Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some episodes from season 8 and 9 of the X-Files are some of the best in the series. And I really liked Robert Patrick's character. He even wanted to be in this movie. It's quite sad they didn't invite him back for the movie.

I love 8 and 9 too. It's a shame most people didn't latch on to the new characters.

X-Files still has the most disappointing final episode ever for me though. AWFUL. Even worse than Seinfeld's.

I actually really like the last episode of X-Files.

I also love 8 and 9 too. Alot of people dont because no Mulder and not much of Scully. It was a nice little change.

I loved Mulder & Scully, so seasons 8 and 9 weren't too good -for me- but still, that was way better than stuff on tv these days.

And, I watched Hancock yesterday and I gotta say I was surprised by it. I didn't know what to expect really.. but yeah, it was a lot more entertaining than I thought it would be

X-Files still has the most disappointing final episode ever for me though.

Not that good but not that bad for me either. I think it has some great dialogue... I love the "trial" scene, or whatever I should call it, when they're trying to prove the government is hiding the truth about the extra-terrestrials or something... Haven't seen those episodes in awhile.

I really enjoyed the final episode, i liked it alot better than the new movie anyway. And i liked seaons 8 and 9 with dogget and reyes. Its sad, i really really wanted to like the new film, i was so excited, and then watchin i just kept waitin for it to get good and become exciting and it didnt. I just hope that it makes some money so they can make another film, one for the proper fans and bring back a lot of the characters or maybe bring back the show for a season.

Some episodes from season 8 and 9 of the X-Files are some of the best in the series. And I really liked Robert Patrick's character. He even wanted to be in this movie. It's quite sad they didn't invite him back for the movie.

I love 8 and 9 too. It's a shame most people didn't latch on to the new characters.

X-Files still has the most disappointing final episode ever for me though. AWFUL. Even worse than Seinfeld's.

I also love 8 and 9 too. Alot of people dont because no Mulder and not much of Scully. It was a nice little change.

I loved Mulder & Scully, so seasons 8 and 9 weren't too good -for me- but still, that was way better than stuff on tv these days.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mulder and Scully too, and prefer the earlier seasons, but I really did enjoy 8 and 9.

Also Mulder is in about half of season 8, so that helps make that season more enjoyable.

I watched "Shining" again last night and hell, this is the best goddamn psycho-movie ever! I love this movie to pieces, it's perfect in so many ways.

From Jack Nicholsons perfect acting, to the plot and how it's filmed, to the really well done orchestration, leading up to several points where you just go "Woah!" although it's just the next "Next day" sign.

I also love the dialogues, sometimes so simplistic but they fit in really well in the scene they're happening in or in the whole movie.

"How are things going, Mr. Torrance?"

- "Things could be better, Lloyd.

Things could be a whole lot better."

I also love that the ending is such a mindfuck!

That's what you get for watching a Kubrick film! What a genius that guy was.

I watched "Shining" again last night and hell, this is the best goddamn psycho-movie ever! I love this movie to pieces, it's perfect in so many ways.

From Jack Nicholsons perfect acting, to the plot and how it's filmed, to the really well done orchestration, leading up to several points where you just go "Woah!" although it's just the next "Next day" sign.

I also love the dialogues, sometimes so simplistic but they fit in really well in the scene they're happening in or in the whole movie.

"How are things going, Mr. Torrance?"

- "Things could be better, Lloyd.

Things could be a whole lot better."

I also love that the ending is such a mindfuck!

Wait, we're talking the picture yeah? How is that a mindfuck? :huh:

It shows how he's been assumed into the history of the hotel itself - as it had been prophecied.

*edit - It is a brilliant ending, but I don't think it qualifies as a mindfuck.

Perfect ending to be fair.

Edited by The Sandman

Eastern Promises. Great movie, really enjoyed it. I think certain issues could have unfolded with a little bit more depth, and a couple of plot points were left untied (one could argue intentionally); worth checking it out, Vigo Mortenson was great.

Edited by AbominableHoman

Don't get me wrong, I love Mulder and Scully too, and prefer the earlier seasons, but I really did enjoy 8 and 9.

Also Mulder is in about half of season 8, so that helps make that season more enjoyable.

Yeah, I did enjoy them as well.. just not as much as the earlier ones. :P

Eastern Promises. Great movie, really enjoyed it. I think certain issues could have unfolded with a little bit more depth, and a couple of plot points were left untied (one could argue intentionally); worth checking it out, Vigo Mortenson was great.

Agreed.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Right now I'm downloading Child's Play. I haven't seen it since I was a little kid. I was dreaming nightmares for years because of that fucking doll. I thought I must see it.

Wanted is rather cool. Pretty mindless and with a blaringly obvious plot twist, but McAvoy proving again that he can take any role and make it utterly fantastic. Best actor in the world today bar none easily if you ask me. I didn't expect for him to put in a performance that would overly impress me considering it was just an action film but he knocked it out of the park.

Freeman, Jolie and Marc Warren were really awesome in it too. One of the strongest casts for an action film in a really long time.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

Wanted is rather cool. Pretty mindless and with a blaringly obvious plot twist, but McAvoy proving again that he can take any role and make it utterly fantastic. Best actor in the world today bar none easily if you ask me. I didn't expect for him to put in a performance that would overly impress me considering it was just an action film but he knocked it out of the park.

Freeman, Jolie and Marc Warren were really awesome in it too. One of the strongest casts for an action film in a really long time.

Yeah was pretty generic really, but strong acting, good special effects and some awesome scenes like the bit with the keyboard made it a lot better than it should have been. I enjoyed it a lot.

Watched Face/Off and Night At The Museum with the missus last night, have to say, as a Ben Stiller fan, was not that impressed with the latter. Face/Off is the fucking nuts though, Nicolas Cage used to be a fucking sweet actor, now what's become of him? A second rate Indianna Jones....

Watched Face/Off and Night At The Museum with the missus last night, have to say, as a Ben Stiller fan, was not that impressed with the latter. Face/Off is the fucking nuts though, Nicolas Cage used to be a fucking sweet actor, now what's become of him? A second rate Indianna Jones....

Face/Off is an immense movie, one of my favourites by far.

Wasn't that Stiller and co's jump into the younger audience bracket?

And I finished Atonement, not bad.

What is Wall-E like, by the way? I'm not sure how much longer it's going to keep on playing, so this is one of my last chances to decide whether it's worth seeing on the big screen or not. I've heard people rave about it in utter ecstasy, and then I've heard other people call it a movie "for mentally retarded people who need the point driven home about two dozen times before they get it." :laugh:

hmm been watching movies recently

Se7en(it was good)

remake of Prom Night(it was awful,no gore or T&A in a slasher movie,pfff)

AVPR(the six months haven't made the movie better,still one of the worst movies of the decade)

Black Christmas remake(mediocre,but hilariously dumb in some places)

Nighthawks(a cool little thriller starring Sylvester Stallone,Billy Dee Williams and Rutger Hauer)

Face/Off is the fucking nuts though

Face/Off kicks serious ass, awesome movie.

alls i remember from that movie is a desire to wanna watch John Travolta fuck his own daughter :confused:

Well from what I remember, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to.