Female Fashion Thread

Snake-Pit

I'm too lazy to describe what I like, so here's some examples pulled from pinterest to illustrate some of the styles I tend to go for :P

52b959946da6c5372e44560f23e555cf.jpg

bb3b3acc1063fa678a071e90714a6eaf.jpg

5e983d97ae85913d73661380102dc9ae.jpg

10c295e5cda8567ec2d809d6c1fff21a.jpg

05c9af0a41cfd7dd0b18b778c27b9a93.jpg

b80ed17730c00051736c1b97c017aa11.jpg

Yes I will wear a leather jacket with almost anything :lol:

I couldnt fault a single one of those :)

The problem with women is they do not know how to dress anymore. This is how women should dress, (Jimmy is covering up a stiffy here),

Rearwindow_trailer_2.jpg

Now it is all jeans with tattooed backsides hanging out.

In fairness, men do not know how to dress either.[/quote

Fuck that, she wishes she could have Jimmy Stewart :lol:

Lol. Yeah, she was def having an off hair day.

(Funny thing is that woman sits in exactly the same spot every year to watch the fashion events. I just know I can go there and see what she's wearing and she will be right there. We always have a little chat, say hi, and then I move on. I like knowing she's always there.....as if she eternally sits there and changes her outfits regularly enough for me to see something different every time. Hahaha!)

• Like 1

This week has been just one huge fashion indulgence for me :D......from the races....to visiting the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition on display at the National Gallery here. This man is amazing, the exhibition was really comprehensive (I saw many of my favourite pieces that he has ever created) and the imagination that spews out of this man's brain is ASTONISHING!!!!!

He has been an ever present force in my life from the days when I first fell in love with fashion :

1991 when I made the closest replica I possibly could of Madonna's JPG pinstripe suit and pink satin bustier with suspenders and wore it to a gay dance party.

1993 when my then boyfriend bought me an original JPG dress complete with sheer mesh side panels and metal bra cups. :awesomeface: (I still have it of course)

2000 with his Haute Couture collection that just blew my mind and inspired me to leave my job in advertising and switch to fashion :drool: WHATEVER IT TOOK!!!!!

2003 (December 30) I saw the man himself at La Boqueria market in Barcelona!!!! My other half taps me on the shoulder and says "look over there...look who's there". I looked and saw him. I stopped dead still and my jaw literally dropped open. He looked up at me and smiled.....I was blinded and didn't move....next thing he was gone! :o

2006 I start working in couture with the determination to be the best I can be thanks to three letters........ J.P.G :wub:

Not only are his pieces hugely creative and ground breaking the technical execution is FUCKING INCREDIBLE! It doesn't get any better than this:

2ntldo2.jpg

207az5z.jpg

2ekm8lw.jpg

2rrrx2f.jpg

4qh6b5.jpg

11jw1dw.jpg

2nba5jb.jpg

2w3pdoj.jpg

Cate Blanchetts dresses for the Oscars (black) and the Golden Globes (blue)

qnrb5j.jpg

• Like 1

This week has been just one huge fashion indulgence for me :D......from the races....to visiting the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition on display at the National Gallery here. This man is amazing, the exhibition was really comprehensive (I saw many of my favourite pieces that he has ever created) and the imagination that spews out of this man's brain is ASTONISHING!!!!!

He has been an ever present force in my life from the days when I first fell in love with fashion :

1991 when I made the closest replica I possibly could of Madonna's JPG pinstripe suit and pink satin bustier with suspenders and wore it to a gay dance party.

1993 when my then boyfriend bought me an original JPG dress complete with sheer mesh side panels and metal bra cups. :awesomeface: (I still have it of course)

2000 with his Haute Couture collection that just blew my mind and inspired me to leave my job in advertising and switch to fashion :drool: WHATEVER IT TOOK!!!!!

2003 (December 30) I saw the man himself at La Boqueria market in Barcelona!!!! My other half taps me on the shoulder and says "look over there...look who's there". I looked and saw him. I stopped dead still and my jaw literally dropped open. He looked up at me and smiled.....I was blinded and didn't move....next thing he was gone! :o

2006 I start working in couture with the determination to be the best I can be thanks to three letters........ J.P.G :wub:

Not only are his pieces hugely creative and ground breaking the technical execution is FUCKING INCREDIBLE! It doesn't get any better than this:

2ntldo2.jpg

207az5z.jpg

2ekm8lw.jpg

2rrrx2f.jpg

4qh6b5.jpg

11jw1dw.jpg

2w3pdoj.jpg

Cate Blanchetts dresses for the Oscars (black) and the Golden Globes (blue)

qnrb5j.jpg

Apart from that one with gold windey looking things on it (which I've removed) those are all fucking fabulous!

The gold windey one's the king you insolent cunt.

Walking past the NGV most days seeing the advertisements for the Gaultier display, my first thought was "hmmm bet Kim will be jilling off to this ASAP when it rolls into town". And you did. Predictable. :lol:

So basically, you walk around the high streets of Oz thinking about my mate Kimberley jilling herself off? You foul Tamil pervert :lol:

• Like 1

Apart from that one with gold windey looking things on it (which I've removed) those are all fucking fabulous!

I get that you're not seeing the appeal of the gold one.......its basically a stylised version of the undergarments that women in the 18th century wore to hold their skirts out.....they're called panniers. I love the way that JPG reinterprets the clothing of his culture....from the the historical clothing from the French Revolution (the corsets, panniers, etc) to the Breton striped shirts that the fisherman have worn for years. He's so faithful and reverent of the history of clothing and particularly French clothing. I think it's what makes his clothing art and puts him on the level of artist, not just fashion designer. :)

2qban7l.jpg

2uhu9li.jpg

qsv33q.jpg

And I'd like to add that the yellow tartan dress was out of this WORLD!!!! The construction on that thing was phenomenal! Every check matched perfectly and there wasn't a single ripple or saggy bit given that the checks were placed diagonally across the body. And he inside of the pleats was contrasted with another tartan which was so stunningly beautiful......I really really want it!!!! :awesomeface:

29m5fcz.jpg

2h86a80.jpg

And this crocodile corset was breathtaking......I remember seeing a documentary in which this corset was made. It's real crocodile skin and basically it was cut up into tiny pieces around each of the 'scales' and reassembled in the shape of the female form so it actually looks like the skin is the woman's own. It was one of the most perfect, most flawless things I've ever seen. Each side was perfectly symmetrical :o

2nqxyit.jpg

The gold windey one's the king you insolent cunt.

Walking past the NGV most days seeing the advertisements for the Gaultier display, my first thought was "hmmm bet Kim will be jilling off to this ASAP when it rolls into town". And you did. Predictable. :lol:

So basically, you walk around the high streets of Oz thinking about my mate Kimberley jilling herself off? You foul Tamil pervert :lol:
Well she is our resident fashionista so I think it was in the figurative sense, no? :lol:

• 5 months later...

Told a friend recently I wanted to wear the Axl Rose November Rain jacket at her wedding, she sent me a link to this today saying I was SO ahead of the trend:

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/apr/03/what-wore-this-week-band-jacket

What I wore this week: a band jacket

‘This season, the band jacket has gone all democratic. You don’t have to find one in a vintage shop in LA, because you can buy this one in Zara, or find one in H&M’

40741942-2b50-477c-8874-1db9ad36c4ec-717