Guns N Roses Live From the 02 Arena - VH1 Broadcast Discussion

iftheworld

Was an absolute failure tonight. They were just set back twenty plus years. Only one CD song are you kidding me? This was their chance to showcase Chinese Democracy on Television. They skipped Better, This I love, Street of Dreams, and Maddy. What the hell? They didn't even show 14 Years, Estranged, Civil War, or Rocket Queen. Now I love watching Guns on tv no matter what and I realise there are older people out there wanting the classics but honestly, fuck Palladia and VH1. No CD songs at all I lost it.

CD

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

YCBM

SCOM

November Rain

KOHD

PC

Edited by Black Sabbath

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because Axl's only way to stay even remotely in the spotlight is through nostalgia.

Nobody (as in the masses) don't care about the output of this nu band. I honestly think they just showed CD because it was the opener. JMO.

It's a pretty simple concept to grasp if you snap back to reality.

I highly doubt this was the band's doing as too what song's were played.

Not saying it was.

But the general consensus is still well established.

The general public don't care about post Slash and co material. It's not just a coincidence CD songs got the majority of the cut.

Edited by Bobbo

I never liked Palladia or VH1. Fuck them both. Honestly I believe VH1 is still butthurt over Axl not showing up to the RNRHOF.

Honestly, the masses doesn't give a shit about CD and this is why they only showed the title track from that album...

Btw i think if somebody wanna watch the show, they deserved the full show....

I never liked Palladia or VH1. Fuck them both. Honestly I believe VH1 is still butthurt over Axl not showing up to the RNRHOF.

Honestly, the masses doesn't give a shit about CD and this is why they only showed the title track from that album...

Yes but don't you see? This was a way to get CD out there. A second chance for people to hear the masterpiece. Vh1 & Palladia fucked them.

Yes but don't you see? This was a way to get CD out there. A second chance for people to hear the masterpiece. Vh1 & Palladia fucked them.

I could see lots of channel surfing happening if it's not songs the general public wants to hear.

I could see lots of channel surfing happening if it's not songs the general public wants to hear.

I was channel surfing through all those commercials.

Was an absolute failure tonight. They were just set back twenty plus years. Only one CD song are you kidding me? This was their chance to showcase Chinese Democracy on Television. They skipped Better, This I love, Street of Dreams, and Maddy. What the hell? They didn't even show 14 Years, Estranged, Civil War, or Rocket Queen. Now I love watching Guns on tv no matter what and I realise there are older people out there wanting the classics but honestly, fuck Palladia and VH1. No CD songs at all I lost it.

CD

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

YCBM

SCOM

November Rain

KOHD

PC

They didn't even play Maddy at the show. Calm down kid. It's just a 90 minute broadcast. VH1 Classic will show the full thing next week.

CD

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

YCBM

SCOM

November Rain

KOHD

PC

They didn't even play Maddy at the show. Calm down kid. It's just a 90 minute broadcast. VH1 Classic will show the full thing next week.

First off I'm not a kid you inept cupcake. Secondly I won't be wasting my time after the bullshit they pulled tonight. Go back to your cave child.

CD

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

YCBM

SCOM

November Rain

KOHD

PC

First off I'm not a kid you inept cupcake. Secondly I won't be wasting my time after the bullshit they pulled tonight. Go back to your cave child.

You need to remember vh1 edits all their concerts this way. Its not some gnr conspiracy.

CD

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

YCBM

SCOM

November Rain

KOHD

PC

You need to remember vh1 edits all their concerts this way. Its not some gnr conspiracy.

What conspiracy?

CD

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

YCBM

SCOM

November Rain

KOHD

PC

First off I'm not a kid you inept troll. Secondly I won't be wasting my time after the bullshit they pulled tonight. Go back to your cave child.

What conspiracy?

You just seem very surprised by the song list that VH1 elected to air; people are simply stating that this practise isn't specific to GN'R - they edit the program this way for all their concerts. Chill out?

CD

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

YCBM

SCOM

November Rain

KOHD

PC

What conspiracy?

You just seem very surprised by the song list that VH1 elected to air; people are simply stating that this practise isn't specific to GN'R - they edit the program this way for all their concerts. Chill out?

Well that's because I rarely watch VH1. After all the commercials I've watched promoting this show in my region I was pumped. They really ruined what was a beautifully recorded show. As for me chilling out, I'm calm. If you don't like what I have to say leave this topic.

CD

WTTJ

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

YCBM

SCOM

November Rain

KOHD

PC

What conspiracy?
Well that's because I rarely watch VH1. After all the commercials I've watched promoting this show in my region I was pumped. They really ruined what was a beautifully recorded show. As for me chilling out, I'm calm. If you don't like what I have to say leave this topic.

Lol.. if he doesn't like what you say he can make you leave this forum.

To be fair though it is going on 5 years since CD was released - if the songs have not had an impact to where they still need to "get CD out there", playing versions from a 2012 show that Axl doesn't sound his best on is not going to swing the pendulum

And plus it is a condensed broadcast - of course they would show the songs that people know. The full show is going to be on later anyway

Edited by WhazUp

Why you're saying "VH1 And palladia" ?? Palladia didn't even aired it yet :mellow:

Yes, but Axl's current voice is shit. Chances are blown away, when the record doesn't came out in 2002 or 2006...