What does a ticket to the cinema cost where you live?

Guest Iron Fist SS

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Maybe a weird question, but I was talking to someone else on here who said that the tickets in her country only costed 4 Euros, which I found amazingly low. I just checked up what Batman cost here. 125 SEK, which is about €15,2/$19/£12,1. If you preorder it, it cost 145 SEK (€17,7/$22/£14), so as you might understand, I'm kind of annoyed with how high the prices for it are here. So it would be interesting to hear if the tickets are crazy expensive in other countries as well. I remember reading that Sweden, Japan and Norway had the highest price on the tickets some years ago.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends. There's a law here in Brazil that says students and anyone 21 or younger pay half the price if you show them your student card or ID. So, where I go it's basically:

Normal Movie:

Average Price: R$ 18,00 (about $ 9,00)

Student Price: R$ 9,00 (about $ 4,50)

3D Movie:

Average Price: R$ 24,00 (about $12,00)

Student Price: R$ 12,00 (about $6,00)

IMAX:

Average Price: R$ 26,00 (about $13,00)

Student Price: R$ 13,00 (about 6,50)

Maybe a weird question, but I was talking to someone else on here who said that the tickets in her country only costed 4 Euros, which I found amazingly low. I just checked up what Batman cost here. 125 SEK, which is about 15,2 Euros. If you preorder it, it cost 145 SEK (17,7 Euros), so as you might understand, I'm kind of annoyed with how high the prices for it are here. So it would be interesting to hear if the tickets are crazy expensive in other countries as well. I remember reading that Sweden, Japan and Norway had the highest price on the tickets some years ago.

17.7 Euros is approximately equal to $21.84 USD. For $21.84 I had better own the movie on Blu Ray, special edition with a bonus disc with commentary by a variety of different people, plus a "The making of" documentary or two. And it better get me a deal where I get a free bargain bin movie with its purchase. No way in hell I pay that to see a movie once in the theater.

Or if the cost included 3 beers of Sam Adams quality or better, I would consider paying that.

Guest Len B'stard

Funny you should ask that, my brother wants me to go see The Expendables II with him today so i'll be finding out later, i think it's like a tenner or something.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Maybe a weird question, but I was talking to someone else on here who said that the tickets in her country only costed 4 Euros, which I found amazingly low. I just checked up what Batman cost here. 125 SEK, which is about 15,2 Euros. If you preorder it, it cost 145 SEK (17,7 Euros), so as you might understand, I'm kind of annoyed with how high the prices for it are here. So it would be interesting to hear if the tickets are crazy expensive in other countries as well. I remember reading that Sweden, Japan and Norway had the highest price on the tickets some years ago.

17.7 Euros is approximately equal to $21.84 USD. For $21.84 I had better own the movie on Blu Ray, special edition with a bonus disc with commentary by a variety of different people, plus a "The making of" documentary or two. And it better get me a deal where I get a free bargain bin movie with its purchase. No way in hell I pay that to see a movie once in the theater.

Or if the cost included 3 beers of Sam Adams quality or better, I would consider paying that.

Blu Ray films usually cost 200-300 SEK here, which is about $30-$45. :lol:

Guest Len B'stard

Makes sense why your deodourants are so fucking expensive. Don't worry, you could always dry your tears on the flowing tresses of a blue eyed blonde haired nubile nordic maiden, best we can manage round here is gyppos :lol:

You fuckers are lucky. It's so cheap everywhere. <_<

Well, something's gotta cheap here! Taxes are ridiculously high and we've go no public health care or educational system! :lol:

Here's something to make your jaw drop:

A ZeroKm Ford Fusion V6 SE costs about $25,500 in the US. It costs over $42,000 in Brazil. <_<

Edited by The Only Cosmonaut

Surprisingly only $9.50 at the closest theater to where I live. I'm surprised considering I'm in the DFW area.

It's cheaper if you go before 7:00 PM, though, so I usually go in the afternoon, get in for approximately $6.00.

Ha! I think the deodorants have the same price in most countries.

$4.27 for a stick of deodorant, $3.97 for spray.

In Toronto, Canada it's around $12-$13. 3D movies are usually $3 more. Tuesdays are generally cheap nights, think it's around $10.

I'm not so much bothered by the ticket prices as I am with the popcorn and pop prices. A small popcorn and pop will run $10. Gouging at its worst.

Though, there's around 5-8 minutes worth of commercials before the movie, not sure if that has anything to do with Canadian prices being higher/lower. Not sure what the practice is over in Europe.

Edited by downzy

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

It's around $9.50 here. Which I think is too much, considering our salaries etc. Plus, the popcorn, coke and other shit at the theaters costs a fucking fortune. Really unproportional to anything.

Tell me about it. A menu with a medium popcorn (2 litre)and a medium soda (40cl) at the theatre costs 59 SEK, which is €7/$9/£5,6. Fucking crazy. So a small bucket of popcorn and a soda that you finish before the film even starts cost more than the actual ticket do in most of your countries. It's unfair. <_<