[Bumblefoot] Little Brother Is Watching

Silent Jay

Radiohead in a list with GNR, U2, Rage and Faith No More? Please don't do that. One of those things is very much not like the others. :lol:

do you think Radiohead got better?

I think they fell down artistically after Kid A..got too fond of the sparse beats and Thom Yorke is starting to sound the same to me (like a sad cat)...bit like Bjork did.

All subjective sure

Edited by Intercourse

It's a bit crazy to think that Axl couldn't work with Bucket, Bumbl or Slash, all of who are now producing some of the best work of their careers

Slash's best work was in GN'R, by far.

And we don't know how much Buckethead material is in the vault.

Agreed. He hasn't done anything close to his worst GN'R song since leaving. Anastasia, Wicked Stone and every other bullshit song his blind fanboys worship don't even come close in the real world. Hell, Slash's solo shit is the worst solo shit of any former GN'R guitarist. Sad and somewhat confusing considering he was (in my honest opinion) the best guitarist in the world when he was in Guns.

Its hard to know what's right or wrong in this case. I think riff wise, he's still there but now has too much freedom which never seems to do anyone truly gifted any good. They always overkill everything with the flavour that made them special in the first place.

He may well be the Slash you used to love down there somewhere, just buried under years of being his own boss and answering to nobody artistically.

The list is long:

Axl, Radiohead/Thom Yorke, U2, Rage against the Machine, Faith No More...all pushing hard at the end of a particular career curve with diminishing quality of output and appreciation from fans

Many breakthrough artists keep pushing their mojo until it stops being special..

Hard to know how to manage that..

True. I'm sure that having money and being content has something to do with it too. I mean, what's a guy supposed to do when he's already rich and has nothing left to prove? I'd probably be the same way myself but due to lack of talent the world will never know.

The thing is many artists proclaim to be passionate about continuing to prove themselves but like you say, rich old dudes rarely get it right.

Let me join your "no talent" line and bring the "not rich either" fail to the party...

• Like 1

Radiohead in a list with GNR, U2, Rage and Faith No More? Please don't do that. One of those things is very much not like the others. :lol:

If you're saying new Guns is a joke compared to those bands then I agree. Considered a joke. Those bands did more then ride on their glory days jukebox and put out one album in 23 years losing 4 guitar players and 2 drummers cause reasons.

As Slash said: "No album is worth 10 years". Couldn't have said it better myself. An album is meant to be a snapshot of an artist at a specific point in his life. This is basic stuff. I can't believe Axl doesn't recognize the importance of making it organic.

Edited by Rovim

The lyrics for "Never again" look interesting...

Last verse...

To fight for what's right
To right all the wrongs
To say it in our songs
To know we belong
We slowly lose sight
Of what made us strong
The hardest thing to do
Is to let go of your guns

Edited by TheDoctorGnR
  • Like 1

The lyrics for "Never again" look interesting...

Last verse...

To fight for what's right

To right all the wrongs

To say it in our songs

To know we belong

We slowly lose sight

Of what made us strong

The hardest thing to do

Is to let go of your guns

Never again.

a good album from bumble and how argentina ended up being rejected is a joke and just goes to show how fucked up axl and co are.

Based on about this album, Bumblebee has zero originality in him

I'm glad that he is just moving on and Axl and co. is just moving on too....

if a new album ever surfaced my only concern is how much DJ's guitar work is allowed to ruin some songs...

It's a bit crazy to think that Axl couldn't work with Bucket, Bumbl or Slash, all of who are now producing some of the best work of their careers

Slash's best work was in GN'R, by far.

And we don't know how much Buckethead material is in the vault.

well 4tus said that they will use some ideas that roots back in the Slash days.... it would be extremely hilarious if Axl allowed a song that is rooted back to Slash in some way

So there's a slight chance that Slash ideas will feature on this album rather than BBF's horseshit

I think they fell down artistically after Kid A..got too fond of the sparse beats and Thom Yorke is starting to sound the same to me (like a sad cat)...bit like Bjork did.

