DJ Ashba: Betcha Can't Play This

KeyserSoze

16 hours ago, T-Minus said:

What a pile of shite.  ANY professional player could play that but wouldn't want to.  Full of stupid pick scrapes and short cuts to make it sound "impressive".  So glad this "guy" is out of my life...

This.

20 million effects, active pickups, all finger tapping (barely any pinky). There's absolutely nothing special about this, it's insulting tbh.

• Like 3

He's shit. Someone who's been playing guitar for ten minutes and has a wah pedal can mask the same shitty playing and make it sound impressive. I do think DJ is a decent song and riff writer but his playing is just awful.

His explanation is terrible too. All he had to say was "I don't know what I'm doing so I hide behind cranked gain and wah effects. Do you like me yet?"

• Like 2

I've been playing guitar for over 20 years and I've got no idea how to play that, so yeah I can't play this. But really, the reason is because I find stuff like this incredibly pointless. It doesn't fit in any song, so what's the point other than to make noise? I don't get it. Not with Ashba, nor with other players who do stuff like this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

fuck, you made me listen to the Botnus riff again, now i can get it out of my head.. again..

That old instructional video had the riff as one of the "figures", I can't remember if he ever did any more demonstrations like that

• Like 1