Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

ssiscool

okay.. i was back a few weeks, but i finished watching through Extreme Rules... God Damn i don't understand why they are pushing Reigns so much. NO ONE (besides kids and women) like this dude and you can hear it every time he walks out. I fucking fear for announce tables every time he walks out because one of them is going to be broken before the end of the night. Its like his stick stupid signature because the Shield did it. He is quite literally the ex girlfriend that cant move on, but in this case, cant be written better. And most people have forgotten that the Shield even existed because no one talks about it anymore. Like seriously this man has NOTHING going for him except his sex appeal. Every time he talks it sounds like a slow moving train heading right toward its unfortunate demise. 

And now what does A.J. Styles do since Rollins is back? Is WWE's biggest acquisition this year just going to be thrown to the mid-card after fighting for the title? wtf!? Speaking of Rollins, the man is one of the best Heels of the P.G. Era/"New" Era, and people are so fed up with the shit WWE has given them in the past year that the biggest heel in the company is now being cheered as if he just beat the living fuck out of Vince in the middle of the ring! Ive now resorted to looking forward to when the New Day comes out, because i find that shit to be absolutely hilarious. That time machine bit that they did where Kofi came out and made fun of his own character for completely just loosing his accent one day:lol:

Im also loving Rollins new shirt! Giving a nod to one of the greatest hardcore bands of all time 7seconds

Edited by KeyserSoze

What's worse than Brand Only PPVs? The all new rumored 2 brand exclusive PPVs a month. 

...And with 2 world championships, if you ever felt a guy like Sheamus was under utilized... then good news for you then! This means we have a much greater chance now of seeing the likes of Sheamus headling PPVs against Big Show, Kane, Dolph Ziggler!, Chris Jericho and maybe even Big Cass (who'll probably be a single's wrestler post draft) ect.

This will no doubt improve our chances of seeing Goldust and R-Truth on PPV as well.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

WWE Cruiserweight Classic line-up announced.

1. Kota Ibushi
2. Tajiri
3. Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada)
4. Zack Sabre, Jr.
5. Noam Dar
6. Da Mack
7. Zumbi
8. Clement Petiot
9. Harv Sihra
10. Gurv Sihra
11. Fabian Aichner
12. Brian Kendrick
13. Rich Swann
14. Cedric Alexander
15. Akira Tozawa
16. Jack Gallagher
17. Tony Nese
18. Johnny Gargano
19. Tommaso Ciampa
20. Ho Ho Lun
21. TJ Perkins
22. Drew Gulak
23. Anthony Bennett
24. Tyson Dux
25. Lince Dorado
26. Sean Malura
27. Raul Mendoza
28. Kenneth Johnson
29. Alejandro Saez
30. Damien Slater
31. Ariya Daivari
32. Jason Lee

Surprised their's no La Sombra (nope I'm not calling him by whatever his NXT name is) since it was rumored a while back that the whole point of this tournament was to put him over. That said, they've probably roided him so much since they signed up... that he can't pass for a Cruiser weight.

Fingers crossed that an Ibushi/Sabre match is your semi final if not final. I'm not counting on it.

Edited by AtariLegend

53 minutes ago, Conor said:

Tajiri hype.

I imagine someone seen BOTSJ with it all going over their head and thought, who can we can get to fill a spot that's small and Japaneses?

I have nothing against Tajiri, but he's synonymous as being a WWE enhancement talent. I know he worked for ECW, but I can't remember the great Tajiri matches from years gone by.

13 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I imagine someone seen BOTSJ with it all going over their head and thought, who can we can get to fill a spot that's small and Japaneses?

I have nothing against Tajiri, but he's synonymous as being a WWE enhancement talent. I know he worked for ECW, but I can't remember the great Tajiri matches from years gone by.

Tajiri-Super-Crazy-gifs-001_001.gif

On 6/13/2016 at 0:10 AM, AtariLegend said:

WWE Cruiserweight Classic line-up announced.

1. Kota Ibushi
2. Tajiri
3. Gran Metalik (Mascara Dorada)
4. Zack Sabre, Jr.
5. Noam Dar
6. Da Mack
7. Zumbi
8. Clement Petiot
9. Harv Sihra
10. Gurv Sihra
11. Fabian Aichner
12. Brian Kendrick
13. Rich Swann
14. Cedric Alexander
15. Akira Tozawa
16. Jack Gallagher
17. Tony Nese
18. Johnny Gargano
19. Tommaso Ciampa
20. Ho Ho Lun
21. TJ Perkins
22. Drew Gulak
23. Anthony Bennett
24. Tyson Dux
25. Lince Dorado
26. Sean Malura
27. Raul Mendoza
28. Kenneth Johnson
29. Alejandro Saez
30. Damien Slater
31. Ariya Daivari
32. Jason Lee

Surprised their's no La Sombra (nope I'm not calling him by whatever his NXT name is) since it was rumored a while back that the whole point of this tournament was to put him over. That said, they've probably roided him so much since they signed up... that he can't pass for a Cruiser weight.

Fingers crossed that an Ibushi/Sabre match is your semi final if not final. I'm not counting on it.

Noam Dar for the win!

No TNA geek will be winning it :P.

Supposedly they had Nakamura vs. Roode in Dublin last night, but the story is... Nakamura was supposedly more over than Devitt (despite Devitt being over big time). 

I like Devitt, alot of his best work was against Ibushi. That said, it's good that Nakamura's still over big time... despite essentially only doing squash matches every week on tv.

Edited by AtariLegend

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

No TNA geek will be winning it :P.

Supposedly they had Nakamura vs. Roode in Dublin last night, but the story is... Nakamura was supposedly more over than Devitt (despite Devitt being over big time). 

I like Devitt, alot of his best work was against Ibushi. That said, it's good that Nakamura's still over big time... despite essentially only doing squash matches every week on tv.

I don't think Noam Dar qualifies as being "from" TNA, if anything he is "from" ICW

30 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Balor/Nakamura sells itself. They hardly have to hype it.

Love that an unhyped NXT Dream match with Nakamura is now the unofficial call-up trigger, first Zayn and now Finn.

Crazy idea that I'd love: they made a whole thing out of AJ not having Gallows and Anderson at MITB. What if Balor comes out, looks like he'll help AJ, turns on him, Cenawinslol, and we get AJ/Balor at Summerslam? Let's WWE put Cena over AJ, let's AJ still look strong, and sets up the Club leadership feud?

I know that's too fast and they should let it build more gradually - but that's exactly why I feel like WWE might do it :P

3 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

I like AJ, but his promo sounded like sour grapes. "If I'd been here 15 years ago, you wouldn't be."

He's the heel. That's the point. Cena explicitly called him out for whining like "all of the other indie darlings." The point was both to get heat on AJ and to move the segment toward the conclusion: AJ can't complain that he hasn't had the opportunity because he has it now, and to prove himself, he has to do it without the Club. 

So basically yeah, you're right, it did sound like sour grapes. 

10 hours ago, axlslash said:

The entire LUG show last night was one long 6-person elimination match, and it was goddamn magnificent. Even without Puma, Cage, or Rey, it was a captivating match. Can't wait for Ultima 2. 

Whenever Pentagon and Fenix are in the ring together magic happens ;)

did you realise that they are brothers IRL?

f3T0LO9.gif

5 hours ago, sturginho said:

Whenever Pentagon and Fenix are in the ring together magic happens ;)

did you realise that they are brothers IRL?

f3T0LO9.gif

I had no idea! I knew that their identities outside the ring are secret, didn't realize we knew that much. Explains the chemistry though.