MYGNRFORUM *not* closing

eRomano

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siliconmessiah

Time to go now.

It´s been great years with Guns N Roses and Mygnrforum.

Maybe both the band and the forum will resurrect some day.

Until then. Bon voyage!

We want your support, buy our records, come see us on tour, but only when we say so and on our terms. Any other questions? Well don't care. If your Jarmo this makes perfect sense to everyone else this has what it's come to.

Feel bad for fans and equally band members, love them or hate them fans are the lifeblood of any band and slowly and surely the supply is being purpously strangled.

Just got home and heard about this. For what it's worth, the mods and posters here have my gratitude. That includes the folks that gave me shit, lol. Thank you to the mods for taking care of this place, and to everyone for all the care and interest and passion you've shown. No community online or offline agrees and gets along perfectly, that's nature - but overall, y'all have been fkn great :) I appreciate a whole lotta ya's a whole lot. Ron

ron you are a hell of a person man, so down to earth, we'll put bro !

Shocking stuff. I've been on here since high school, and this place will be missed greatly. Always felt at home here, and had some great talks with some of you.

Terrible way to end it, not sure where or how I'll honestly keep in touch with GN'R's status (or lack thereof). In the past 4 years or so, this was the big dog, when it came to Guns.

Gonna miss ER, Forsaken, Almost Famous, Angelica, appetite4illusions, bluesy, Dead Flower, highvoltage, and lots more I'm probably forgetting.

So long. :(

First off I just want to say I have been a member of this board since 2003 and during my time here I feel I'm right in saying that I had become great friends with two of the Mods here in Guns Guy and Montrealer..... those two have become two people I can talk to outside of Guns N Roses so for that I want to thank you for being two people I can trust and for being someone I can call friends.

In closing I would like to thank everyone involved in making this forum into such a great place to be I am going to miss everyone here and most Importantly Eric for all of his hard work it's a real shame it came to this.

All the best to Guns N Roses and their camp but of course all the best to the people that kept this place alive the GNR fans

Now, this is the last time...Thanks! Going to bed now............it's been great! thanks for the past 6 years! This has been one of my favorite sites ever. so many memories. so many nights here. thanks everyone!!! bye! rock1

see you at gunsnfnroses.com!

cant believe how you guys are blaming the band for this.

- having ''a feeling'' that the band dont want this site to exist

is that shit enough for you to crucify the band? Are you for real?

- the band showed ''no interest'' in saving this message board

emm... so you crucify the band for not giving money to some fans to keep a website open? was there any talk, anyway? did any of the members of this staff contacted the band to get some help?

GN'R has nothing to do with this. A lot of websites are shut down for this same reason day after day.

I really dont know if I prefer HTGH's censorship or a place full-of-haters and cupcakes like this forum was. And what is worst, ''my feeling'' is that the MyGNR staff not only did historically nothing to stop these haters but also exhort them to keep their bevahiour/ideology against Guns N' Roses, the band we *allegedly* love.

If Eric really wanted this site to continue, there are many ways to save it. Let's put some bucks and that's all my friends. Count me in for that.

Stop with the victimization and with all the drama.

Wow, outta the blue. Maybe not to everyone, but it seems to many of us.

Thanks to Eric for putting up the money. Thanks to the mods for all their time, and to all the nutty Guns fans. Man, when I think back to the Hammerstein days, leaks, and the live shows streamed online. This place was really fun! And would've been again this October.

But honestly, GN'R wanted this place closed? How pathetic is that? Focus on getting your own shit together for Christ's sake. Get your eyes back on the ball. You guys are a band, first and foremost. Worry about that, instead of this petty forum crap. Maybe that's a good idea? Hmmm?

Sad to say that a lot of the passion I've had, while still there, is just getting harder and harder to muster. So one final thanks to the band, who have ensured the fans got screwed one more time. It's too bad that you guys can't see that we are all huge fans, and it's our passion for the band that makes us say harsh things. But we call it like we see it. Not like some places, where praise is mandated. Since when was GN'R about being controlled and liking it?

Peace!

Exactly my feelings.

Eric, Madison and mod team, never expressed it before, but great thanks for all your efforts in making and keeping this the consistently best GNR fan forum. Even when there was nothing going on with the band(ie, most of the time), this was just a really cool place to hang out, such a diverse group of fans. The closing is a shocker just because the site lasted through so many lean years already, but Eric's position totally understandable. Much thanks again to all, you guys ROCK...

C'est la Vie

Being here since April of '05, I've seen the best, the worst, and certainly the weirdest of this particular subset of fans.

I may not have gotten to know many of you on an intensely personal level, nor did I ever spend a great deal of time loitering in the off-topic forums, but I have my own particular memories filled with your comments, jokes, and debates.

We've had a wild time and heard some great music together; sometimes illicitly, oftentimes prior to the world at large, but at the end of the day, most importantly, we had this place as a platform upon which we were permitted to express ourselves freely and without reservation or fear of reprimand, and for that, Eric should be applauded.

My sincere thanks to all mods past and present, even those who get berated by narcissistic rock stars for their behavior :shrugs: .

Best of luck to you all..///

someone send a brotha a PM when the party saunters on down the road.

Edited by oneway23