Film Thread

ssiscool

P.S. I Love You is shit. I know this because it features a Greg Dulli song *and* James Marsters is in it, and yet I still despised it.

I saw something that I know was lame, but that I really liked anyway - Surburban Girl. The romantic pairing of Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alec Baldwin sounds weird on paper and is actually even weirder on film, but I dug it anyway. The numerous literary references are mostly obvious and clumsy, but I dug them anyway. I'm actually embarrassed by how much I enjoyed it. :unsure:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently rewatched:

Invocation of My Demon Brother (soundtrack by Mick Jagger)

Lucifer Rising (soundtrack originally meant to be Jimmy Page but was done in the end by Manson Family member Bobby Beausoleil)

Scorpio Rising

Street Trash

Rabbits Moon

P.S. I Love You is shit. I know this because it features a Greg Dulli song *and* James Marsters is in it, and yet I still despised it.

I saw something that I know was lame, but that I really liked anyway - Surburban Girl. The romantic pairing of Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alec Baldwin sounds weird on paper and is actually even weirder on film, but I dug it anyway. The numerous literary references are mostly obvious and clumsy, but I dug them anyway. I'm actually embarrassed by how much I enjoyed it. :unsure:

I couldn't watch PS I Love You, I kept turning away from it but it seemed to be a good quality movie - good performances, believeable - Hold on, wrong movie - Sleepwalking!

Sleepwalking was good, PS I Love You I saw and it was torture - but have no recollection of it.

Also saw Killing Zelda Sparks - a Canadian Heathers?

10 Before Midnight - Charles Bronson

Kinjite (Forbidden Subjects) - Charles Bronson

Those are a couple of sweet movies. Cannon Pictures and Bronson kick ass. I like it when Bronson makes Duke eat his watch.

"now you're gonna know what it feels like to be one of those little girls"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl-lol:

You should check out Murphy's Law and The Evil That Men Do. Mr Majestyk and The Mechanic are two of his all time best from the 70's but I'm guessing that you've already seen those. I went through a phase where all I watched was Charles Bronson movies.

"You know what we got here? Mother-fucking Charlie Bronson! Mr. Majestik."

"My name is Vincent Coccotti and you caught me in a vendetta kind of mode. You can tell the angels in heaven that you didn't see the personification of evil more so than in the man that killed you."

You should check out Murphy's Law and The Evil That Men Do. Mr Majestyk and The Mechanic are two of his all time best from the 70's but I'm guessing that you've already seen those. I went through a phase where all I watched was Charles Bronson movies.

me too man, BIG fucking fan, i mean seriously big fan (i dont weigh a lot over 100 lbs) but yeah i see all of those movies man. Mr Majestyk is fucking incredible, so's Murphys Law, all of that...ever see Streetfighter?? or Kid Galahad i think it was, the one with Elvis? Rumor has it he and the king had some troubles during filming, that'd be a fight to see huh?? but yeah, love all of that shit, even a lot of his lesser known roles. Vera Cruz etc. he played a lot of indians in westerns, sorta like John Saxon for a while.

Edited by ffrankwhite

The Stone Killer is another good one from the 70's.

Frank, I've never heard that Bronson was in an Elvis movie. The boxing one was called Hard Times.

Wasted, I think I know the movie you're talking about but I forget the title. Was Telly Savalas in it?

Frank, I've never heard that Bronson was in an Elvis movie. The boxing one was called Hard Times.

Wasted, I think I know the movie you're talking about but I forget the title. Was Telly Savalas in it?

Is Telly Savalas a big bald guy.

It has Bronson driving around in a convertible and hanging out in his room til his target turns up.

Is Telly Savalas a big bald guy.

It has Bronson driving around in a convertible and hanging out in his room til his target turns up.

Was this the movie? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMqlMtmVYI4

The Stone Killer is a fucking great movie, Martin Balsams in it (Arbogast from Psycho for anyone needing a reference)

Wasted is talking about The Family i think :) and yeah Charles Bronson and Elvis were in Kid Galahad together :)

Wasted is talking about The Family i think :) and yeah Charles Bronson and Elvis were in Kid Galahad together :)

That's right. They are calling it Violent City now for some reason. I believe they had different titles for some of his movies in Europe.