Some CD love emerging...!?

I was on closing duty at the restaurant I work at tonight, and I had my phone's music on shuffle. The CD title track came on.

Needless to say, we didn't end up closing until 2 am, because the other two closers immediately demanded I play the entire album and we spent the next 3 hours listening to it on repeat and busting into choreographed dance in the abandoned kitchen. If someone had filmed it, it would've made a great indie music video.

Edited by bacardimayne
  • Like 2

I guess that thing started on Estranged and Nov Rain where Axl wants each note perfect. He carried that on to every track on CD maybe. But it's more apperent on about half of it. SOD seems like the pinnacle of it. Dense, textured layers. Pro tools must be a nightmare for Axl.

But you know I believe this is where the art lies. The first draft always sucks. And it takes a self loathing narcissist to really keep going back to the music and saying no it sucks do it again. As much as it pains me to wait I believe it's worth it. It's probably painful process, so I appreciate it. Just because the industry and fans want something I feel like follow the artist not the money.

I guess that thing started on Estranged and Nov Rain where Axl wants each note perfect. He carried that on to every track on CD maybe. But it's more apperent on about half of it. SOD seems like the pinnacle of it. Dense, textured layers. Pro tools must be a nightmare for Axl.

But you know I believe this is where the art lies. The first draft always sucks. And it takes a self loathing narcissist to really keep going back to the music and saying no it sucks do it again. As much as it pains me to wait I believe it's worth it. It's probably painful process, so I appreciate it. Just because the industry and fans want something I feel like follow the artist not the money.

• Like 1

I was on closing duty at the restaurant I work at tonight, and I had my phone's music on shuffle. The CD title track came on.

Needless to say, we didn't end up closing until 2 am, because the other two closers immediately demanded I play the entire album and we spent the next 3 hours listening to it on repeat and busting into choreographed dance in the abandoned kitchen. If someone had filmed it, it would've made a great indie music video.

Did people start dancing right away? I mean, did they know it was a party as soon as they heard the Chinese voices and sirens. Axl went back to that intro so many times to achieve the appropriate complexity and perfection. I hate to think that your fellow workers didn't see the genius until the Rock You Like a Hurricane intro riff.

Fred Durst may as well

You live in a town full of people with no taste. The latest Gilby is where it is at - you know that?

That's how I see it too. Except...CD ll is done. The process of creating it is over. It should have been released already, or at the very least, Axl should have given us a real update about it. That's kinda off topic though.

That's how I see it too. Except...CD ll is done. The process of creating it is over. It should have been released already, or at the very least, Axl should have given us a real update about it. That's kinda off topic though.

Seems its been done. Axl takes it so serious that there's no way they could go back into the studio and finish before 2040. It would be a whole new project. So I'm happy it's been done.

For a while I thought it could be a speaker box love below double. Like a more GNR record CD, then some crazy off the wall stuff like Silkworms.

But seems it more just a heavier CD. So it's more a UYI set of 2. But this time not making the simultaneous release mistake.

Seems its been done. Axl takes it so serious that there's no way they could go back into the studio and finish before 2040. It would be a whole new project. So I'm happy it's been done.

For a while I thought it could be a speaker box love below double. Like a more GNR record CD, then some crazy off the wall stuff like Silkworms.

But seems it more just a heavier CD. So it's more a UYI set of 2. But this time not making the simultaneous release mistake.

Maybe it was a mistake. Could have sat on half of the Illusions for years, and it would have probably felt different as a fan. Drip drip drip.

94 they could have put out UYI II and kicked on the touring. Even added some Spag songs to II. Tour finishes 97 or so. Then it's only a few years until 2000.

This time Axl held back CD II and then Remix is like the new TSI.

CD II 2016.

Remix 2020.

94 they could have put out UYI II and kicked on the touring. Even added some Spag songs to II. Tour finishes 97 or so. Then it's only a few years until 2000.

CD II 2016.

Remix 2020.

And this time, my guess is there is much more material to choose from and release. Fortus said to a fan him and DJ worked on songs together, DJ said he wrote 12 songs Axl liked. There are also rumors of 40 to 50 Chinese era songs in the vault.

I'm not an optimistic person. I only expect Axl to release what he talked about recently: CD ll, and the remixed Chinese, but I feel like there is a chance for more in the distant future.

Edited by Rovim

CD II 2016.

Remix 2020.

Did people start dancing right away? I mean, did they know it was a party as soon as they heard the Chinese voices and sirens. Axl went back to that intro so many times to achieve the appropriate complexity and perfection. I hate to think that your fellow workers didn't see the genius until the Rock You Like a Hurricane intro riff.

I've read that when some radio DJs debuted that song, they could be heard talking over the long ambient intro and wondering if they put on the wrong disc or if there was a technical problem.

Imagine that: all this wait, all this time, all this throwing out Slash and bringing in Paul fucking Tobias instead--- and then you're greeted with forty five minutes of wind blowing and fake Chinese voices, then a shitty simple riff that any beginner guitarist could have created, then segueing into wheedly whee shit solos and atonal noise, with lyrics like "sitting in a Chinese stew."

Yeah, Axl, that'll do it. Sitting in a fucking CHINESE STEW. That's one for the ages.

• Like 2

I've read that when some radio DJs debuted that song, they could be heard talking over the long ambient intro and wondering if they put on the wrong disc or if there was a technical problem.

Imagine that: all this wait, all this time, all this throwing out Slash and bringing in Paul fucking Tobias instead--- and then you're greeted with forty five minutes of wind blowing and fake Chinese voices, then a shitty simple riff that any beginner guitarist could have created, then segueing into wheedly whee shit solos and atonal noise, with lyrics like "sitting in a Chinese stew."

Yeah, Axl, that'll do it. Sitting in a fucking CHINESE STEW. That's one for the ages.

Genius lyrics. Evolution of the GNR sound. Record is too complex and will be appreciated more in 15-20 years only by people who have broken up with someone.

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

only by people who have broken up with someone.

:rofl-lol:

I've been heartbroken a few times since 2008. I actually thought CD was worse during those times. Hearing Axl bitch all over the record made me fear I'd turn into a complete pussy and still be crying in 20 years.

• Like 1

Genius lyrics. Evolution of the GNR sound. Record is too complex and will be appreciated more in 15-20 years only by people who have broken up with someone.

:rofl-lol:

I'll make sure I have broken up with someone by the end of 2029, then I'll give that shit record another spin. Maybe my life is currently too overwhelmed with happiness for me to understand cry baby still bitter heartbroken Axl Rose lyrics and music.

• Like 1

When I'm going through a particularly hard time, I crank Chinese Democracy and really get a lot of comfort from that amazing, timeless lyric:

"Cause it would take a lot more time than you

I've got more masturbation"

It's just so universal, so meaningful. Then comes in that total shit solo, which makes it genius. When a solo is shit, it's genius. If it's good, then Slash did it, and it was just for money.