All subjective sure

Amnesiac was a continuation of Kid A, and just as good imo. Hail to the Thief was a letdown. The Eraser was good for a solo album. In Rainbows is pretty much as good as anything they ever did. If nothing else, that album takes them out of this conversation for me. 20 years after OK Computer we get something as amazing as In Rainbows. Those other bands have no similar claim whatsoever imo. King of Limbs was a letdown. Yorke's new solo album is boring, a shittier version of The Eraser.

• Like 1

All subjective sure

Amnesiac was a continuation of Kid A, and just as good imo. Hail to the Thief was a letdown. The Eraser was good for a solo album. In Rainbows is pretty much as good as anything they ever did. If nothing else, that album takes them out of this conversation for me. 20 years after OK Computer we get something as amazing as In Rainbows. Those other bands have no similar claim whatsoever imo. King of Limbs was a letdown. Yorke's new solo album is boring, a shittier version of The Eraser.

Very fair evaluation of Radiohead's output, much of which I agree with and I am not for one second fucking with their legacy as one of the best & most original bands the UK has ever produced.

• Like 1

I heard that song "Argentina" today...

It is the most horrible thing I ever heard in a long time.... A Queen wanna be song that sounds like 80's worst heavy metal..... :vomit:

It sucks, omg, thanks lord that shit didn't make CD2.

Most of Chinese Democracy sound like a queen wanna be that sounds like 00' hard rock. and with Axl and the band working on the song, it sure has the potential to be great.

It is the most horrible thing I ever heard in a long time.... A Queen wanna be song that sounds like 80's worst heavy metal..... :vomit:

Most of Chinese Democracy sound like a queen wanna be that sounds like 00' hard rock. and with Axl and the band working on the song, it sure has the potential to be great.

The only song in CD with a Queen-esque air was "Catcher in The Rye" with Brian May on guitar. The version that made CD has very little reminiscence to Queen. So there.

BBF's "Argentina" is a major embarassment. Really sad he used the name of a beautiful country to entitle such a horrible song.

The only song in CD with a Queen-esque air was "Catcher in The Rye" with Brian May on guitar. The version that made CD has very little reminiscence to Queen. So there.

BBF's "Argentina" is a major embarassment. Really sad he used the name of a beautiful country to entitle such a horrible song.

so you think that a song like This I Love isn't totally a Queen-wannabe song? you've got a lot to learn then. most of the choruses, countless vocal lines, song progressions, etc - there are several Queen-inspired-wannabe moments on this album.

Oh, this isnt new, by the way. Axl tried to write his own Bohemian Rhapsody - he called it November Rain.

Then you have a Zep wannabe in Riad. I could go on and on but i made my point...

Edited by Bruno P.

so you think that a song like This I Love isn't totally a Queen-wannabe song? you've got a lot to learn then. most of the choruses, countless vocal lines, song progressions, etc - there are several Queen-inspired-wannabe moments on this album.

Oh, this isnt new, by the way. Axl tried to write his own Bohemian Rhapsody - he called it November Rain.

Then you have a Zep wannabe in Riad. I could go on and on but i made my point...

This I Love never reminded me of Queen. More like that Meatloaf guy kind of ballads.

I've got a lot to learn? Yeah, right.

I don't see comparison between Bohemian Rhapsody and November Rain. But if you think so, that's fine. Nov Rain is an amazing song and it comes nowhere near this horrid Argentina tune.

You can go on and on and on at your attempt of equating Guns N' Roses best songs to these shits pulled by Bumblefoot, but you will fail every time and I will LOL at it.

This I Love never reminded me of Queen. More like that Meatloaf guy kind of ballads.

I've got a lot to learn? Yeah, right.

I don't see comparison between Bohemian Rhapsody and November Rain. But if you think so, that's fine. Nov Rain is an amazing song and it comes nowhere near this horrid Argentina tune.

You can go on and on and on at your attempt of equating Guns N' Roses best songs to these shits pulled by Bumblefoot, but you will fail every time and I will LOL at it.

Because your opinion is absolute fact and no-one is allowed to have different taste...