Film Thread

ssiscool

And I finished Atonement, not bad.

Not bad? Pfft.

I watched American Gangster last night. No idea why I hadn't before now, a Ridley Scott film starring Denzel Washington and Russel Crowe is definitely appealing. I'd heard mixed thoughts on it though which I guess never pushed it to the top of my 'must watch' pile.

Anyways, I think it was pretty fucking awesome. Considering it clocks in at nearly three hours it didn't seem to drag at all and both Crow and Washington put forward wonderful performances. I wasn't quite so sure about the way their relationship ended up at the very end of the film, though. I know it's based on a true story and I'm probably going to read up on that after hitting submit now but it just seemed highly unlikely, to say the least. I understand the motivation from both of their sides but still... eh.

Good film regardless. Maybe I'll find out that is exactly what happened in real life now too.

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Face/Off is the fucking nuts though

Face/Off kicks serious ass, awesome movie.

alls i remember from that movie is a desire to wanna watch John Travolta fuck his own daughter :confused:

Well from what I remember, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to.

no i meant i was the one with the desire :lol:

If this was already said, forgive me, but I'm not reading through all 150 or whatever pages.

What's with the new Star Wars movie? I've seen it advertised. It's a Star Wars movie but it's not part of the Star Wars saga? It looks like it is less than half-assed. Is it supposed to explain Luke Skywalker growing up or something? At first I thought it was a video game based on the really poor animation.

If this was already said, forgive me, but I'm not reading through all 150 or whatever pages.

What's with the new Star Wars movie? I've seen it advertised. It's a Star Wars movie but it's not part of the Star Wars saga? It looks like it is less than half-assed. Is it supposed to explain Luke Skywalker growing up or something? At first I thought it was a video game based on the really poor animation.

No, its the Clone Wars. (from what I've seen, I think...) Its Anakin Skywalker(Vader) as a young Jedi, during the "Clone Wars." Which is basically what was being started in Episode II.

I think thats what its about. But I'm not a super Star Wars nerd.

Yeah I saw it, I liked it, a bit long and can see others getting bored of it but I like the scenery. Also saw 3:10 to Yuma which was great. Russel Crowe is hilarious.

Just watched Youth Without Youth which blows Godfather and Apocaplypse out of the water. You can actually buy Franci Ford Coppola wine now.

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM

OF THE CRYSTAL SKULLS

vy1vgw.jpg

I honestly didn't think it was that bad. Although, in comparison to the other Indiana movies - it was kind of weak. Indiana Jones is OLD! :( It's just not the same. I rank this movie #3 out of all the Indy movies, right behind Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade.

I give this movie 4/5 stars

SHUTTER

2yl8t4i.jpg

I have to admit that one of the only reasons I was mildly interested in this movie was because of Joshua Jackson and because I'm a photographer myself. Anyways, the movie sucked pretty bad. I think I fell alseep during part of it. Also, the whole Japanese/ dark haired ghost girl horror movie thing phenomenon is getting old.

I give this movie 1.5/5 stars

WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS..

2hdmffc.jpg

I really liked this movie. Laughed a few times, I might have even cried, and I think Cameron and Ashton have good chemistry. I'll definitely be seeing this again when it comes on TV.

347tbgp.jpg

Loved it. Not to mention the lead character guy is pretty good lookin'.

I give this movie 5/5 stars

JUMPER

314fs4i.jpg

Horrible! It was so bad that I basically wasn't watching it - I just had it on while I was doing other things. It seemed really short too, but maybe that was just me.

I give this movie 1/5 stars

27 DRESSES

28tdzq9.jpg

At first I didn't want to see this movie because I didn't like Katherine, but I gave it and I actually really liked it. I could REALLY relate to her character. Thanks to this movie, I can stand her now.

I give this movie 4/5 star

DEFINITELY, MAYBE

w85hsy.jpg

I just saw this the other night and I loved it. I thought it was kinda cool how they went backwards and his daughter was trying to figure out who her movie was in the story of all the serious girlfriends her Dad had in his life.

THE EYE

2uy0fmq.jpg

I definitely won't see this movie again. I just didn't like it. That's basically it. I wouldn't recommend it.

MAD MONEY

33lci2d.jpg

I really loved this movie. Diane Keaton usually annoys me, but she didn't in this movie. I loved the ending ;)

I give this movie 5/5 stars

BE KIND, REWIND

2qu3iiv.jpg

Interesting movie. It started off slow but picked up. I thought the ending was cool - the tribute.

I give this movie 2.5/5 stars

OVER HER DEAD BODY

ej9dhs.jpg

I thought it was a cute movie. Jason Biggs really adds to it, and I think Lake Bell is an upcoming "it" actress. ERRRR *edit* How could I forget Paul Rudd?!! Without him the movie would've been ****.

