Forum banner redesign?

6lake sa66ath

To the mods,

i know it was redesigned recently, but I'm wondering why the decision was made to go with the clear reference to the nuGNR logo when by all evidence GNR16 officially is going with the old shield logo for all promo. 

So my question/request: can we please see a new redesign in time for the upcoming tour which focuses on the classic logo and not the nuGNR era which a lot of us are happy to move away from all together!

cheers

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

To the mods,

i know it was redesigned recently, but I'm wondering why the decision was made to go with the clear reference to the nuGNR logo when by all evidence GNR16 officially is going with the old shield logo for all promo. 

So my question/request: can we please see a new redesign in time for the upcoming tour which focuses on the classic logo and not the nuGNR era which a lot of us are happy to move away from all together!

cheers

It wasn't redesigned as such. Bumblefeet, who won the previous contest did a quick update to reflect what we knew about the line up at the beginning of the year.

After Vegas we are planning on having another contest for a new banner, we've just been holding off to see 100% confirmation of who is involved plus there is too much going on as now to give this total focus but I expect it to happen in a week or two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As far as I know, there are no plans to change the forum's logo anytime soon (or at all) - even though it does have that "newGNR" styling to it. The band is still using this logo at shows so it's not like it's been dropped altogether.

The banner itself will periodically be updated as always, but as above - it's probably best to wait until they've played a show where Axl isn't seated and we have better photos. :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

If I had the skills then yes, but I'm not savvy enough. 

Werent you gonna run another contest?

I don't want to speak for @downzy, so he may correct me on some of this but here's where I think we're at:

Running a contest is kind of a catch 22 right now for a couple of reasons mostly due to the prizes we could offer: 1) GN'R is only on tour in the US, with Axl to return to AC/DC and tour the US more after that. 2) I believe pretty much every user who wants tickets to GN'R and/or Axl/DC already has them. Running a contest with tickets for a prize probably wouldn't work for those reasons. We'd be alienating users from every country but one and even in that one country, most people are already set for tickets. We could possibly look into other prizes perhaps, but I'm not sure what the userbase would be interested in. Offering Nightrain memberships seems about useless, at least at the present time. Offering GN'R merch is also a problem because they seem to be taking far longer than they should to ship anything. I would assume everyone already owns all of GN'Rs albums and most people don't care to own the A4D DVD/Blu-Ray, so all of that is out.  

Having said that; I'm in the same boat as you. I do not possess the skills to make a decent or even halfway good banner, otherwise I would have just done it for the site already. There are a TON of kick ass pictures from the shows so far and we're only 2 shows in. I'm certain whomever wanted to make a banner wouldn't be short on material to use. It's more of a matter of skill than anything which I have none of :lol:

• Like 1

We'll be doing something, but it's not a top priority right now.  In all likelihood you'll log-on to MYGNR and find a new banner without much fanfare.  My apologies for being anti-climatic about it but with everything that's going on and with the staff living busy lives it's just not a priority right now.  Also note that while a banner may change, the logo will not be changing any time soon.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The logo should be updated with one that has more of a classic feel, the band is using "classic GnR art style" for everything, even for the Nightrain things, and also the banner should be updated with Melissa, having Pitman there makes me cringe haha, no disrespect to @Bumblefeet of course, its clear that he has awesome skills for this, its just that the logo and banner for this times doesnt fit 100%, it fits for 2014 but not for 2016, nugnr is gone and all of that ChiDem art style, maybe Bumblefeet himself can make some minor/fast updates to make it more adequate to what GnR is going through right now.

• Like 1

I would be willing to finally replace Pitman with Melissa as I got that wrong on the last makeover :D but I currently have my stuff in storage awaiting a move to a new place. I'll see if I can have some time left to get that done at least but as for a makeover of the current banner to reflect the current tour; perhaps a new contest would be welcome?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...