Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

Again,

The point Smooth is trying to twist to help defend his lord and savior Axl, implies to those with common sense that Axl and Slash themselves haven't talked face to face, or man to man about their zerogame plans. Doesn't mean their managers weren't talking to each other in terms of a performance. Each to their own.

I'm confident that Slash wouldn't throw a solid no to a performance, unless a solid no was given to him. NOTHING in this article means, or indicates he's the one refusing to play. He's just the messenger in this scenario. And actually, I think he should be commended for not keeping the fans in the dark any longer.

Really? You're confident about that? Do you remember the 20th Anniversary of AFD and the Key Club gig? Yes, Axl did not show up for that. But, Slash independently elected to not perform.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78428

Once I started getting phone calls and e-mails from all over the world about this gig, I said, 'You know what? I can't support it as such 'cause that's not what it is.' So I went down there but I didn't wanna get up and play because I didn't wanna fuel that any further. So I think Duff got up and played, and Izzy got up and played, and it was what it was, but I don't see any reunion happening for real."

Ali

That was also during the time when Axl released a statement about Slash showing up at his house wanting to talk things through and said bad things about Scott and Duff. slash didnt preform because he wanted to give the impression he was committed to VR

Axl released that statement more than a year before that Key Club gig in 2007. It was in May 2007 that Slash admitted he lied initially about visiting Axl's house.

Yeah, you cracked the case on that one, Sherlock. That's exactly how I am. That's exactly what I was saying. :rolleyes:

Pathetically immature

Ali

It what you always say! It's all you ever say! I just thought I'd save you the trouble of posting again. All you have to do is copy and paste that each time now! You're welcome! :lol:

The classic sign of someone who has nothing of substance to say in a discussion is when they engage in a personal attack as opposed to responding to the point the other party has made :thumbsup:

Again,

The point Smooth is trying to twist to help defend his lord and savior Axl, implies to those with common sense that Axl and Slash themselves haven't talked face to face, or man to man about their game plans. Doesn't mean their managers weren't talking to each other in terms of a performance. Each to their own.

I'm confident that Slash wouldn't throw a solid no to a performance, unless a solid no was given to him. NOTHING in this article means, or indicates he's the one refusing to play. He's just the messenger in this scenario. And actually, I think he should be commended for not keeping the fans in the dark any longer.

Really? You're confident about that? Do you remember the 20th Anniversary of AFD and the Key Club gig? Yes, Axl did not show up for that. But, Slash independently elected to not perform.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78428

Once I started getting phone calls and e-mails from all over the world about this gig, I said, 'You know what? I can't support it as such 'cause that's not what it is.' So I went down there but I didn't wanna get up and play because I didn't wanna fuel that any further. So I think Duff got up and played, and Izzy got up and played, and it was what it was, but I don't see any reunion happening for real."

Ali

That was also during the time when Axl released a statement about Slash showing up at his house wanting to talk things through and said bad things about Scott and Duff. slash didnt preform because he wanted to give the impression he was committed to VR

^This statement, and the fact where he says "I can't support it as such, cause that's not what it is", meaning it's not a GNR reunion, without all the core of GNR, specifically Axl, playing. So why would he support it as such when the end result probably would've led to more trouble than it was worth, promoting (or implying) it as a GNR reunion when it's not? Apples and oranges my friend.

No, that's you reading into his statement. He said nothing about Axl's appearance or gave any indication that affected his stance. Sorry. Read the whole statement. He mentions Axl's possible appearance, or the rumor of his appearance. Your point only stands if he knew Axl was not going to be there.

Ali

And where did this "possible Axl appearance" stem from? The guys themselves, or press related "I heard from the grapevine" crap? Because from what we know from later on, Axle had a straight up rabid hatred for Slash, Duff and Axl weren't cool yet, there were back and forth lawsuits going about, so I just can't see how anybody in the band could have thought Axl was going to show up. Looks more like the press was just milking that reunion crowd, and strengthens Slash's implications that he did want to do a half assed reunion, when it wasn't a reunion. Seemed like he was trying to dodge a media frenzy.

Edited by BS11290

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzy is not going to show up. That is the reason there will be no performance. There cannot be a reunion if all of the parties are not present. It is not Axl's fault nor is it Slash's, it is what it is. Just remember that this is GNR and nothing is set in stone.

