MYGNRFORUM *not* closing

eRomano

OMG, this is devastating, checking out the posts and news on this forum was like one of the things I did every morning before classes or before going to sleep, I have no words, it was and will be the best GN'R forum ever, but I guess everyone has their limit, shocking...

All the best to you fine forum-people, it was fun!

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All seriousness, thanks to -

Madison

GCAM

UK Subs

toffeegirl

Bono

That Guy

Twoifbysea

RAMM:ELL:ZEE

Lindy

highvoltage

Dead Flower

spoon87

Bromie

Spud Jr

moreblack

Genesis

Princess

Gash

LEIGH ROK

Ghost Guns

Projected

username

Rocketking

shades

White Raven

Bros, all of you

Edited by mr-fukaji

Wow. Sad Times :(

Not been here as long as some, but its been Great. Thanks to everyone who supported this band and this forum over the time ive been here. Really sad to see it go. Checked here like every day for ages now. We need to keep the discussion alive by moving to other forums over the net. Thanks to all the mods for the support and Ron for the heartfelt comment. Thanks to all of you.

Peace

Fellow GNR fans,

It is with regret to inform you that mygnrforum.com GNR Fan Forumwill be closing as of Friday April 15th.

Running mygnrforum.com since December 31st 2001 has been fun for a long time. It’s made me discuss and meet a whole lots of great GNR fans from all over the world (you know who you are), it’s also gave me the opportunity assist many GNR concerts for free, meet the band and Axl Rose.

In recent years, some aspects have grown to be whole lot less fun: leaks, lack of communication from management, even lawyer letters from the band. Those I lived with and became accustomed to.

Running internet Forum for a large website such as mygnrforum.com (38,452 members) and ten times more fans visiting (guests) requires expensive servers for which the monthly costs are significant.

Absence of promotion of Chinese Democracy, still no US tour, waiting for new material, the recession, are all factors which affect how much money can be made to offset the hosting fees which have been significantly higher than what ads and donations bring in.

I do thank the few supporters who have made donations. Unfortunately, it’s something that never really took off as only few people were able to donate (190$ in the last year). Supporters who have made donations in the last year have been informed how they can get a pro-rata refund if they wish.

So for many years now, I’ve been putting up my own money to help keep alive the Forum. This is a situation which I have discussed with GNR many times. Aside from expressing they want mygnrforum.com closed in the past, even after being offered, GNR has not shown any concrete interest in supporting and/or taking over the mygnrforum.com.

Aside from not making any business sense to run the Forum, it’s grown to expose me as the owner of the site to lawyer letters threatening lawsuits. So it’s making sense to throw the towel now and just close the mygnrforum.com. I guess GNR will finally have what it has wanted for a very long time!

I do believe that this was the best GNR fan Forum of all, with the best infrastructure, best moderating team and best forum members (GNR fans). It’s a shame that could not grow into something more. I often browse other band’s websites and fan forums and truly envy how those other bands have embraced the internet, fan forums, and fans! But not GNR unfortunately. I often think that the Forum could have been so much more for GNR. But then again GNR could also be so much more. But it’s currently not, and has not been for some time now. Great band, great music, great signer, but not so great marketing.

Thank you all for your continued interest during the last 10 years, I truly hope all the GNR fans will be able to find a place to continue to exchange. Thank you to all the forum members who made mygnrforum such a great place over the years, and a special thank you to all the members of the moderating team (past and present) who have put so much of their time into this. Special thanks to Highvoltage, Montrealer and Madison for their implication over the years of running this place.

I also wish all the best to GNR and to Axl Rose for the future.

Eric Romano, admin

Well honestly I figured you were at least making enough money to cover costs. To me it's simply not worth it. Even running a small site is work, and yours was certainly not small. The time, money, lack of band activity/participation with fans are all huge deterrents when you also have a busy life. I've always loved GNR, but grew tired of the ridiculous drama, band secrets etc. I will always keep my blog up as a fan page, but had also closed my forum up because all my members had simply lost the passion for Guns. We just moved to a general board instead and talked about life...much more interesting.

