Guns N' Roses: Chinese Democracy 2 Rumoured For 2011

Ana_1991

In related news: just for the lulz of it, I kinda wanna edit the title of this thread to read "[FALSE] Chinese Democracy 2 Rumoured For 2011" :lol:

I agree that AFD and Chinese took a lot of time to take off or set in with people respectively.

Don't act like that's the same thing at all. :lol:

Poorly worded reply on my part. Not even close to what I meant.

• Like 1

In related news: just for the lulz of it, I kinda wanna edit the title of this thread to read "[FALSE] Chinese Democracy 2 Rumoured For 2011" :lol:

I agree that AFD and Chinese took a lot of time to take off or set in with people respectively.

I think you worded it very well. There are parallels there for sure- except records just don't sell now. There is no denying that CD has gained traction and respect with time though. CD is one of those records that will continue to pop up on those underrated albums lists.

Edited by Mr. Dude

I think you worded it very well. There are parallels there for sure- records just don't sell now. There is no denying that CD has gained traction and respect with time though.

I'm one of the biggest CD fans you'll find and I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you here. Given the circumstances, I really don't think CD would have sold well even if the great music industry collapse had never happened.

• Like 1

I think you worded it very well. There are parallels there for sure- records just don't sell now. There is no denying that CD has gained traction and respect with time though.

I'm one of the biggest CD fans you'll find and I have to wholeheartedly disagree with you here. Given the circumstances, I really don't think CD would have sold well even if the great music industry collapse had never happened.

I gotta disagree with that. I think CD would have sold massively circa 2000. As it stands, I think it sold well- it just doesn't seem like that when you put it up against the time and hype involved. Aside from the commercial end of things, I think its undeniably gained some critical respect and reevaluation over the years though. I don't think that would've happened if Axl had just quickly released another record and swept it under the rug.

I gotta disagree with that. I think CD would have sold massively circa 2000. As it stands, I think it sold well- it just doesn't seem like that when you put it up against the time and hype involved. Aside from the commercial end of things, I think its undeniably gained some critical respect and reevaluation over the years though. I don't think that would've happened if Axl had just quickly released another record and swept it under the rug.

I agree that it got critical acclaim when it came out and I don't disagree that it would have sold a ton more if it came out in 2000, but I'm talking about something different. I'm saying that if the great music industry collapse hasn't happened before 2008, it wouldn't have effected sales of CD.

I agree that it got critical acclaim when it came out and I don't disagree that it would have sold a ton more if it came out in 2000, but I'm talking about something different. I'm saying that if the great music industry collapse hasn't happened before 2008, it wouldn't have effected sales of CD.

ah, idk. I think if say Pearl Jam's 2009 release had sold as well as Chinese Democracy did, people would act like they saved the industry. I just think the narrative is different. The media loves Eddie Vedder, people think he's a nice guy. The interpretation is different even if the net result is similar.

A decade since the release of CD, Axl Rose, mercurial frontman of Guns n Roses, is planning to release part deux of his 20 years in the making masterpiece, ominously titled Chinese Democracy II. Rosé said poolside, "We couldn't think of a better title."

• Like 2

A decade since the release of CD, Axl Rose, mercurial frontman of Guns n Roses, is planning to release part deux of his 20 years in the making masterpiece, ominously titled Chinese Democracy II. Rosé said poolside, "We couldn't think of a better title."

What I think would be really cool is if he calls the next release "Chinese Democracy III"

Edited by Mr. Dude
  • Like 1

Joe perry has said this week that Aerosmiths last album never sold that well. He also added that playing new songs gets a "polite appluase" at the shows. Which is why they are only playing one new song at most on the recent tour.

Aerosmith are bigger than GNR and have their original lineup, yet they are struggling to put out new material which there audiance would love. With this in mind... How does current GNR have a chance?

Edited by Axl_morris

What I think would be really cool is if he calls the next release "Chinese Democracy III"

Actually he should call it Axl Rose Chinese Democracy part 2

Joe perry has said this week that Aerosmiths last album never sold that well. He also added that playing new songs gets a "polite appluase" at the shows. Which is why they are only playing one new song at most on the recent tour.

Aerosmith are bigger than GNR and have their original lineup, yet they are struggling to put out new material which there audiance would love. With this in mind... How does current GNR have a chance?

With that theory; how does any band stand a chance if their last album didn't do as well as the one before that? Big bands should realize that the only way they'll sell albums if they actually play stuff from it, and actually go out to promote it.

Many big acts nowadays seem to think that their new stuff will only sell if it's got a hit, but as soon as it doesn't it's never them, but the record company or some other factor that's at fault. Aerosmith never went out to promote their record. They did about 3 televised performances, gave 2 interviews and then toured the album half a year after it'd been released. Yeah, no shit no one knows it's been out.

Its very hard for older bands to get new material across and you definitely won't if you don't try. Axl did well to get the CD songs accepted as well as they are, but it took a long damn time. You really have to force it down the audience's throat. People don't go crazy for shit they don't know. In the States people don't even go crazy for shit they do know. They're mostly trying to get good video so they can let other people know they were there.

Old rockers are fickle, they love a band but refuse to acknowledge newer material by them. KISS fans are probably the worst, dismissing any songs written after 1978 being played at their concerts.

I'm glad Axl doesn't give a fuck and plays songs throughout the band's discography plus covers, otherwise it'd be the same setlist from Live Era twenty years later.

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

Putting out the Dj material with some covers would probably sell pretty well.

Old rockers are fickle, they love a band but refuse to acknowledge newer material by them. KISS fans are probably the worst, dismissing any songs written after 1978 being played at their concerts.

I'm glad Axl doesn't give a fuck and plays songs throughout the band's discography plus covers, otherwise it'd be the same setlist from Live Era twenty years later.

Or he could have released more than, what, .65 original songs per year since UYIs so he had more material to draw from?

Edited by magisme
  • Like 3

Wasted has touched on this before, but the thing about Chinese Democracy is each song is like an album itself. Basically, you could say that CD1 is like 14 albums. That's essentially an album a year when you break it down.

That's lowballing it even. TWAT is at least two songs in one, therefore two albums. Same with Catcher and SOD. Prostitute has gotta be at least three. Scraped is only 1/3 of a song, though, but overall it's still closer to 20 albums.

Wasted has touched on this before, but the thing about Chinese Democracy is each song is like an album itself. Basically, you could say that CD1 is like 14 albums. That's essentially an album a year when you break it down.

Yeah, but Rihad is like -146 albums then :D Edited by EvH

That's lowballing it even. TWAT is at least two songs in one, therefore two albums. Same with Catcher and SOD. Prostitute has gotta be at least three. Scraped is only 1/3 of a song, though, but overall it's still closer to 20 albums.

I might be underestimating it, but I was referring to how most of the tracks seem like there are several different songs within each one. I'm not saying that each song is necessarily an album, but that most of the songs have several songs packed within the song therefore equaling an album. Better could be a double album on its own though. Basically, I'm just trying to look at things objectively.

• Like 2

I might be underestimating it, but I was referring to how most of the tracks seem like there are several different songs within each one. I'm not saying that each song is necessarily an album, but that most of the songs have several songs packed within the song therefore equaling an album. Better could be a double album on its own though. Basically, I'm just trying to look at things objectively.

We're saying the same thing. Objectively, 20-30 albums.