Ozzy Osbourne appreciation thread

Dead Flower

On 12 October 2016 at 7:22 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's funny i didn't think much of Ozzy until a few years back. late to the party again :)

I still dont think much of him, the knackered old bastard.  His musics lame and patronising, hes got all the charm and personality of a sinkful of dirty dishwater and he talkslike he's been lobotomised.  All that Prince of Darkness bullshit, gimme a break.

And that awful show of his with his mad wife and his two fat kids, Christ Almighty, 'fookin' Sharon the fookin' cats pissed on the fookin' rug again!'.  And they got seasons out of that shit, blows my mind.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

I still dont think much of him, the knackered old bastard.  His musics lame and patronising, hes got all the charm and personality of a sinkful of dirty dishwater and he talkslike he's been lobotomised.  All that Prince of Darkness bullshit, gimme a break.

And that awful show of his with his mad wife and his two fat kids, Christ Almighty, 'fookin' Sharon the fookin' cats pissed on the fookin' rug again!'.  And they got seasons out of that shit, blows my mind.

Len, I've known Brummies less miserable than you when it comes to Ozzy.

Brummies I've met in Thornton Heath

"I wanted to see Big Ben"...

:lol:

25 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Len, I've known Brummies less miserable than you when it comes to Ozzy.

Brummies I've met in Thornton Heath

"I wanted to see Big Ben"...

:lol:

I was trying to be humourous! :lol:  though I meant every word.  Irreverence is not synonymous with misery.

Edited by Len Cnut

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I was trying to be humourous! :lol:  though I meant every word.

I'm sure Ozzy Osbourne can say the exact same thing, you might have some of the Black Country in you perhaps?

Prince of Darkness from the Black Country, like Noddy Holden.

Jasper Carrot's funny, I wonder though, tbh; How do we get Ozzy Osbourne knighted?

I know the Queen LOVES her animals. and well, Ozzy being Ozzy, out of his face, bit the head off of a dove, to which, whatever; I doubt he was of sound mind when that incident occurred... If we could look past that whole head biting off of animals, then, I'd like to see him get knighted, for his continued patronage of the UK no matter where you put him and what's he's done for the arts as far as the whole awareness goes through their TV works over @ 'camp Osbourne' to which wouldn't exist if there wasn't a John Osborne...

I think you have to see what someone has done for the country, and culture and then just for argument's sake, imagine that person not ever existing and ask; Would the country be different if it weren't for them, would the world be different? and then ask in what ways how and for better/worse and really scrutinise what their real world impact is Vs. their track record, and then work out who you want to award knighthoods to.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

I'm sure Ozzy Osbourne can say the exact same thing, you might have have of the Black Country in you perhaps?

Prince of Darkness from the Black Country, like Noddy Holden.

Jasper Carrot's funny, I wonder thought, tbh; How do we get Ozzy Osbourne knighted?

I know the Queen LOVES her animals. and well, Ozzy being Ozzy, out of his face, bit the head of a dove, to which, whatever... If we could look past that whole head biting off of animals, then, I'd like to see him get knighted, for all the good he'd done by his patronage of the UK and what's he's done for, dare I say it, the arts. 

Thats Noddy Holder.  I think Osbournes a fucking prat and his musics bollocks, all that phoney fuckin' metallers 'oooh look at me, arent I evil looking?', no mate, you just look like a cunt.  A braindead no talent pisshead that lucked out on the arse-end of a good era of music churning out third rate loud sub blues bollocks and co-joining it with a load of ghostie ghoulie bullshit to entertain people that aint very bright.  No one gets into metal as an adult, its something you can only really sell to kids, some people grow out of it when they grow up and some never escape, trapped forever in a life of dole queues and Special Brew and socially handicapped by an aversion to deodourant.

I guess I'm still stuck on Samantha Holden then huh.

ov2xur437cjc27rc.jpg?skj2io4l

I love Ozzy's voice and even had a bombsite near me in my time, but that's just whatever; from working class to what's he's achieved and while you're out there fronting Black Sabbath and creating Blizzard of Ozz marrying for family and also, in a sense, creating music and creating a brand such as Ozzy Osbourne; you're not out there robbing people or whatever else pension funds get slashed like BHS or doing whatever Rolf Harris, Jimmy Savile and Bill Cosby were all doing. Ozzy hasn't touched no anyone or had any questionable business dealings, he's just been an eccentric artist.

