Film Thread

ssiscool

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mel Gibson is American, so is Kidman, Russell Crowe is a New Zealander.

I'll give you Bana and Ledger though.

Kidman's Australian-American, according to Wiki. And she lives in Australia now, doesn't she?

she was born in Hawaii therefore American?

Mel Gibson is American, so is Kidman, Russell Crowe is a New Zealander.

I'll give you Bana and Ledger though.

Kidman's Australian-American, according to Wiki. And she lives in Australia now, doesn't she?

she was born in Hawaii therefore American?

Her family moved back to Australia when she was four, and she has an Australian citizenship. That qualifies her as an Aussie if you ask me.

Anyone remember the movie Dark City? Came out a year before the Matrix? Really great piece of sci-fi.

Yeah I do, I remember it being good. It's like that movie Hardware was like Terminator for adults. Shorter no cheesy one liners just a robot that has gone beserk and Lemmy in a speedboat or was that Beyond the Terrodome? Existenz was funny if there's two realities, which one is "real" and if there's two, why not three or four! Organic playstations 4 every1! Just saw Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk - prefer it to the other one. Then Stark turned up at the end, so now it's Iron man vs Hulk?

I've seen Stranger Than Fiction but might have to watch it again cos can't remember much about it. Will Ferrell in a serious role?

I've never really found him that funny but he should do more serious roles

I only really started to take him seriously after watching Semi-Pro for the 5th time.

I remember more about it now, it's about that writer and what she writes comes true. He could definitely do more serious roles easily cos he does stupid stuff with a straight face. I don't think he smiled once during Blades of Fury.

I saw that new Adam Sandler movie Zohan and it's basically just insane. I can't even describe it - I think it was horrific but it had all these cool parkour action scenes...

I've seen Stranger Than Fiction but might have to watch it again cos can't remember much about it. Will Ferrell in a serious role?

I've never really found him that funny but he should do more serious roles

I only really started to take him seriously after watching Semi-Pro for the 5th time.

I remember more about it now, it's about that writer and what she writes comes true. He could definitely do more serious roles easily cos he does stupid stuff with a straight face. I don't think he smiled once during Blades of Fury.

I saw that new Adam Sandler movie Zohan and it's basically just insane. I can't even describe it - I think it was horrific but it had all these cool parkour action scenes...

I struggle with Sandler, his films have moments where i laugh so hard it hurts but i sort of feel a weird sense of disgust with liking him.

For example Big Daddy is essentially a shit film but the moment where Rob is spelling with the young kid and he's trying to spell hippopotamus and he ends up saying hiphopononumus i actually laughed for 30 minutes.

I doubt any of his films will stand the test of time, i must confess to being confused because when i hear he has a new film coming out i want to see it.

I doubt any of his films will stand the test of time

I don't. Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison and The Waterboy are practically up there with The Godfather trilogy.

:laugh: ?

You may think I'm joking, but those three movies are on like once a week over here, they're fucking classics. And by god do I love each and every one of them.

Saw the Estonian movie Klass(Class) again,its a powerful and controversial movie.Like Elephant its about school shootings, but its a movie that wants to show that these things don't just come out of nowhere and wants you to sympathize with the shooters.If you can find it ,I recommend that you check it out.

To all Australians (and people from other countries who like Australian movies): What would you say are the greatest Australian movies?

Picnic at Hanging Rock. Oh, and Razorback. :tongue2:

Hey Angelica dyer leik the GoodFellas leek?

Assuming I'm interpreting that correctly, yes, I like GoodFellas. I also like inexplicable incoherence. :heart:

Edited by Angelica

Along with Buffy Season 7 and Angel Season 1.

:wub: Along with S6, S7 is my favorite! Although I'm in a minority of a minority of a minority on that one. :lol::( The first season of Angel is a solid starting point, but IMO, it got a lot better.

:wub: Along with S6, S7 is my favorite! Although I'm in a minority of a minority of a minority on that one. :lol::( The first season of Angel is a solid starting point, but IMO, it got a lot better.

S3 and S6 thus far have been my favorite.

I think you and I are the only Buffy/Angel fans on this forum. :lol:

I have been enjoying Angel, thus far. I still think Buffy's the best show of the two.

It least Charisma still looks good in Angel. :wub:

Edited by Axl98

S3 and S6 thus far have been my favorite.

I think you and I are the only Buffy/Angel fans on this forum. :lol:

I have been enjoying Angel, thus far. I still think Buffy's the best show of the two.

It least Charisma still looks good in Angel. :wub:

Nathalie is a Buffy fan. :heart: And ThinkAbout You. S3 also ranks very highly for me. How you'll end up regarding Angel depends largely on whether you prefer stand alone eps or serialized arcs. I prefer arcs (as long as their done well), so I favor seasons 2-5. Having said that, there are some wonderful episodes there. To round out the Whedon experience, I'd recommend Firefly, if you haven't been there already.