Axl Rose not attending HOF

Tabitha27

I respect his decision to not attend it is his choice. It's not like the RNRHOF is legit anyways we've all heard the discussions for Rush, KISS and many others that have yet tobe inducted when others have been. It doesn't come as a surprise that he isn't going. The only problem I have with this is that he sounds like a baby and that he scared to face Slash face to face.

If he had of just said "I decline, I don't respect the hall. Congrats to my former members" I would of understood and said ok, but this letter seems like it's just a ploy to not attend so he can squash any Reunion Rumours and avoid a face to face with Slash.

I'll still see him on tour next time he comes threw North America but Axl's Axl and he won't attend and it's under his terms so hey what the hell. I didn't expect such a long letter, he should of just shown up at 5am to accept. That would of been in Axl fashion.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How cool would it be if all the mother fuckers announcing they are "done with GNR" had the integrity of Axl???

If they had Axl's resoluteness, they'd kindly cancel their accounts and just go away...

but no...sadly, they will foolishly cling to a past that has no place in the future.

...they will likely (in true moronic fashion) stay tuned in so they can anonymously slander Axl on internet message boards. Brilliant!

Then GNR would be dead a long time ago. Most of the people who like GNR are fans of the old band! Suck on that, cause the truth hurts right? Everything here, even CD is based on what Slash,Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt and Axl accomplished. Axl is one out of 6 guys, and you can clearly see that, he doesn't do shit, just touring playing a few song he managed to write in 15 years, + a bunch of songs written and recorded with other people when he actually mattered to people outside of these forums.

How many pages ago did you say you were done with Guns N Roses?

Thank you for proving my point so quickly! :)

btw, who said you can't or shouldn't be a fan of the old band? Lots of folks like old cars, old baseball teams, old airplanes that existed in the past but will never exist again.

Go on with your bad self...but the efforts you go to, to shit on Axl and GNR 2012, is just pathetic.

btw, you don't like your favorite bands being selective with their material? Sounds kinda nutty to me. I prefer quality to quantity.

How cool would it be if all the mother fuckers announcing they are "done with GNR" had the integrity of Axl???

If they had Axl's resoluteness, they'd kindly cancel their accounts and just go away...

but no...sadly, they will foolishly cling to a past that has no place in the future.

...they will likely (in true moronic fashion) stay tuned in so they can anonymously slander Axl on internet message boards. Brilliant!

Then GNR would be dead a long time ago. Most of the people who like GNR are fans of the old band! Suck on that, cause the truth hurts right? Everything here, even CD is based on what Slash,Duff, Izzy, Steven, Matt and Axl accomplished. Axl is one out of 6 guys, and you can clearly see that, he doesn't do shit, just touring playing a few song he managed to write in 15 years, + a bunch of songs written and recorded with other people when he actually mattered to people outside of these forums.

btw, who said you can't or shouldn't be a fan of the old band? Lots of folks like old cars, old baseball teams, old airplanes that existed in the past but will never exist again.

Go on with your bad self...but the efforts you go to, to shit on Axl and GNR 2012, is just pathetic.

btw, you don't like your favorite bands being selective with their material? Sounds kinda nutty to me. I prefer quality to quantity.

Well, you obviously have noe clue about what you're talking about. I don't have to shit on anything, Axl is excellent at doing that himself. And your quality/quantity sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

not sure if this has been posted already in the 27 pages.. but this reporter roger friedman says he knows the reasons why axl isn't attending after having talked to axl personally.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/04/11/axl-rose-exclusive-hates-slash-wont-do-rock-hall-induction/

That article was written by a moron. November rain came out in 1986. It was written around that time sure.

I've got mixed emotions about this one.

Could care less that the original line up cannot get together for this Mediocre Hall of Fame event...

However i still cannot fathom that they can't put aside this immature act and be friends once again.

not sure if this has been posted already in the 27 pages.. but this reporter roger friedman says he knows the reasons why axl isn't attending after having talked to axl personally.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rogerfriedman/2012/04/11/axl-rose-exclusive-hates-slash-wont-do-rock-hall-induction/

Wouldnt that letter have more credibilllity if he got his facts right, November rain was not released in 1986!..unless ive REALLY got my stuff wrong ;-)

1. Why do you care so much about what another poster thinks?

2. So you feel that Axl is only talented enough to put out a quality album every 15 years? Any more than that would be lessing the "quality" of the music and just going for "quantity." Wow. I have no doubt that Axl could put out an album every 5 years and that the "quality" would be amazing. Weird that you call yourself a fan, but you don't have faith in Axl's abilities.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the most rad thing ever.

