Ill just leave this awsome video here

DocArunas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool vid. I almost went to this show. Watching some of the videos, I'm kind of upset I didn't. Looked like a chill, fun time!

This is so bizarre, how it's come to this.

I mean, the guy had absolutely nothing at all do with this song; god knows where he was when Izzy actually wrote this song.

And now, "here's the guitarist from GNR playing one of their classics!"

I'm not talking about the quality of the performance, just making a commentary on how bizarre this whole thing is. I mean, why not just replace Axl too? Like, in 200 years, there will be an entire new cast of GNR, and some people will still say "oh wow, GNR is coming to my hometown to play a show!"

at what point does it STOP being GNR? god damn, just send a cassette tape of AFD with a jukebox all over the world and say "look! GNR has come to play a gig!"

Really? Did you look at any of the other videos from the show? I'm pretty sure this is the only Gn'R song they even played besides a bit of Sweet Child. Not sure what the big deal is.

One day, mygnrforum will be full of grown up adults able to discuss without stpuid brainless trolling. But for now, let's bash Axl one more time!

I'm not a cupcake. I am stating that, to me, Axl sounds goddamn awful for the most part. He can sound good on a few songs, and even then, he can't breath properly and does sound bad here and there. But he will sound bad on most songs. Axl had the range and power back then. He was known for his vocal power, he will never be a great technical singer. Now he simply can't sing with power, so he most likely will sound awful on most songs (except Catcher, maybe Estranged, Don't Cry, etc - mostly ballads).

Don't say that we're not full grown adults because we're saying the obvious - that Axl fucking sucks right now as he can't leave his comfort zone, can't record, can't write, can't sing, can't attend meet n' greets, etc.

Tony Harnell sounds much better than current Axl.

@ 1:00

:lol:

Not to mention that Axl would need an oxygen tank w/ him before and after holding the note that both hold at 3:09 - especially Ron that doesn't breath in between the highest screams.

My bad, Axl wouldn't even attempt that. :lol:

Don't even try to call me a cupcake. Anyone here can tell you that I'm one of the biggest Axl fans, but he's asking to be bashed.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

One day, mygnrforum will be full of grown up adults able to discuss without stpuid brainless trolling. But for now, let's bash Axl one more time!

I'm not a cupcake. I am stating that, to me, Axl sounds goddamn awful for the most part. He can sound good on a few songs, and even then, he can't breath properly and does sound bad here and there. But he will sound bad on most songs. Axl had the range and power back then. He was known for his vocal power, he will never be a great technical singer. Now he simply can't sing with power, so he most likely will sound awful on most songs (except Catcher, maybe Estranged, Don't Cry, etc - mostly ballads).

Don't say that we're not full grown adults because we're saying the obvious - that Axl fucking sucks right now as he can't leave his comfort zone, can't record, can't write, can't sing, can't attend meet n' greets, etc.

I wasn't referring to you. I even agree with you in terms of ideas, but I think the way of expressing them is also important. And this thread is like a cupcake-magnet. Just read other posts!

Really? Did you look at any of the other videos from the show? I'm pretty sure this is the only Gn'R song they even played besides a bit of Sweet Child. Not sure what the big deal is.

Then why not also play "Dead or Alive"? Hell, throw in "Hey Jude" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" too.

But no, he played a GNR classic, because he's the guitarist for GNR, even though no one in the band had ever even heard of Bumblefoot back when they wrote the song.

Honestly, I'm curious: when do you think they should stop calling it GNR? If this is a video of the GNR guitarist playing one of his band's classic songs, then why not also replace Axl with a tape recorder and send it on tour? Will you still say "yes, this is the singer from GNR, singing one of his band's classic songs"?

They also played Alanis, Queen, Boston, Lennon, Maiden, Mccartney, Priest, TNT, Zeppelin, Nazareth, etc. as well as songs from their acoustic CD. Someone probably asked him to play this one, and that is no different from the person that asked them to play Zeppelin a few days ago in India - and they did, just because that one fan wanted.

Technically strong, but man how boring and soulless. Like his guitar playing.

No one can touch the stage charisma of Mr. W. Axl Rose - that's for sure.

I wasn't even talking about charisma, I was talking about the voice itself and his vocal style.