The Ten Biggest Classic Rock Douchebags

Zint

The problem with the article is, the writer seems to be mixing up his own musical subjectivity with, whether these people were/are 'arseholes' or not? That he is 'not a Beatles fan, or a Dylan fan' is irrelevant. Is this a list of artists he finds 'overated' or a list of 'arseholes - make up your mind?

This. The bellend clearly conflates a dislike of musician, the person with musician, the artist. Or vice versa. Obviously he only listens to music by good guys. Fuck that. I hate almost all my musical heroes as people. :lol:

John Bonham sexually assaulting a teenage girl with a fish is douchier than anything on that list, imo.
(she might have been a willing participant, but to want to do it in the first place)

Gary Glitter?

Jerry Lee Lewis marrying his 15 year old cousin?

(oh wait, I'm not sure which sub-category they get tossed into these days)

It's a very different world now but when you think about the drugs and debauchery on tap, shitloads of money and "god" status that the "classic rock" guys lived with it would be hard not get a big head and be a "douchebag".

I'm pretty sure if I had an endless supply of pharmaceutical cocaine, liquor, hash and easy women and nobody batted an eye when I subsisted on a steady diet of that for years on end ( barely ever being told NO) I might end up being a bit of a prick.

Blackmore's reputation is more about the man than the music, as far as the music goes - I don't think Deep Purple would have fared better with him in the mid 70s. Rainbow did a great run in the late 70s and early 80s, then did another decade in Deep Purple, they probably like having Steve Morse more.