Ladies and gentlemen if you don't think Axl is the embodiment of Rock n Roll then you've missed the point entirely. The man is the definition of rebel, doing things his own fucking way. Time and time again the man proves that he will always do whatever he in his heart feels is right.

He's a sad and bitter old man acting like a child. It's not rock and roll to treat your fans like shit despite what you might think.

No. He simply doesn't want to take that award certainly because of everything that's being said and done regarding the HOF thing.

I'll be really honest... I hoped Axl would actually refuse to be inducted earlier this year, not only now, a few days before the ceremony.

Respect to him. Fuck media, fuck awards. His integrity means more than anything else. Thank you for proving me that once again, Axl. I'm supporting the right guy.

He did everything I hoped he would. Turn it down.

:thumbsup:

Yes it's the very definition of rock star, and this is what make Axl such an ICON. Those who cry about it, don't get it, and don't get what rock n roll is supposed to be all about.

What has Josh Klinghoffer done other than help produce one album few people noticed and collect a pay check for three years? What has he done to be included with the greats?

see my most recent post. i'm not debating this further because i have made my point and you can continue to try to make whatever yours may be. based on the overall context of guns n' roses as an entity - which could be outlined here for hundreds if not thousands of words - it is obvious why the new bandmembers were not inducted.

There has been an unfortunate precedent set by the hall's inconsistency. Tommy's inclusion is a valid discussion based on this.

here's the discussion.

the precedent set is that the RnRHoF makes its induction decisions based on context; their judgment. they inducted klinghoffer? cool. they didn't induct dave navarro or jack sherman, did they? matt sorum wasn't an original bandmember but he is being inducted, so that proves there is no bias against GN'R.

so yes, ali, you're right: there has been a precedent set. unfortunately for you, it does not factor into your argument as tidily as you may have hoped.

Your assumption is that band dissolution context is the reasoning. That is not known for certain. Given that, what I see is inconsistency for induction of individual musicians based on similar contribution levels.

Your assumptions are just that and as such don't strengthen your argument and fit in as tidily as you think.

Ali

no, my assumption is that they included the lineup that the general public most perceives as 'Guns N' Roses' (and let's be honest, they always had a far stronger iconic image than RHCP as far as their individual members), as well as the lineup that factually is the reason for their success and impact as a band. i.e. the success and impact that deems them worthy of inclusion to begin with. since you enjoy reducing everything to its most technical and literal level, let's start with what we know: we know they selectively pick bandmembers. we know this from precedent.

we also know that they chose the lineup that was responsible for the band's commercial and artistic impact. factual. and we know that they even included the drummer and keyboardist from the 'illusion' era to further cement this idea and prove there's no bias against future/past members.

put these together and one can reasonably assume, as close to a guarantee as you'll get (which were my words to you), that they chose the members for induction based on context of the band's history, which includes its dissolution. they clearly don't just round up every single member past and present. i urge people to have intelligent discourse and love a good debate, but you're simply delusional if you're crying foul for consistency in such an obvious case.

Ah yes, it's common sense. Right. :rolleyes: The point is that without being on the board or knowing why which members were included and which were not for each band, you cannot state as a certainty what the reasoning was. You don't know, therefore you cannot "guarantee" anything. You can speculate and think you're correct in your speculation.

anyone who wonders why the lineup that produced music, sold millions of records, and took the world by storm is being inducted instead of/in addition to the chinese democracy-era lineup (given its rather infamous legacy in general) simply has no common sense. so continue rolling your eyes.

Robert Trujillo, Tommy Stinson and Josh Klinghoffer have all played on one original album with the bands in question. Tommy's been a member for 14 years, Josh's been with RHCP for 3 years, Trujillo with Metallica for 9 years.

and for the last time - and again, this was my entire point to begin with, which you don't seem to understand - no matter how long tommy has technically been a member of GN'R, in the public eye - and most likely to the eye of the RNRHoF - he's not been a member. no publicity. no big interviews. one record that didn't do particularly well commercially and wasn't promoted and, hence, didn't bring him any additional attention. (and most of the attention it did receive fell on axl, both in reporting on the album's release and in reviews. it wasn't just 'another new album' - it was 'the most anticipated record of all time,' so the public eye - what little there ended up being - fell on the most famous member, who hadn't released new music in many years, so to compare it to standard run-of-the-mill releases by RHCP or Metallica is disingenuous.)

