Revolution - Russell Brand

Len Cnut

He is a beacon of hope in amongst the troglodytes thats infect our moribund culture today, if the rest of the world has intentions as good as his and acted, in whatever minuscule way upon them then maybe the world wouldn't be such a shitty place.

In this Jessie J, Kerry Katona, Pop Idol, Strictly Come Dancing, The Apprentice, bullshit twitter culture we live in today, the Russells of the world are more valuable than ever. It's refreshing to see someone a part of youth culture whoose articulate, well read and has a weight of intellect behind the things he says, it's SOOO refreshing that there is still room for that today in youth culture and i think it deserves having a light shone on it, it deserves propagation and proliferation.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

I can't fault what he's doing. He's saying things that you can't as a reasonably compassionate person disagree with. In lots of ways he's like the manic street preachers. People criticised them for putting ideas out there then challenged them saying so how are we gonna do it?? Well fuck you I write songs/jokes, I don't know how it's gonna happen, but it should. it's not personally down to me. Libraries gave us power, they got that off a sign on my local library in Newport.

• Like 1

I can't fault what he's doing. He's saying things that you can't as a reasonably compassionate person disagree with. In lots of ways he's like the manic street preachers. People criticised them for putting ideas out there then challenged them saying so how are we gonna do it?? Well fuck you I write songs/jokes, I don't know how it's gonna happen, but it should. it's not personally down to me. Libraries gave us power, they got that off a sign on my local library in Newport.

Thank you Spunks, you've nailed in a couple of sentences what i like about the bastard. Peoples criticism appears to be 'So...you reckon you're gonna change the world yeah?' when my whole thing about him, what i rate, is that he's got good intentions and he's working, in whatever way he can, in that direction, to those ends. Same thing with Lennon and bed peace, people were like it's stupid, it's a ridiculous idea to which John was like yeah, probably but this is just one way of doing it (putting the message across), our way that we thought of, if you don't like it you do it your way but do actually do it, y'know?

• Like 1

I can't believe that, in the framework of a political discussion i heard the words 'he's broken up with Katy Perry now so he's a NO-body'. Sorry, what did you just say there my dear, he's broken up wit...yeah, thats what i thought i heard, un-fuckin'-believable. This is something that i bemoan in our culture, they call it 'punch and judy politics', what we in the school playground used to call 'caning' someone, thats actually a political thing now, clearly we were honing valuable debating skills when we were shouting 'YOUR MUM IS CRAP IN BED!' at each other.

But if you think PMs question time is bad you should have a gander at the yanks, I've never seen anything like it in all my days, in the political arena, they LITERALLY have a go at people, like shout at them, it's like an interrogation and I'm not even exaggerating, they bark at people, quite frankly I couldn't handle that I'd just say be like, look, either talk to me like a human being, in a calm moderate tone or come over here and I'll give you a fuckin' slap, no amount of money is worth your human dignity to just go on a TV show to be shouted at.

It's puerile and childish and it's indicative of someone that doesn't have a point to make. But it's gotta fuckin' worry you, this is like the political standard, the template thats being dished out across the world, this is being presented to us as 'the way' to do things. People call our politics punch and judy, I'll have it all day long compared to what they have over there, speaking specifically about the broadly accepted protocols regarding how you conduct shit like this.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't get grilled cuz they should...but fuck me, if you ain't got a good enough command of the English language and the attendant powers of reasoning and debating skills then I'm sorry but who the fuck thought 'y'know what, sling him on the telly! Yeah, cuz just what kids need as a representative of our political system and the standards upon which our statesman conduct themselves is.....uh, Sean Hannity'.

Amusing that people who put so much stock in freedom of speech and the people they find to represent themselves on the telly and go on about freedom of speech dunno how to speak to a fuckin' human being to anyone that ain't stroking their cock.

Politically speaking, as a statesman, it don't matter if it's Saddam Hussein or Hitler or Tony Blair or Norman Tebbit or whoever the fuck sitting in front of you, it is reflective of your ability as a statesman that you don't flip out, that you don't throw something across the table and screaming 'YOU FUCKIN' SLAGS, COME ON THEN!!' :lol:

I mean what is a statesman, when its all said and done, what defines you in that regard, what values does one require to be a political correspodent or journalist? (if i may lump those all in the same category for a moment). The fundamentals of it is powers of reasoning, the fundamentals of it is not being emotionally reactive and instead engaging in exercises in which sober scrutiny is your objective. No one says you have to be impartial but you don't bellow at people, you are literally unqualified for that position if you can't keep a civil tongue, it's like a footballer with no feet or a boxer with a bladder problem, you just ain't qualified.

Edited by Len B'stard

But it's gotta fuckin' worry you, this is like the political standard, the template thats being dished out across the world, this is being presented to us as 'the way' to do things. People call our politics punch and judy, I'll have it all day long compared to what they have over there, speaking specifically about the broadly accepted protocols regarding how you conduct shit like this.

Some believe Nixon lost to JFK because he had a five o'clock shadow on one of their televised debates, and people didn't want a scruffy president (and was generally less charming and handsome than Kennedy).

Compare Hannity as a physical specimen:

sean-hannity.jpg

to Colmes, his now estranged liberal Democrat counterpart:

Alan-Colmes-Gets-Hate-Tweets-for-Calling

People have already made their mind up before either has spoken a word.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."