Film Thread

ssiscool

I'm just trying to be helpful.

i'll bear that in mind next time i try and do something to get on your tits :lol: not that i've ever tried to do such a thing you understand :D

It's okay sweetie, I know you need attention. When I can, I'm happy to oblige. *pets head*

and i'm aware that women in their twilight years tend to develop mothering instincts so i guess we both serve a purpose :P

Acutally, it's more like the instinct one has to protect a puppy. :heart:

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to be helpful.

i'll bear that in mind next time i try and do something to get on your tits :lol: not that i've ever tried to do such a thing you understand :D

It's okay sweetie, I know you need attention. When I can, I'm happy to oblige. *pets head*

and i'm aware that women in their twilight years tend to develop mothering instincts so i guess we both serve a purpose :P

Acutally, it's more like the instinct one has to protect a puppy. :heart:

well the infant is interchangeable, the instinct is identical...i think :confused: no, actually, y'know what..."arf arf!!" there, that works :lol:

Can someone say something about a movie before Frank and I ruin this thread as we have ruined so many others? Thank you. :lol:

i can. Kenneth Anger, i watched Invocation Of My Demon Brother, Lucifer Rising, Scorpio Rising and something Rabbit the other day. ever see em Ang'?

Can someone say something about a movie before Frank and I ruin this thread as we have ruined so many others? Thank you. :lol:

i can. Kenneth Anger, i watched Invocation Of My Demon Brother, Lucifer Rising, Scorpio Rising and something Rabbit the other day. ever see em Ang'?

Rabbit's Moon. No, for some reason his writing makes me dread his films, even though I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually. Did you dig them?

Edited by Angelica

Lately watched "Love Me If You Dare". shockingly good movie.

Sophie was back in the game! Pure, raw, explosive pleasure! Better than drugs, better than smack! Better than a dope-coke-crack-fix-shit-shoot-sniff-ganja-marijuana-blotter-acid-ecstasy! Better than sex, head, 69, orgies, masturbation, tantrism, Kama Sutra or Thai doggy-style! Better than banana milkshakes! Better than George Lucas's trilogy, the muppets and 2001! Better than Emma Peel, Marilyn, Lara Croft and Cindy Crawford's beauty mark! Better than the B-side to Abbey Road, Jimmy Hendrix and the first man on the moon! Space Mountain, Santa Claus, Bill Gates' fortune, the Dalai Lama, Lazarus raised from the dead! Schwarzenegger's testosterone shots, Pam Anderson's lips! Woodstock, raves... Better than Sade, Rimbaud, Morrison and Castaneda! Better than freedom, better than life!
:wub: Edited by JeanGenie

Rabbit's Moon. No, for some reason his writing makes me dread his films, even though I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually. Did you dig them?

seen em quite a bit a coupla years ago and i absolutely LOVED them then and i still do. just the whole abstract nature of movies like those and like Warhol flicks and Eraserhead, where its like SOOOOO far beyond typical linear narrative. i feel like its cinema doing what it really SHOULD be doing...the most enriching cinematic experiences to me are the abstract ones. Its part of what made me choose not to pursue cinema as a vocation because theres so little of that kind of work going on in cinema and frankly so little regard for it. its a terrible shame but, making a good linear movie is a craft and like any craft you can learn how to do it to some sort of respectable level. at least in terms of successful mainstream movies, without being disrespectful to the people who make em, i think its incredibely simple. the abstract ones though, all bets are off..

Edited by ffrankwhite

seen em quite a bit a coupla years ago and i absolutely LOVED them then and i still do. just the whole abstract nature of movies like those and like Warhol flicks and Eraserhead, where its like SOOOOO far beyond typical linear narrative. i feel like its cinema doing what it really SHOULD be doing...the most enriching cinematic experiences to me are the abstract ones.

I'll get around to them. I'm just starting a Guy Maddin phase - I believe you'd like him.

seen em quite a bit a coupla years ago and i absolutely LOVED them then and i still do. just the whole abstract nature of movies like those and like Warhol flicks and Eraserhead, where its like SOOOOO far beyond typical linear narrative. i feel like its cinema doing what it really SHOULD be doing...the most enriching cinematic experiences to me are the abstract ones.

I'll get around to them. I'm just starting a Guy Maddin phase - I believe you'd like him.

heard a lot about him actually...think i might've seen some too, not sure...

Did you ever get around to The Sopranos?

Nah I haven't, I can't get past how lame that fat balding guy always looks on the DVD covers. He looks like George Costanza trying to be badass, and not in a hilarious way.

Nah I haven't, I can't get past how lame that fat balding guy always looks on the DVD covers. He looks like George Costanza trying to be badass, and not in a hilarious way.

It's a shame you're judging a TV Series by it's cover. :rolleyes:

Yeah but obviously he's in the show too, right?

Edited by FunkyMonk

Just watch The Wire and Generation Kill you useless, Kangaroo riding moron.

I've only watched the first episode of The Wire :lol:, I've got them all sitting on a disc but I haven't allocated the time for it yet. Generation Kill probably isn't really my thing but maybe I'll download it for my Dad, he eats that sorta shit up.

You're just jealous because Wales doesn't have any fucking animals to ride, except for your ghastly women ofc.

It's a shame you're judging a TV Series by it's cover. :rolleyes:

Yeah but obviously he's in the show too, right?

He's the main character. If you're judging media based on looks...

The show won 21 Emmys, 5 Golden Globes, and went for 8 seasons. To each his own, but I just think it's pretty ignorant. Last time I checked mob bosses did usually look like Al Pacino.

You're going to be so horribly embarrassed by that statement when you actually watch the show. :lol:

:rofl-lol:

Really you should check it out, it pretty amazing, funny, shocking, engrossing - it's sort of like Goodfellas the series.

If you think that it's too lightweight try The Wire.

*bump*

Has anyone seen 'Once Were Warriors'?

Because if you havent go down to your videostore and get it out now.

The two main characters, Jake and Beth Heke are the two greatest performances I have ever seen in a film.

Brilliant film. Can't remember the name of the daughter, but she was smokin' hot. :wub:

Grace? Played by Mamaengaroa Kerr-Bell. Yeah she is gorgeous.

oww_S752822_045.jpg

I always had a thing for the older son, Nig Heke.

Any Clint Eastwood fans here? A Fist Full of Dollars, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (which has the best stare down scene in movie history), and Dirty Harry are some of my favorites.

Any Clint Eastwood fans here? A Fist Full of Dollars, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (which has the best stare down scene in movie history), and Dirty Harry are some of my favorites.

I love The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - favorite movie of all time.

I tried acid for my first time, and watched Josey Wails this weekend. Missouri boat ride, we got 'em again, Josey!

Edited by AbominableHoman