Vote for GNR as the "band of the year 2014"

Because they're our favorite band.

But doesn't that negate or cloud the real meaning of the voting?

No album and they barely toured - why would they be the band of the year?

GnR is my favorite band of all time - and there isn't a close second.

But I think a band has to at least release an album to be considered the band of the year.

The poll isn't "who is your favorite band".........it's "Band of the year." Big difference.

You don't think other people vote for their favorite band simply because they're their favorites in these kinda polls? They do.

Besides no where is it stated that a band has to fulfill a certain amount of criterias in order to be voted for. People are free to vote for whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

That said, I voted for GN'R because they're the only band in the category that I like. They did release a dvd/blu ray this year, so while it's not an album it's still a release. That's reason enough for me to vote for them instead of for instance Metallica who I've always thought to be a horrible band.

1. I just think it's stupid when people vote for their "favorite" instead of which band actually had the best year. It invalidates the entire poll if too many people do that.

2. Correct. People can vote for whomever they want, for whatever reason they want. Winning or losing this "poll" really doesn't mean much at all. Winning just means a fan forum or two found your poll and took the time to vote. Kind of like when you get a new hair cut and everybody at the office says "Hey, got your hair cut. Looks great." Really just superficial bs that doesn't mean anything.

3. Good point. I had forgotten about the dvd.

4. Cool. Just another thing that you and I differ on. Just because I personally dislike a band doesn't preclude me from recognizing them if they are having a standout year - and conversely, I'll never just vote for somebody because they are a personal favorite of mine. Never understood people who have that mindset. But to each other own!

One more funny thing about this forum. I don't remember who the posters were. But it was some online poll and GnR was losing. A couple posters on here made snide comments that the winning band's fan-club must be voting multiple times and that was cheating. But then a few months later another poll on another site came up and the same people were on here telling other posters to go vote as many times as possible.

• Like 2

Well, many (if not most) fanbases have that mindset. You like to see your favorites do well and you love their work and so you vote for them so they get recognized for that work. I see it all the time online. Not saying whether it's right or wrong, just that it's happening constantly. It's why I vote anyways.

I don't know anything about the last thing you bring up about the cheating, so I can't comment on that. I only just started posting on here again some months ago after a two year break, so I'm guessing that must've happened while I was gone.

I also don't see these polls as something serious, but more just something fun for both the fans and the artists. If GN'R wins that's great, if they don't, oh well. It's just an online poll.

Based on the much better performances in Vegas and return of Duff I will vote for GNR. The Vegas shows were excellent. Particularly near the end with Prostitute, there was a time, yesterday's, and Axl bringing some rasp in. I gotta say I'm looking forward to the next GNR concert to see if the momentum gained in Vegas goes anywhere.

I have watched that Prostitute video so many times. It was an amazing performance from Axl. I really envy the people in the audience that night.

Definitely, Axl totally nailed it! I would have loved to hear that live

Because they're our favorite band.

But doesn't that negate or cloud the real meaning of the voting?

No album and they barely toured - why would they be the band of the year?

GnR is my favorite band of all time - and there isn't a close second.

But I think a band has to at least release an album to be considered the band of the year.

The poll isn't "who is your favorite band".........it's "Band of the year." Big difference.

You don't think other people vote for their favorite band simply because they're their favorites in these kinda polls? They do.

Besides no where is it stated that a band has to fulfill a certain amount of criterias in order to be voted for. People are free to vote for whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

That said, I voted for GN'R because they're the only band in the category that I like. They did release a dvd/blu ray this year, so while it's not an album it's still a release. That's reason enough for me to vote for them instead of for instance Metallica who I've always thought to be a horrible band.

1. I just think it's stupid when people vote for their "favorite" instead of which band actually had the best year. It invalidates the entire poll if too many people do that.

2. Correct. People can vote for whomever they want, for whatever reason they want. Winning or losing this "poll" really doesn't mean much at all. Winning just means a fan forum or two found your poll and took the time to vote. Kind of like when you get a new hair cut and everybody at the office says "Hey, got your hair cut. Looks great." Really just superficial bs that doesn't mean anything.

3. Good point. I had forgotten about the dvd.

4. Cool. Just another thing that you and I differ on. Just because I personally dislike a band doesn't preclude me from recognizing them if they are having a standout year - and conversely, I'll never just vote for somebody because they are a personal favorite of mine. Never understood people who have that mindset. But to each other own!

One more funny thing about this forum. I don't remember who the posters were. But it was some online poll and GnR was losing. A couple posters on here made snide comments that the winning band's fan-club must be voting multiple times and that was cheating. But then a few months later another poll on another site came up and the same people were on here telling other posters to go vote as many times as possible.

Agreed. All these polls become is, the GN'R fora vote for GN'R; the Metallica fora vote for their boys; the Sabbath forums vote for their chaps. It is just about mobilising numbers en masse. The whole thing is absurd. If GN’R have had a cacky year - which they certainly have had this year - then there is no way I am going to vote for them.

And where the hell is Crazy Horse (my pick)?

• Like 1

Why are people even bothers if sabbath exist ? Just crap boring music, only GNR and the black keys on that list make me wanna listen

lol black keys.

You can't even lol at sabbath they're that boring and shit

I don't like Sabbath either but boring and shit is the perfect definition for the black keys.

Why are people even bothers if sabbath exist ? Just crap boring music, only GNR and the black keys on that list make me wanna listen

lol black keys.

I don't like Sabbath either but boring and shit is the perfect definition for the black keys.

They're miles different live to what the albums are like, I had the unfortunate thing of seeing sabbath at a festival, spent all the time at the bar with a random girl

lol black keys.

They're miles different live to what the albums are like, I had the unfortunate thing of seeing sabbath at a festival, spent all the time at the bar with a random girl

Yeah, def not my cup of tea... If I went to a BS concert, I'd prefer to hang with girls too :) (I do like some of their songs, and Ozzy's solo career is badass).

lol black keys.

That you think one of the progenitors of an entire genre of music is boring says more about you than about their music. Curious what are your thoughts on a 25 year old single malt, or a '53 vette?

lol black keys.

That you think one of the progenitors of an entire genre of music is boring says more about you than about their music. Curious what are your thoughts on a 25 year old single malt, or a '53 vette?
Single malt, that's my kinda stuff. Now were talking but a vette is crap, most American cars are Edited by dando