Rate Ashba's guitar playing ability on a scale from 1-10.

Ashba Swag   

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we're going to be objective here instead of 'he's shitty and sucks' then I'll say it's not a simple black and white type answer.

But to make it easy for my lazy ass to type, he's not technically advanced when in comparison to the other guitar players he stands next to onstage.

Playing other people's songs/solos haven't been his strong suit for sure. He's better doing his own thing

I'll give him a 6. He isn't atrocious, but the old material, 9 times out of 10, is played terribly.

Those tats alone make me wanna lower the grade to 5 though. Geez.

His tattoo's are all over the place. I never understood what look he is going for with them. He's literally a plug and play type of Rock Star..

I give DJ a ten. Anytime I've seen him either GNR or Sixx AM, the guy rocks it. I love his GNR solo that he performed in 2012 in Vegas. It had such a pretty melody and he played it with such passion.

I'll give him a 6. He isn't atrocious, but the old material, 9 times out of 10, is played terribly.

Those tats alone make me wanna lower the grade to 5 though. Geez.

His TIL rendition is enough to knock another 4 points off imo. I mean...it's just...I CRINGE when I hear it.

Edited by combos

Ashba - 5

It's a difficult question but there's probably enough from Ashba out there to judge it. I reckon he'd do alright on records as long as he isn't the main wingman.

Someone like 4tus, we only got GNR to go off, BBF we got live and his solo work and clinics, some on Chinese, Buckethead we got CD, a few years live, his solo work, Finck we got CD, gigs some NIN work and NIN live, Slash we got tons of GNR shows, albums and his solo work.

Technically BBF is a better guitarist than Slash but he has not created any memorable solos in a GNR track like Slash managed, does that make Slash superior on a rating out of 10? It's difficult. Next to Ashba they are both leagues better but say Ashba came up with three class solos in the next record and BBF was out, would Ashba's rating go up if he also failed to fuck up anymore songs and learned them? I think many would devalue BBF's rating and improve Ashba's.

Ashba - 5

Buckethead - 9

Finck - 7

Fortus - 8 (JUST on his guns shows)

Slash - 9 (think about it)

Bumblefoot - 8 (I like his solo stuff, it's not stunning but it's solid, kinda has disadvantage over Fortus/Finck by having a wide array of solo work)

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 1