I think this can be true. Maybe Izzy doesn't want to put up with the whole "Axl vs. Slash" thing again so he probably stays at home playing his acoustic guitar or whatever. :shrugs:

Izzy is not going to show up. That is the reason there will be no performance. There cannot be a reunion if all of the parties are not present. It is not Axl's fault nor is it Slash's, it is what it is. Just remember that this is GNR and nothing is set in stone.

I think this can be true. Maybe Izzy doesn't want to put up with the whole "Axl vs. Slash" thing again so he probably stays at home playing his acoustic guitar or whatever. :shrugs:

Interesting, though, that he is sort of fueling the axl/slash "feud" by not showing up...since they won't be playing together if he's not there (supposedly..) :shrugs:

And where did this "possible Axl appearance" stem from? The guys themselves, or press related "I heard from the grapevine" crap? Because from what we know from later on, Axle had a straight up rabid hatred for Slash, Duff and Axl weren't cool yet, there were back and forth lawsuits going about, so I just can't see how anybody in the band could have thought Axl was going to show up. Looks more like the press was just milking that reunion crowd, and strengthens Slash's implications that he did want to do a half assed reunion, when it wasn't a reunion. Seemed like he was trying to dodge a media frenzy.

It doesn't matter where it stems from. The point is that if you read the comments in their entirety, there is no indication given by Slash that his decision to not play that night was anything other than an independent one.

Ali

It doesn't matter where it stems from. The point is that if you read the comments in their entirety, there is no indication given by Slash that his decision to not play that night was anything other than an independent one.

Ali

Yeah, it was his decision. But it's apples and oranges. If you read the comments seems like he doesn't want to promote a half assed reunion as a gnr reunion. He pretty much says this. Pretty hard to interpret it any other way.

The hof is on a much bigger scale. Slash has said in the past he'd be willing to do it if they could start communicating. They all realize how important this is to the fans. I'm confident slash wouldn't have told the fans no, unless a confirmed no was given to him. He was just being the messenger, and nothing he's said in this current article suggests that he's the reason a reunion performance at the hof is not happening

They should perform a song or two with the old line up, the new and then all jam together. That would be amazing and honor the evolution of the band. They should put the fans first! if it wasn't for us they wouldn't be where they are now! stop being selfish Slash and Axl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You claim this induction is an honor for the fans, because of our support but then nooooo, we won't perform together, sorry. jerks. love them but acting like selfish JERKS!!! :thumbsdown:

I would like to point out to some of the people posting on this thread one thing. Some of you implying/bashing Slash for refusing to play are some of the same people that will be here a month from now claiming he is desparate to get back into GNR. So guys which way is it?

I don't know for sure if this is the case. If it is, can you please post the source?

Regardless, this is what I was trying to get at. There could be other parties that don't want to play that night besides just Axl or just Slash. Of course, Axl seems most opposed to playing with Slash again. But, the point about bringing up the 20th Anniversary of AFD Key Club show was that everyone has to be aligned for a reunion to happen and more than one party can be against the idea.

Ali

I would like to post the source but cannot. And like I said being as unpredictable as they are it might change. And we are on the same page a lot of people forget that is more than the Axl/Slash dynamic at work.

I would like to point out to some of the people posting on this thread one thing. Some of you implying/bashing Slash for refusing to play are some of the same people that will be here a month from now claiming he is desparate to get back into GNR. So guys which way is it?

Unfortunately it's both ways Sleeper,Hypocrites,flip-floppers,and rats who routinely jump on and off board when it's convienient or "cool" to do so. I think some of these people definately have a future in Politics ! :lol:

Thanks sailaway your wisdom always shines. :)

Mad Props @u Sleeper! What's on tap tonight? :)

Ali

Yeah, it was his decision. But it's apples and oranges. If you read the comments seems like he doesn't want to promote a half assed reunion as a gnr reunion. He pretty much says this. Pretty hard to interpret it any other way.

The hof is on a much bigger scale. Slash has said in the past he'd be willing to do it if they could start communicating. They all realize how important this is to the fans. I'm confident slash wouldn't have told the fans no, unless a confirmed no was given to him. He was just being the messenger, and nothing he's said in this current article suggests that he's the reason a reunion performance at the hof is not happening

He doesn't say that in relation to it being half-assed or being related to Axl's appearance or lack thereof that night.

It's not apples and oranges, therefore. The HOF is on a bigger scale, but the underlying question is one of a reunion regardless of the occasion.