when the chili peppers brought on klinghoffer they had been a continual entity. always in the public eye. never faded away for years and years and then come back. there was a lot of press about him joining instead of press about how kiedis had finally returned after 15 years. and that's my point. you can't reduce it all to 'technicalities.' it's just common sense. i'm not a metallica fan but i recognize the name robert trujillo because of how the group functions in the public eye. if i weren't on this forum as a die-hard fan, i wouldn't know stinson outside of the replacements. if RHCP disappeared for years and years and brought back klinghoffer and did one album that bombed, he probably wouldn't be on that induction list.

and now i'm really done. just wanted to clarify those things. if you disagree with what i've said, hey, some people join cults...very little about some people's lack of common sense surprises me anymore.

I thought you weren't debating this further? :) You said "No" to my statement about context of the band's dissolution playing a role in the induction of individual members (as I thought you were stating) and then you say "they chose the members for induction based on context of the band's history, which includes its dissolution" :shrugs:

Originally you said "guaranteed" and then yes, you softened it to "as close to a guarantee as you'll get".

You stated that when Josh Klinghoffer joined RHCP there was press surrounding it. When Tommy joined GN'R I saw Kurt Loder do a MTV News update announcing that :shrugs: Maybe you're too young to have seen that. Since then, he's done many interviews as a member of GN'R, including with major music press outlets such as MTV News and Rolling Stone. Perhaps you did not see those.

I never, ever questioned why the AFD five was inducted INSTEAD of the CD lineup. Not sure where you pulled that fabrication from :shrugs:

Next, you say that Josh Klinghoffer was inducted on the basis of the fact that despite I'm With You not being anywhere near as successful as previous albums (it has yet to be certified Gold), there was no discontinuity in the band's output or public activity level. You state this I assume to say this supports that it is common sense as to how the inductions are decided. Here is an example that contradicts that: Ronnie James Dio was not inducted with Black Sabbath. He recorded Heaven and Hell with Bill Ward, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler (all original members). It was more commercially successful than Never Say Die, the last album with Ozzy Osbourne. It was released less than two years after Never Say Die, so there was no real drop-off in output. Yet Dio was excluded.

And yet, still, you are trying to assert some "common sense" or consistency to the induction process for individual members? Really?

There are no hard and fast rules. There are no consistencies. That makes it possible for a fair argument to be made for Tommy Stinson to be inducted in addition to, NOT instead of, the rest of the members being inducted.

Ali

Why include Matt and not Dizzy?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's the most rad thing ever.

Ladies and gentlemen if you don't think Axl is the embodiment of Rock n Roll then you've missed the point entirely. The man is the definition of rebel, doing things his own fucking way. Time and time again the man proves that he will always do whatever he in his heart feels is right.

He's a sad and bitter old man acting like a child. It's not rock and roll to treat your fans like shit despite what you might think.

No. He simply doesn't want to take that award certainly because of everything that's being said and done regarding the HOF thing.

I'll be really honest... I hoped Axl would actually refuse to be inducted earlier this year, not only now, a few days before the ceremony.

Respect to him. Fuck media, fuck awards. His integrity means more than anything else. Thank you for proving me that once again, Axl. I'm supporting the right guy.

He did everything I hoped he would. Turn it down.

:thumbsup:

Yes it's the very definition of rock star, and this is what make Axl such an ICON. Those who cry about it, don't get it, and don't get what rock n roll is supposed to be all about.

Rock n Roll is supposed to be about the MUSIC.

Only teenagers still care about the other stuff.

jarmo quote:

"You start a band, people join, the band becomes successful, people leave, they want the band to die, you keep going on, get new guys in who share your vision, you keep going, you're trying to get the train back up and running, you spend years on it, getting the right parts, getting everybody to work together, it's a long ride, you get to a point where you feel proud of what you accomplished after everything you've been through and somebody comes along saying "Congratulations! We will honor what you did 20-25 years ago, but we couldn't care less what you've been doing for the past 15 years! Smile!"."

Well, you obviously have noe clue about what you're talking about. I don't have to shit on anything, Axl is excellent at doing that himself. And your quality/quantity sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

You are still here. Boy, when you say you are done with a band you sure mean it, eh? :)

Hey, since Axl's just 1/6th of the old band, perhaps the other 5 should get together and make a REAL GNR album, right? I'd loooove to hear that album. :rolleyes:

btw, the quality/quantity line was used in reference to Axl not releasing sub-par albums like so many other bands out there, just for the sake of making a buck. Hence, quality over quantity. ;)