I give this movie 3/5 stars

FOOL'S GOLD

b83eon.jpg

I couldn't get into this movie. I honestly turned it off after about an hour. My mom told me is was so funny but honestly I didn't think anything was funny in it.

I give this movie 1.5/5 stars

MADE OF HONOR

2ccxnxh.jpg

I really enjoyed the movie. I liked the "fresh" new cast.

THE LOVE GURU

2qktis5.jpg

Actually not as bad as I thought it would be. I laughed quite a bit. Even Justin made a few funnies. The storyline is strange and I can't stand Verne Troyer in this movie.

I give this movie a 2.75/5 stars

THE DARK KNIGHT

27wsh6x.jpg

Awesome! Heath makes this movie - it would be nothing without him. I love his character. Actually had me laughing a few times. I definitely want to see it again.

I give this movie 4.5/5 stars

FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL

x4re4k.jpg

Freaking funny! Loved it. I will be seeing it again.

SEX AND THE CITY

vzva6a.jpg

Um, I turned it off within an hour. It was really boring.

Are you bored of the same old routine, bustin' your hump and getting nowhere :rofl-lol:

The wife and kids, never listen :rofl-lol:

Drop out, join the ranks of the few, the filthy, the trash!

Where else can you live for free, and eat for even less.

Here's to you, pussy.

I think I read about that once! Is that the one where Ilsa torture all the POWs who can't give her an orgasm? :lol:

exactly...all sorts of weird nazi torture shit and concentration camp gang rapes and weird sex torture shit...fucked up :confused:

I think I read about that once! Is that the one where Ilsa torture all the POWs who can't give her an orgasm? :lol:

exactly...all sorts of weird nazi torture shit and concentration camp gang rapes and weird sex torture shit...fucked up :confused:

frankie, you're a sick dude man.

where do you find these movies

frankie, you're a sick dude man.

where do you find these movies

actually, its all like a 70s thing? Exploitation movies like The She Wolf of the SS (which weirdly enough was filmed on the set of M*A*S*H)...its actually a phenomena started in your day (only pointing that out cuz it might be something you remember, not blaming you for it or anything :lol:). pretty fucking morbid, i agree but some of them are just ridiculous, like the sort of blaxploitation end with movies like Blackbelt Jones and Blacula and The Black Gestapo :lol: although, yeah, Illysa is pretty fucking extreme, makes you like....go eurgh y'know? and im not a queasy man...Street Trash is another example although i think thats an 80s movie...but yeah, that whole 60s/70s phenomena of movies like Deep Throat and I am Curious, Yellow and I Spit On Your Grave and all that shit getting banned all over the western world. its like a kid curiosity thing y'know? someone goes, you hear about it likes its the most fucked up thing in the world and its like, right, OK, im watching that shit :lol: Men Behind The Sun, thats another one...freaky...but then you got movies like Basketcase about the weird siamese twins who're seperated at birth and this kinda...weird feotal mutant (who gets carried around in a basket) by his brother go looking for the doctor who did the operation and...y'know, its just too fucking silly to be considered on any serious level its just...grossness for its own sake in a way. i dunno, im not sure what reasoning i can put to why i watch this shit to be honest :rofl-lol:

Edited by ffrankwhite

Hahaha, some nasty shit. :lol: The article I read about it in was about exploitation flicks - real interesting to read about, not so interesting to watch. :confused:

I think I read about that once! Is that the one where Ilsa torture all the POWs who can't give her an orgasm?

exactly...all sorts of weird nazi torture shit and concentration camp gang rapes and weird sex torture shit...fucked up

Hahaha, some nasty shit. The article I read about it in was about exploitation flicks - real interesting to read about, not so interesting to watch.

somebody get Zint into this fuckin thread, im sure he's seen some of these movies, im started to feel like a sick fuck :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Ever seen Begotten, frank?

no but i've been told i must...any good? whats it about?

Its definately disturbing, its along the lines of Eraserhead meaning it focuses more on mood than coherent plot. Its starts off with God killing himself, after that its anybodys guess.

Its definately disturbing, its along the lines of Eraserhead meaning it focuses more on mood than coherent plot. Its starts off with God killing himself, after that its anybodys guess.

Eraserheads fucking amazing...everything cinema should be...just looked on ebay theres a begotten...for fucking 30 bucks though...that means theres some funky ass shit to it :):)

Eraserheads fucking amazing...everything cinema should be...just looked on ebay theres a begotten...for fucking 30 bucks though...that means theres some funky ass shit to it :):)

Its floating about online, but I'd imagine you'd like the full experience of it. And yeah, Eraserheads great. I just watched it for the first time last week. I gotta watch more David Lynch.