Ali

I don't know for sure if this is the case. If it is, can you please post the source?

Regardless, this is what I was trying to get at. There could be other parties that don't want to play that night besides just Axl or just Slash. Of course, Axl seems most opposed to playing with Slash again. But, the point about bringing up the 20th Anniversary of AFD Key Club show was that everyone has to be aligned for a reunion to happen and more than one party can be against the idea.

Ali

I would like to post the source but cannot. And like I said being as unpredictable as they are it might change. And we are on the same page a lot of people forget that is more than the Axl/Slash dynamic at work.

Unfortunately it's both ways Sleeper,Hypocrites,flip-floppers,and rats who routinely jump on and off board when it's convienient or "cool" to do so. I think some of these people definately have a future in Politics ! :lol:

Not much I thought I would move back out of the line of fire :D

Ali

Not much I thought I would move back out of the line of fire :D

Ha! You do have a point,I occasionally find sadiistic pleasure in watching the predictable slip n' splash around in their own Drool Pool :lol:

How much would you bet that good ol' Steven Adler will march his happy ass up there and start drumming regardless of whether anybody else joins him up there?

Ha! He may well do. And good on him if he does

I bet most of the guys want to play but they don't want to be the one to bring it up

Ali

He doesn't say that in relation to it being half-assed or being related to Axl's appearance or lack thereof that night.

It's not apples and oranges, therefore. The HOF is on a bigger scale, but the underlying question is one of a reunion regardless of the occasion.

Ali

The way he says "I can't support it, because that's not what it is", seems to mean that he didn't want to support the impression that this was a gnr reunion, when it wasn't. Why wasn't it? Hmm. Seems like an easy enough puzzle...

Maybe Slash is using reverse psychology. If it was someone else that had made the decision, surely he would've blamed it on them.

And Axl was so vague about it in his TMS interview. You'd think he would want to be the one to have the final say, if he was completely against performing.

I think this whole thing is being played out for drama and press and we still don't know exactly what will happen! Even the question of who will induct them remains unanswered except by rumors! So mysterious. Drama.

Maybe Slash is using reverse psychology. If it was someone else that had made the decision, surely he would've blamed it on them.

And Axl was so vague about it in his TMS interview. You'd think he would want to be the one to have the final say, if he was completely against performing.

I think this whole thing is being played out for drama and press and we still don't know exactly what will happen! Even the question of who will induct them remains unanswered except by rumors! So mysterious. Drama.

Makes sense. Building all this drama would make a reunion performance even more epic.

Makes sense. Building all this drama would make a reunion performance even more epic.

Please don't get your hopes up :book:

If they all show up at the venue, who knows what will happen. We all know that every member has at least 3 or 4 songs in common they routinely play - so they wouldn't need to rehearse. They all know appetite (especially Jungle, It's So Easy, Paradise, Sweet Child) like the backs of their hands. So a rehearsal would need not be a factor, and GNR were always at their best when it was a spur of the moment sort of thing. This is what GNR was all about in the 80s and 90s. Planning was an after thought.

If they all show up, and the managers had their shit together (by having each person's gear rented and available, sound checked and ready to go on stage), the band would probably say 'what the hell' and do a few songs.

Not having discussed it yet, is by far the last thing that would stop them from doing it.

If they all show up at the venue, who knows what will happen. We all know that every member has at least 3 or 4 songs in common they routinely play - so they wouldn't need to rehearse. They all know appetite (especially Jungle, It's So Easy, Paradise, Sweet Child) like the backs of their hands. So a rehearsal would need not be a factor, and GNR were always at their best when it was a spur of the moment sort of thing. This is what GNR was all about in the 80s and 90s. Planning was an after thought.

If they all show up, and the managers had their shit together (by having each person's gear rented and available, sound checked and ready to go on stage), the band would probably say 'what the hell' and do a few songs.

Not having discussed it yet, is by far the last thing that would stop them from doing it.

Yeah I agree...

And as I said, Slash saying negative remarks how it's not going to happen could just be Slash getting angry because he wants it to happen so much. This might be the wrong analogy but it's like when a child throws a toy away and says "they don't want it", even though it's their favourite toy and they are just making a stand against the situation,.......maybe not getting to watch TV or something.

So, I have no doubt that they all probably want to play a few songs because that's the spirit of GN'R......but getting it to all come together on the night is another matter.