It's my understanding that Ozzy wants an knighthood and people who's gotten them (some of them) have done questionable deeds that has affected the lives of people in a negative way, so if there's any honour in the knighthood with Sir Phillip Green and BHS, then surely John Osborne is more honourable than Sir Philip Green in the sense that Ozzy never used somebody else's mass pensionfund to do some interesting tax loopholes with his wife; all Ozzy and his wife seem to do is get on TV or manage Ozzfest etc...

Edited by Snake-Pit

I quite like Sabbath because they were this blues-stoner band who liked Hammer Horror, and didn't know what the heck they were doing, so they chucked everything in a pot and the results were revolutionary. There was quite an English sensibility about them also. They did not consider themselves ''heavy metal''. They were far more psychedelic and rooted in an English gothic thing than your Metalilicas, Maidens, Panteras who followed.  Ozzy? I liked him with Randy Rhodes. His solo stuff went down the pan thereafter.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

When fans of music talk about 'creating a brand' it makes me wanna eat razorblades.  

There is a lot of that type of discussion on the Guns N' Roses board.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

please don't. we would miss you! :lol:

Do you not find it odious though?  Fans of music, the audience, us, our job in this relationship is to do with like, love of music right, liking a good tune and that.  When did our concerns suddenly become market forces and brand awareness and all that fuckin' bullshit? 

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Do you not find it odious though?  Fans of music, the audience, us, our job in this relationship is to do with like, love of music right, liking a good tune and that.  When did our concerns suddenly become market forces and brand awareness and all that fuckin' bullshit? 

yeah i totally do agree actually. brand awareness...what a pompous term.

i do not buy into that at all. i don't have tons of fan memorabilia or whatever. i got stuff from the GN'R concert cos of the tickets i bought, i never even went near the merch stands.

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah i totally do agree actually. brand awareness...what a pompous term.

i do not buy into that at all. i don't have tons of fan memorabilia or whatever. i got stuff from the GN'R concert cos of the tickets i bought, i never even went near the merch stands.

The Prince of Darkness...building a brand :lol:  It's awful.  And it's all over music too, in hip hop especially, every single last bastard interview you see on Hot 97 or Power 105 its like:

Interviewer: So, what are you doing today, whats life like for you?

Random Rapper: Well, you know, I'm just workin', gettin' my hustle on, you already know what it is, doing my thing, building my brand, tryna get awareness up for my brand.

Interviewer: How do you feel about social medias role in hip hop today?

RR: Well, there's a lotta motherfuckers out here today y'know and it's all good, everybody needs to get their brand out there you know?

Interviewer: What do you have to say about the embarassing video of you fellating a midget uploaded onto youtube last week that went viral, it caused quite a furore, any comments?

RR: Well see it's like this, it really got my brand out there, you know, all of them clicks, each one is just building my brand up, people know me, this the franchise baby!

Interviewer: How do you feel about the upcoming election?

RR: You know what?  I feel like it would be best for my brand if i didn't make no kinda comment on that shit

*screams his head off*

It's like they're selling Aquafresh!

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

Sabbath are a fucking epic band. Those first five albums are some of the best hard rock albums of all time. Led Zeppelin? Fuck off. AC/DC? You're 'avin a laugh! Paranoid, Master of Reality, Sabotage and self-titled are where it's at and are quite simply everything that's good about rock and heavy metal music.

Ozzy's solo stuff is less great, but he's made some good songs over the years, especially on his first two albums and No More Tears.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I love his accent in his singing voice, his voice is great, sells LOTS of records, Ozzy has a God given talent.

agree. he may have an out of control life history, may have been on a really bad reality show and all the other bad things people have mentioned but at the end i will judge him on his music. and i like ( even love some of ) his music :)

On 10/14/2016 at 10:17 PM, ZoSoRose said:

damnnnnn still hot af

I guess it's better to give than to receive sometimes is all I can say about that.

I think Ozzy sobered up after his quadbike accident in England all those year ago, I think; Also, Ozzy looks a lot more sober in his recent 2016 TV show with his son Jack than he did in most of The Osbournes. Ozzy still rocks.

I also heard Slash of Guns N' Roses now sobered up too.