Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sounds completely untrue but I was in Bruges and on a boat trip and the guy says "Colin Farrell stayed at this hotel right here about a week ago." I everyone just thought wtf and "oof that's a nice house." at the same time.

Then about six months later I see this movie called In Bruges and thought "Could it be?"

and it is, and I did, and it's pretty great.

Who doesn't like a racist midget?

This past week I watched:

Magnoila - I really loved this. Funny, sad and weird. I know Tom Cruise is a huge movie-star and all, but I really don't think he get's enough "real" props for being brilliant, he should be remembered for being in stuff like this rather than in Top Gun :rolleyes:. The guy from Walk Hard was really good too surprisingly.

Office Space - Pretty funny, although I couldn't shake thinking that Charlie Sheen would've been awesome as the lead guy.

Secretary - I will admit unashamedly that I got this out because of Angelica and NG going on about it in this thread :lol:, and I gotta say that they were spot on. Probably the sexiest movie I've ever seen, I hope that doesn't make me too weird. Maggie Gyllenhaal was really hot :o. Absolutely ate that whole movie up, really enjoyed it :).

American Beauty - There's no point me saying anything about this, it's absolutely brilliant in every way.

Mars Attacks - Hadn't seen it in years and it wasn't as good as I remembered it :tongue2:, still pretty fun though :).

:heart:

Edited by FunkyMonk

Secretary - I will admit unashamedly that I got this out because of Angelica and NG going on about it in this thread :lol:, and I gotta say that they were spot on. Probably the sexiest movie I've ever seen, I hope that doesn't make me too weird. Maggie Gyllenhaal was really hot :o. Absolutely ate that whole movie up, really enjoyed it :).

Kick ass! I've often thought everyone would be so much better off if they just followed mine and Leksi's lead about everything. :heart:

i like it, i think its cute

Ha ha! You just lost the right to mock anything I like. Ever. :tongue2:

Edited by Angelica

Kick ass! I've often thought everyone would be so much better off if they just followed mine and Leksi's lead about everything. :heart:

and skip the entire TV show bit :xmassrudolph: no offence but yous two can be a bit atypical at times in your taste. Or at least in the areas of your taste that you care to make known.

Ha ha! You just lost the right to mock anything I like. Ever

whaatt?? its goofy and kinda cute, whats wrong with that? i mean if you're looking for Citizen Kane then y'aint gonna like it but if you just take it for what it is its pretty entertaining. I've never seen an Adam Sandler movie yet that i disliked. They're easy viewing and not a little entertaining :) every day can't be a Warhol day...not for me.

Edited by ffrankwhite

You make it sound like we have no free will :tongue2:. Although I can't say you've lead me astray so far...

Saw Click with some mates last night. Very meh.

i like it, i think its cute :)

Meh. it's watchable. The scene at the end with the father made me fucking sad, though. :lol::(

and thats exactly what i mean. Cinema is as good as the reactions that it evokes and the nature of those reactions. now you can purposely switch the cynic on in you (like some people do, not saying you but...y'know, whoever does) and sit back with folded arms and go "oh well its this this and this, its corny" or you can understand that cinema, especially movies that are by nature quite fantastical like Click are about suspension of disbelief. Mustn't let the critic in you effectively dillute your ability to enjoy as many kinds of movies as you can if you're that way inclined :)

then again, each to their own, some people might just think thats it a piece of shit :rofl-lol:

Meh. it's watchable. The scene at the end with the father made me fucking sad, though. :lol::(

and thats exactly what i mean. Cinema is as good as the reactions that it evokes and the nature of those reactions. now you can purposely switch the cynic on in you (like some people do, not saying you but...y'know, whoever does) and sit back with folded arms and go "oh well its this this and this, its corny" or you can understand that cinema, especially movies that are by nature quite fantastical like Click are about suspension of disbelief. Mustn't let the critic in you effectively dillute your ability to enjoy as many kinds of movies as you can if you're that way inclined :)

then again, each to their own, some people might just think thats it a piece of shit :rofl-lol:

There's truth in the last sentences of your post, Frank, but, you know - god knows how many pre-teen girls have cried their eyes out to Titanic, but that film is still sappy crap.

