathetic portrait of the child rapist. but that's only such a small part of the movie. there's a surprising amount of plot in there -- following minor characters as they plan and talk and shit.

i love m as a concept and a statement and there's tons of awesome filmmaking though. it's still a great film. just not nearly as great as i'd remembered it.

What I like about it is that it was so way ahead of its time. The recent transition from silent-films to talkies may have had something to do with it, but nevertheless.

I'm gonna go see The Happening now, and when I get home I'm gonna have a Hitchcock night with Vertigo and Rear Window.

The Dark Knight is really, really, *really* good. I knew that Ledger would blow my mind, but pretty much everything else worked for me too. It exceeded my expectations, although after Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Gophers, I've made a point of keeping my expectations in check, regardless of critical hype. I'm hanging out for ER's take, since I get the impression he liked Batman Begins a lot more than I did.

I totally forgot that this movie was opening early in some areas. Did you go for the IMAX experience?

I thought Begins was a reasonably strong film that aspired towards the right ideas, but I still can't bear the childhood sequences. It doesn't help that the dude who plays Bruce's father is the worst actor I've ever seen in recent memory. What a brutally embarassing joke of a death scene.

I fully expect to be floored by The Dark Knight, though. :xmasssanta:

That guy who posted "Spoilers" for The Dark Knight - are they actually true? How can Harvey Dent/2-Face die, if he's in Batman Forever?

I figured they went on like this

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Batman

Batman Returns

Batman Forever

Batman and Robin

Or do Begins and Dark Knight go off at a tangent to the original four?

I finally watched Walk The Line tonight, I've been meaning to do it for a very long time...It's quite amazing, the actors do really good job - especially Joaquin Phoenix - and it's really cool that it's the actors themselves that are doing the singing and not just lip-syncing to some recording... Very recommended.

That guy who posted "Spoilers" for The Dark Knight - are they actually true? How can Harvey Dent/2-Face die, if he's in Batman Forever?

I figured they went on like this

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Batman

Batman Returns

Batman Forever

Batman and Robin

Or do Begins and Dark Knight go off at a tangent to the original four?

Those films have nothing to do with the new batman begins and the dark knight, as far as lettin ya know if the spoilers some dickhead posted are true i wont tell ya, go see the film.

I totally forgot that this movie was opening early in some areas. Did you go for the IMAX experience?

I thought Begins was a reasonably strong film that aspired towards the right ideas, but I still can't bear the childhood sequences. It doesn't help that the dude who plays Bruce's father is the worst actor I've ever seen in recent memory. What a brutally embarassing joke of a death scene.

No, I will go IMAX as soon as I can though. BB was one of those films that I admired well enough while I was watching it, but it had pretty much evaporated from my memory by the next day. Wasn't compelled to see it again, but I will give it another shot on the strength on this one.