Anyway, I never knew you Eric, but thanks for all your work, you did a great job. It's sad reading that you put all this time into creating such a great board for GNR and essentially got zero love from them for it.

Best of luck whatever you do.

J

WoooW smiley-shocked.gifsad.gifsad.gif I wasn't expecting this. This was the best GNR forum of them all...

but if so, big thanks to Eric, Madison and whole moderating team, I'll miss this place.. and lots of great people here (Nathalie, Bory. Username, grandpa Subsy, coma2k, highvoltage, Jackamo, AlmostFamous, cold_as_ice, ... ) ... huh.gifno.gif

Where do we go, where do we go now ....

Edited by Mango

This. Can't. Be. Happening.

Thanks so much to Eric and the mods for everything over the past few years.

One of the highlights of my day was always to come on and see what latest madness

had erupted in Guns world (or at least amongst the forum members).

The best forum site ever. To tell the truth, the band wasn't worthy of this site.

Quote of the day!

+2

Guest siliconmessiah

One of the highlights of my day was always to come on and see what latest madness

The best forum site ever. To tell the truth, the band wasn't worthy of this site.

Quote of the day!

+2

+3

Madison

GCAM

UK Subs

toffeegirl

Bono

That Guy

Twoifbysea

Lindy

highvoltage

Dead Flower

spoon87

Bromie

Spud Jr

moreblack

Genesis

Princess

Gash

LEIGH ROK

Ghost Guns

Projected

username

Rocketking

shades

White Raven

Bros, all of you

Leigh-Rok! and Princess appreciate the honour. Thanks brother.

Right, lets run riot on this shit.

The slow death of Guns N' Roses. Great times. I love that forum and the members. I became addicted to it. There were times there was nothing going on with Guns N' Roses but I would come here every single day. Have more than 4000 posts here. Made some good friends, real friends. Had a great time, laughed a lot with you guys.

It's a shame that the Guns N' Roses death has to start with one of the best parts of it.

Manets, where do you gonna post now? You're the best source of informations for Rio, I'll follow you everywhere!

The only uncensored Guns N' Roses forum on the internet

Madison

GCAM

UK Subs

toffeegirl

Bono

That Guy

Twoifbysea

Lindy

highvoltage

Dead Flower

spoon87

Bromie

Spud Jr

moreblack

Genesis

Princess

Gash

LEIGH ROK

Ghost Guns

Projected

username

Rocketking

shades

White Raven

Bros, all of you

:thumbsup:

How can Slash be a cancer if it's everything Axl touches that withers and dies?

If there's Axl behind this, it's his biggest mistake ever. .MYGNR reunion is now the only reunion I want.

Will someone please think of the children?

:lol:

Quote of the day!

+2

+3

+4

Well, what else can i say, i was just looking at the thread that i made last year after the GNR concert in Caracas and i got very sad...

I had a blast posting on the Use Your illusion section, the hottest girls and boys thread, the Axl in little shorts appreciation thread was the best place of this forum to hang out on my saturday mornings hehe.. :wub: Oh God i posted thousands of Axl pics over these past 5 years, i got 3 photobuckets albums with all the pics i used here.. :)

Gotta mention also all the great people i met here that and i become very good friends... gnr=axl, Dory, Boryana, Mango,LeighRok, NightrainKid, Michelle, Grimo,ChrisAxl,Sarsura (my other venezuelan pal) Caluca, Angelica( she posted the best pics over here).. :heart: Sixtus and his unique sense of humor, he was hilarious!! haha

So in the words of Axl Rose, nothing last forever, thanks for all the great memories people and the mods in general it was a fantastic ride!!! :heart:

Edited by nathalie92

Madison

GCAM

UK Subs

toffeegirl

Bono

That Guy

Twoifbysea

Lindy

highvoltage

Dead Flower

spoon87

Bromie

Spud Jr

moreblack

Genesis

Princess

Gash

LEIGH ROK

Ghost Guns

Projected

username

Rocketking

shades

White Raven

Bros, all of you

:thumbsup:

:shades: