Which of us would be the best GNR manager?

ManetsBR

I'm impressed by the charisma and bravado of MSL in paving success for relatively unknown wrestlers. He was also responsible for Last Call with Scott Hall taking off.

I think he'd do a good job confronting Interscope.

Don't you guys like my 10 year proposal!!!!

Ground control to major Groghan. Do you really think you would get Axl to do all that?!

And MSL already made him appear on the mainstream press.

He is winning this battle... by now.

But how many times of MSL challenging Axl to ping pong matches and 100-yard dashes for $10,000 in escrow would Axl accept before firing MSL?

Here is my platform

I'd fire Beta/Fernando as spokesmen.

This would be my 10 year plan.

Each band member would have to do thirty minutes a month of public relations. That's it. Thirty minutes a month. That's less than eight minutes a week. An interview with a magazine. Call a music radio station. Do a podcast. Spend 15-20 minutes at a fan forum and just chat with the fans. Thirty minutes a month. You spend more time than that a month on the toilet dropping deuces. You can dedicate thirty minutes to the fans.

Release an EP ASAP.

Studio versions of Going Down. Seeker. Riff Raff. ONE NEW SONG.

Side two would be acoustic/remix versions of: This I Love, Better, Catcher and TWAT.

Christmas 2013 - release a live DVD and CD of the best concert footage available

Summer 2014 - release double album, ala Illusions

One album of left over CD songs

One album solely written/recorded by the new band

Tour the world

Christmas of 2015 - Greatest hits album that includes 3 new songs

2016 - band vacations, side projects, etc.

Summer of 2017 release new album

Tour the world

2020............Box Set

Album by current band

Axl's autobiography

Illusions backstage footage that Axl has hidden away in his library

Backstage DVD of the current band - a documentary of the Axl's band since the classic lineup

And a couple live concert DVDs featuring the best performances from GnR since the beginning of the band

Retire the GnR name

2023...........Axl releases an acoustic/piano solo album, featuring a couple songs with Slash/Izzy/Duff.

How amazing would that be??????

That would be fantastic, Groghan. I really like it. But, and this is a huge but, it isn't the management's job to decide on the plans, usually, and especially not with a seasoned artist like Axl. Axl decides on the plans, and you, as management, would just have to execute them. All good plans, as I said, but it wouldn't be your call in the first place. If you believe you could just meet with Axl and tell him that this was how it was going to be, you're pretty naive. Your job would be to facilitate whatever vision Axl has. And right now, I am afraid, Axl hasn't got much plans so you'd be as frustrated and disoriented as Team Brazil seems to be, without being able to convey anything to the fans, without being able to conatin your frustrations. But hopefully you'd still handle it more professionally than them.

Me.

here is my platform:

I would arrange for the band to have a good 2 month run at a studio. somewhere close enough to axl's mansion so that he could come by whenever. I'd push the creative envelope and songwriting, Rick Rubin style(read about the man if you haven't). My hunch is, I would probably end up with atleast a couple of really ace sounding things. Axl would be a no-show. I would insist on getting to see Axl, the demos in my hand, play them and talk to him about another run at the studio, with some vocal demos done. I would place all my eggs in this basket and demand Axl get invovled, or I would be firing myself. Hopefully with good results. Hopefully more recording. Hopefully a good song would get done. If good, I'd have a new song out on iTunes in under a year, if bad I'd be out in 10 months or so.

The ultimate goal would be to finish a 5 song EP of fresh stuff within 18 months, that we could then shop to labels to see how much interest there is to release it.

You know you want it, so vote me for manager.

-p.

Edited by phaeryen

As manager I would, in no particular order:

1. Listen to the entire vault, sharing them with my friends of course

2. Buy a sweet new hat and probably glasses, too

3. Secure everyone's autograph (I probably lose DJ's, but no need to hurt his feelings)

4. Publicly disdain each and every one of you on a regular basis, both out of the blue and on request

5. I used to really like microwaveable milkshakes back in the day. I think I'd probably put someone on that.

I know I'm new and unknown to this board, but that won't matter, since I'd have a strict policy of treating you all "equally".

3. Secure everyone's autograph (I probably lose DJ's, but no need to hurt his feelings)

4. Publicly disdain each and every one of you on a regular basis, both out of the blue and on request

5. I used to really like microwaveable milkshakes back in the day. I think I'd probably put someone on that.

I know I'm new and unknown to this board, but that won't matter, since I'd have a strict policy of treating you all "equally".

Hey smoke! It's good to see you over here!

Having said that, I can has DJs autograph if you don't want it??

Here is my platform

I'd fire Beta/Fernando as spokesmen.

This would be my 10 year plan.

Each band member would have to do thirty minutes a month of public relations. That's it. Thirty minutes a month. That's less than eight minutes a week. An interview with a magazine. Call a music radio station. Do a podcast. Spend 15-20 minutes at a fan forum and just chat with the fans. Thirty minutes a month. You spend more time than that a month on the toilet dropping deuces. You can dedicate thirty minutes to the fans.

Release an EP ASAP.

Studio versions of Going Down. Seeker. Riff Raff. ONE NEW SONG.

Side two would be acoustic/remix versions of: This I Love, Better, Catcher and TWAT.

Christmas 2013 - release a live DVD and CD of the best concert footage available

Summer 2014 - release double album, ala Illusions

One album of left over CD songs

One album solely written/recorded by the new band

Tour the world

Christmas of 2015 - Greatest hits album that includes 3 new songs

2016 - band vacations, side projects, etc.

Summer of 2017 release new album

Tour the world

2020............Box Set

Album by current band

Axl's autobiography

Illusions backstage footage that Axl has hidden away in his library

Backstage DVD of the current band - a documentary of the Axl's band since the classic lineup

And a couple live concert DVDs featuring the best performances from GnR since the beginning of the band

Retire the GnR name

2023...........Axl releases an acoustic/piano solo album, featuring a couple songs with Slash/Izzy/Duff.

How amazing would that be??????

vote for you because of this idea

Hey smoke! It's good to see you over here!

Having said that, I can has DJs autograph if you don't want it??

All yours, my friend. :)

GN'R management seems like one of those "armchair quarterback" situations to me. I would imagine the job is WHOLE lot easier said than done.

I would say this is the most astute observation posted here.

Ali

Although it's made me unpopular, I've been very public with my views that Fernando is doing a great job as manager. I've also been very public with my views that leaks are detrimental to the band.

I honestly have no idea if that text from Beta was genuine, but her disdain for me is nothing new.

I will continue to assist if/when GNR needs my help with tracking down the source of leaks. I know that makes me a villain here and I'm at peace with that.

I do have a history of managing big name talent in the wrestling world and I do have a history working in the music industry, but current GNR management is doing a fine job and the last thing GNR needs is another management change. Even if the position was open, there are people far more qualified than I am.

You pretty much announced the leak a mere day before it happened. At the very least you knew who did it/have an idea.

Shortly after the leaks you admitted to having to do with "99% of the leaks". When somebody mentioned skewrl or whatever his name is, you said "I was including that". A topic you've since deleted. Now you expect us to believe your Dudley do right act?

Weakest attempt to save face I've ever seen.