Film Thread

ssiscool

Guest knerken
Just saw Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, what a great movie. Feels like Boondock Saints and Smokin' Aces definitely ripped it off.

Lock, Stock.. is a classic! But Snatch is way better

I'm downloa.... errr... buying Snatch tonight - I've heard a lot of good things.

I had to turn Lock Stock all the way the fuck up to understand the British accents, assholes.

Then you won't understand half of Snatch. Brad Pitt's Pikey-Irish/English/Weird Noises is hilarious.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, what a great movie. Feels like Boondock Saints and Smokin' Aces definitely ripped it off.

I'm downloa.... errr... buying Snatch tonight - I've heard a lot of good things.

I had to turn Lock Stock all the way the fuck up to understand the British accents, assholes.

Then you won't understand half of Snatch. Brad Pitt's Pikey-Irish/English/Weird Noises is hilarious.

It's remarkably accurate too.

Did you like Carnal Knowledge?

That didn't come out right.

You know that Nicholson/Garfunkel movie. I like Post Man Always Rings Twice, Chinatown - forgot that one. I would replace Deer Hunter with that one.

:lol: Yes, I do like it. It being the movie, of course. In a way, the era really started in the late 60s. Bonnie and Clyde, Who's Afraid of Virgina Wolf, The Graduate etc all have that same vibe.

Does anyone else love Rocky Horror? For some odd reason none of my male friends like it, I think it's brilliant.

I think I've seen that more than any other film, and I've never gotten the least bit tired of it. It's like a drug, I get high off it. :heart:

I think I've seen that more than any other film, and I've never gotten the least bit tired of it. It's like a drug, I get high off it. :heart:

It was part of an episode of Cold Case that I was watching with my mum tonight and I remembered how freakin' awesome it is. I'm totally gonna buy a DVD of it.

Susan Sarandon in that birth-tank thing - Dear god :mellow:.

I got wind a while back that they were planning to remake it, those bastards.

It was part of an episode of Cold Case that I was watching with my mum tonight and I remembered how freakin' awesome it is. I'm totally gonna buy a DVD of it.

Susan Sarandon was so godamn hot, and for way longer than most people. It's perfectly, perfectly cast, no remake will stand up to it.

Susan Sarandon was so godamn hot, and for way longer than most people. It's perfectly, perfectly cast, no remake will stand up to it.

couldn't agree more actually.

If a Norwegian is able to comprehend Snatch, I can. Plus it's my innate ability as an American to love everything Brad Pitt does, him and Angelina Jolie.

BAfans.jpg

Finished watching Less Than Zero great fucking movie.

Sure is.

Not very faithful to the book, but a great stand-alone flick. Downey is mesmerizing to watch as he falls to pieces and Jami Gertz looks foxy as hell with that hairstyle of hers. Spader is also pitch perfect as the drug dealer.

Andrew McCarthy is a bit of a pussy though, otherwise, a solid film.

"whydafuckdoiwantacaravanthatsgotnofuckinwheels?!"

Snatch is superb. Guy Ritchie probably won't be able to top it, which is a shame.

I liked Swept Away - that one where this savage dominates Madonna - it's pretty good movie.

Pikey, that's like an irish gypsy?

it's slang for gypsy, used by the irish,british.

there's so many things we say we don't even know what they mean. At school we used to say "pikey" all day meaning dodgy or not trustworthy. I thought it meant smelt fishy like a pike - maybe that's what it means...

and "That's jew off" - like a rip off and I didn't even know it meant as in Jewish - so now I don't say it. Seems a bit...

Finished watching Less Than Zero great fucking movie.

Sure is.

Not very faithful to the book, but a great stand-alone flick. Downey is mesmerizing to watch as he falls to pieces and Jami Gertz looks foxy as hell with that hairstyle of hers. Spader is also pitch perfect as the drug dealer.

Andrew McCarthy is a bit of a pussy though, otherwise, a solid film.

The sad thing is the end could've happened to Downey which also makes it a great ending to a great movie.

Oh, and Gertz's is a fucking babe and a half in this movie like she is as always though.

Recently seen these:

The Ruins - 3/10

2001 Maniacs - 4/10

The 40 Year Old Virgin - 5/10

Jeepers Creepers - 2/10 (catchy theme tune, though)

Trainspotting - 8/10

House on the Haunted Hill remake - 2/10

Forgetting Sarah Marshall - 6/10

These are currently downloading:

Return to House on the Haunted Hill

John Carpenter's Vampires

Vampires Los Muertos

Rob Zombie's Halloween

The Hills Have Eyes 2

Snoop Doggs Hood of Horror

And I've ordered Nightmare on Elm Street collection.

These are currently downloading:

Return to House on the Haunted Hill

John Carpenter's Vampires

Vampires Los Muertos

Rob Zombie's Halloween

The Hills Have Eyes 2

Snoop Doggs Hood of Horror

And I've ordered Nightmare on Elm Street collection.

I think all of those are good. Jon Bon Jovi is great in Vampires Los Muertos. :lol: