Film Thread

ssiscool

Any Clint Eastwood fans here? A Fist Full of Dollars, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (which has the best stare down scene in movie history), and Dirty Harry are some of my favorites.

i suggest you watch High Plains Drifter :)

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing Forgetting Sarah Marshall now. Mila Kunis :wub: :wub: :wub:

i urge you, i STRONGLY urge you to look out for Russell Brand in that :):)!!!! and if you like him, get his stand up, he is a genius :)

Awesome movie, watched it for like the 5th time the other night. :wub:

I love him in that... thanks for the heads up on the stand up, I'll look into it.

Did you ever get around to The Sopranos?

Nah I haven't, I can't get past how lame that fat balding guy always looks on the DVD covers. He looks like George Costanza trying to be badass, and not in a hilarious way.

:rofl-lol:

Really you should check it out, it pretty amazing, funny, shocking, engrossing - it's sort of like Goodfellas the series.

If you think that it's too lightweight try The Wire.

Taste.

And yes, I am officially becoming the forum cheerleader for The Wire, and I don't care. ^_^

I'm seeing Forgetting Sarah Marshall now. Mila Kunis :wub: :wub: :wub:

i urge you, i STRONGLY urge you to look out for Russell Brand in that :):)!!!! and if you like him, get his stand up, he is a genius :)

Awesome movie, watched it for like the 5th time the other night. :wub:

I love him in that... thanks for the heads up on the stand up, I'll look into it.

if you watch his latest stand up a fair portion of it is about the making of that movie, he's just fucking hilairious

taster..

i urge you, i STRONGLY urge you to look out for Russell Brand in that :):):)!!!! and if you like him, get his stand up, he is a genius :)

He's the rockstar, right? Yeah, I'm convinced. :) I'll see if I can find some stand-up stuff on Piratebay.

i think he's an absolute genius and its weird how people from England to my expierience dont really trumpet him much. having said that my only expierience with anyone english is on here by and large so what do i know :lol: youtube his stuff, he just makes me crease :lol:

Edited by ffrankwhite

Guest knerken
Just saw Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, what a great movie. Feels like Boondock Saints and Smokin' Aces definitely ripped it off.

Lock, Stock.. is a classic! But Snatch is way better

Just saw Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, what a great movie. Feels like Boondock Saints and Smokin' Aces definitely ripped it off.

I'm downloa.... errr... buying Snatch tonight - I've heard a lot of good things.

I had to turn Lock Stock all the way the fuck up to understand the British accents, assholes.

I'm downloa.... errr... buying Snatch tonight - I've heard a lot of good things.

I had to turn Lock Stock all the way the fuck up to understand the British accents, assholes.

Bollocks to you, you fringe.

Bollocks to you, you fringe.

Uh. I turned it up, still didn't get it.

I guess I love you too? :heart:

They knew what they doing in the 70s.

Almost all my favorite movies are from the 70s.

70s - Apocaplypse Now, Raging Bull, Deer Hunter.

80s - Caddyshack, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, Teen Wolf.

90s - My Own Private Idaho, True Romance, Natural Born Killers.

Definitely good for Hollywood, if you like a bit of European influence in your movies. Not just the Hollywood Narrative of the Maltese Falcon.

The 80s High Concept movies sort of enjoyable - Jerry Bruckheimer stuff like Days of Thunder, Basic Instinct - it's trash but it suited the times. I still watch them but I don't know why - they are funny but seem to have no point to them.

American cinema of the 70s is my favorite era as well - Nashville, Days of Heaven, Cabaret, everything by Woody Allen and Cassavetes, Harold and Maude, Shampoo, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Rosemary's Baby, Jaws, Eraserhead, Five Easy Pieces, etc etc. There are two good, fairly recent documentaries on the subject - A Decade Under the Influence and Easy Riders, Raging Bulls. And a load of books.