Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maggie gylenhaal was actually pretty decent in adaptation. i just saw it again last night. although it was just a minor role and she only played donalds girlfriend so its nothing really. but she looked really young. how did she come off so aweful in dark knight? im gonna see secretry to see what the fuss is about.

adaptation by the way. brilliant. today is the first day of the rest of my life.

its so self referential. everything discussed in the film just pop up all over the place.

gets better/tighter with every watch. cage nails it. his voice overs are perfect.

it really is ouroboros. you get to the end. then you watch it again and its ouroboros. genius.

ill watch being john malcovich later. saw it when iwas around 12. not a movie for kids. saw it on "family night" too. embarassing moment that was. too worried what the rents were thinking to enjoy the film.

kaufman. :heart:

why do you buy movies????? Www.surfthechannel.com , all the movies you want right there ..and if your a Tv man u can download them and rip to cd , you know thats good money wasted , you could have gotten excessively drunk with that money.

on another note , Superbad is hilarious .

superbad is one of my favorites, along with knocked up. i plan on seeing pineapple express too- all the rogen movies are good. on the other hand, i saw 27 dresses- GREAT movie. a 'chick flick' i guess lol but i know guys that liked it

SuperBad really didn't hit the funny bone as much as 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up did for me. Overrated.

Interestingly, I went to the premiere of The Dark Knight on Wednesday, great film, in terms of sequels I'd put it right up there with T2, I didn't have high hopes for this movie because I didn't really like Batman Begins, and I'm a huge Batman mark. Heath Ledger really did put forward an unbelieveable performance as the Joker, I still can't picture him - without make-up - saying those lines in that voice. It seems like it wasn't him.

Obviously, he doesn't deserve an Oscar for it, but a good performance, roll on Batman Begins 3!

I watched Unfaithful with the missus last night. I love that film so much. Like the 5th time I've seen it now.

Yeah i cought that for the first time. Pretty good.

SuperBad really didn't hit the funny bone as much as 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up did for me. Overrated.

Same for me. To myself it seemed like they tried too hard.

Lately i've been watching some weird films on Sky tv.

Locusts Was actually Really good. Alot better than i thought originaly.

Cinema wise in the last week i have seen:

Mamma Mia - Excelent. One of the best movies in ages.

Hancock - Crap

Kung-Fu Panda - Fairly good, better than Hancock. Would recomend it for Jack Black's comedy touch.

WALL-E - Best movie i've seen this year. Absolutly hillarious. I recomend it to Everyone.

Edited by ssiscool

The new X-Files movie is an unholy fucking mess. :no: I didn't expect much, but I was very much looking forward to seeing those characters again. Or even glimpses of them. Instead you get two tedious, charmless, humorless wet blankets played by actors who still radiate that "I would very much rather be somewhere else" vibe I'd already utterly tired of by the seventh season of the show. And the writing...good lord. :(