There's truth in the last sentences of your post, Frank, but, you know - god knows how many pre-teen girls have cried their eyes out to Titanic, but that film is still sappy crap.

See i quite like Titanic, i think its very...emotionally engaging. The problem is people sorta sit there, not watching it, knowing the story line and the whole spiel around it and go "oh, its so corny and sappy" but its interesting to see how many of those people see it through and find themselves engaged by it. Part of the beauty of cinema as well as one of its biggest shortcoming but i think its more to do with peoples perception and their, at times, inflated sense of their own understanding.

Office Space - Pretty funny, although I couldn't shake thinking that Charlie Sheen would've been awesome as the lead guy.

Is that the one with the guy and his stapler and he kept saying he was gonna blow the place up?

and skip the entire TV show bit :xmassrudolph: no offence but yous two can be a bit atypical at times in your taste. Or at least in the areas of your taste that you care to make known.

My taste in television is exquisite. Were I able to get into The Wire, it would be pretty much faultless, thank you very much.

whaatt?? its goofy and kinda cute, whats wrong with that? i mean if you're looking for Citizen Kane then y'aint gonna like it but if you just take it for what it is its pretty entertaining. I've never seen an Adam Sandler movie yet that i disliked. They're easy viewing and not a little entertaining :) every day can't be a Warhol day...not for me.

I'm not looking for Citizen Kane, I'm just not looking for stomach turning sentimentality. I do generally like him though. Have you seen Zohan? I *loved* that.

See i quite like Titanic, i think its very...emotionally engaging. The problem is people sorta sit there, not watching it, knowing the story line and the whole spiel around it and go "oh, its so corny and sappy" but its interesting to see how many of those people see it through and find themselves engaged by it. Part of the beauty of cinema as well as one of its biggest shortcoming but i think its more to do with peoples perception and their, at times, inflated sense of their own understanding.

Titanic is one of my guiltiest pleasures. And it is corny and sappy, and the dialogue is totally inexcusable. But as a whole it works for me, always has.

My taste in television is exquisite. Were I able to get into The Wire, it would be pretty much faultless, thank you very much.

did someone fart in here or is it just me? :xmasssanta:

I'm not looking for Citizen Kane, I'm just not looking for stomach turning sentimentality. I do generally like him though. Have you seen Zohan? I *loved* that.

no i've not seen Zohan but i heard he was making a movie with Russell Brand in it and i adore him so i might go catch it if he's in it :)

Titanic is one of my guiltiest pleasures. And it is corny and sappy, and the dialogue is totally inexcusable. But as a whole it works for me, always has.

ONCCCCCCCCCCCCCE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE...YOU OOOOOOOOOOOPEN THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRR :rofl-lol:

Just playin, i love it too and i think a lot more people do than tend to let on...although that bordering on pomposity on my part, what the fuck do i know about people and their tastes, especially making a wholesale statement like that, shame on me..

Just playin, i love it too and i think a lot more people do than tend to let on...although that bordering on pomposity on my part, what the fuck do i know about people and their tastes, especially making a wholesale statement like that, shame on me..

You do tend to be a jackass that way...:lol:

You do tend to be a jackass that way...:lol:

and you dear girl, ever on hand to bolster my self esteem, i cant tell you how much it means to me :lol:

You make it sound like we have no free will :tongue2:. Although I can't say you've lead me astray so far...

Damn straight. Did you ever get around to The Sopranos?

and you dear girl, ever on hand to bolster my self esteem, i cant tell you how much it means to me

I'm just trying to be helpful. :rofl-lol::kiss:

I'm just trying to be helpful.

i'll bear that in mind next time i try and do something to get on your tits :lol: not that i've ever tried to do such a thing you understand :D

It's okay sweetie, I know you need attention. When I can, I'm happy to oblige. *pets head*

I'm just trying to be helpful.

i'll bear that in mind next time i try and do something to get on your tits :lol: not that i've ever tried to do such a thing you understand :D

It's okay sweetie, I know you need attention. When I can, I'm happy to oblige. *pets head*

and i'm aware that women in their twilight years tend to develop mothering instincts so i guess we both serve a purpose :P

Edited by ffrankwhite