Requesting evidence of a good DJ Ashba song

DJ has written some good songs/solos.

I actually like the acoustic version of this song better, so that's why I'm posting that and not the original.

He wrote a lot of stuff for Mötley Crüe's last album, this song has a great solo written by DJ. The solo starts at 2:30. It's one of the best tracks on the album imo

Edited by RocketQueen1985

What I listened from Sixx AM makes Slash sound like The Dillinger Escape Plan.

This song is good for what it is. Pop/rock for teenagers. Not my favorite style and I'd never listen to an entire album of songs like this, but it's the only song I've heard from him and like I said, it's not bad for what it is.

I don't consider myself a better guitar player than DJ but he's probably the worst "famous" guitarist I've seen/heard. He's not the right guy to help Axl to write NR or Estranged pt. 2.

Listening to the first song RQ posted. Vocals suck so much ass :lol: but that doesn't matter for our purposes. Song is basic and palatable enough. I wouldn't mind hearing Axl fuck around with something like that. #nevergonnahappen

Life Is Beautiful

This Is Gonna Hurt

Lies Of The Beautiful People

Pray For Me

Accidents Can Happen

If you think I'm going to take the time to google machine DJ Ashba songs, you're sorely mistaken. :lol:

If you are this around the bend on the guy, don't you have to cash out?

I'm being serious. He's here and not going anywhere. If you are never going to get past the way he stands, the way he looks at the camera, the way he wears a hat...what are you doing here? Won't it make it impossible for you to enjoy anything? Look how many things start off with how much DJ annoys a person. Its become the focus.

Might be time to comparison shop on rock bands, no?

Listening to the first song RQ posted. Vocals suck so much ass :lol: but that doesn't matter for our purposes. Song is basic and palatable enough. I wouldn't mind hearing Axl fuck around with something like that. #nevergonnahappen

Life Is Beautiful

This Is Gonna Hurt

Lies Of The Beautiful People

Pray For Me

Accidents Can Happen

If you think I'm going to take the time to google machine DJ Ashba songs, you're sorely mistaken. :lol:

They're Nikki Sixx songs too, use that excuse to Google them :dj:

I would not particularly call any DJ song "good." Some of his songs in other bands are much like his solo spots in GN'R. They're not offensive only because he's playing his own material and not trying to play someone else's. Like magisme said, I could actually see Axl writing something pretty cool with DJ, but the chances of us actually hearing them are close to zero anyway.

Sixx Am and Motley are damn awful.

But I like Beautiful Creatures.

Actually, DJ wrote insane guitar parts in some Sixx AM songs, not much, only 3 songs.

Great Riff, bad song

Decent song, great guitar parts

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=this+is+gonna+hurt

Same

Obviously, in GNR, Dj needs to raise the bar.

Edited by Silent Jay

I see some people saying they exist. I'm doubtful, but I've chosen never to listen to Sixx AM or anything else he might have done outside of Guns.

Where they at? Posting the YouTube appreciated. :)

Just find yourself another band and stop being an idiot?

If you do not like Ashba, then fine. Targeted forum posts like this have always been anal, since the early 1990s; the people that post them are attention seekers.

Where does this thread go?

A bunch of people that already hate DJ Ashba all gang up on the few who try to honestly answer the question posted in this cupcake topic, and then the lynch mob all backslap each other and form a big echo chamber?

• Like 3

Where does this thread go?

A bunch of people that already hate DJ Ashba all gang up on the few who try to honestly answer the question posted in this cupcake topic, and then the lynch mob all backslap each other and form a big echo chamber?

Agreed. I see no value here.

You represent the middle ground with your presence on other forums