Petition To Axl : Play Slither Live

3 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I'd rather hear Fall to Pieces, which in its initial stages was actually intended to be a G N' R song....the riff was written by Slash while he was still in G N' R and was supposedly one of the last melodies Axl had heard Slash make before they stopped speaking.....so a lot of history behind that song.

Agreed.

I think Axl would do a killer job on both Slither and Fall To Pieces. 

But, it might be too soon after Scott's death to do this - unless it's a tribute to Scott. 

3 hours ago, donny said:

the last GNR concert i went to was london 2012. they played whole lotta rosie and everyone knew the song, everyone knew the words and everyone sang along and the place was rocking. if they play a VR song there will be many people asking the person next to them "whats this ?" 

"ah man this new song sounds awesome...but its very 2004-ish"

Edited by -W.A.R-

39 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Just wondering, who is going to make sure this petition somehow gets into Axl's hands? :axl:

what makes you think axl doesnt check this forum every few days to see whats being said ? dexter aint logged on for a few years but he can read the threads without logging in 

I think they should do a VR song. It would be cool. Better than The Seeker. Slither is a decent and maybe the obvious choice. 

4 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I'd rather hear Fall to Pieces, which in its initial stages was actually intended to be a G N' R song....the riff was written by Slash while he was still in G N' R and was supposedly one of the last melodies Axl had heard Slash make before they stopped speaking.....so a lot of history behind that song.

I could do without them playing arguably one of the worst songs in the history of music. 

28 minutes ago, chevelle said:

It'd be cool to hear, but I think it might be weird for Slash and Duff considering Scott hasn't even been dead six months yet. Having another singer already doing his songs as part of a standard set seems a little...off putting.

If they did it as a dedication to Scott I think it could be a nice tribute. Like Slash did for Lenmmy.  I really could see the crowd absolutely loving it.    But considering Scott had called Axl a fat botoxed wig wearing fuck, it might not come off as sincere.  But hey, there was a lot of shit said between Axl and Slash over the years and look at them now!  Certainy Scott could be forgiven, all things considered.  

this is not happening, forget about it

i am sure slash would never ask Axl to sing a VR song or a solo song from any of his albums

i am also sure that axl would never sing a song written by Scott Weiland or Miles Kennedy -- specially in a GNR show

you guys seem to know very little about axl and slash to start such a petition

Well, a few folk seem pretty certain that this would never happen, or would be inappropriate due to Scott's fairly recent death. To that, I say it would be a really nice tribute. 

To the others saying there are enough cover versions..... seriously? Slither wouldn't be a cover version like Live and Let Die, The Seeker, etc. Slash was involved in writing the fucking thing. 

And to everyone bickering about it should be this song, or that song....? I chose Slither : a) because its a great song ; b) it would suit Axl's voice ; c) it was a high profile, grammy award winning song, so a lot of casual fans know it already. If we all start bickering and whining about different songs, then it would just be counter-productive.

I get the feeling Axl is still on here from time to time - so maybe he'll see this? 

For those giving reasons as to why Slash wouldn't ask Axl to sing one of his songs or that Axl wouldn't agree to it....

Slash plays Chinese songs....so what's the difference? Why would Axl ask Slash to play those? Or why would Slash agree to play those songs? 

Just now, SweetRose said:

For those giving reasons as to why Slash wouldn't ask Axl to sing one of his songs or that Axl wouldn't agree to it....

Slash plays Chinese songs....so what's the difference? Why would Axl ask Slash to play those? Or why would Slash agree to play those songs? 

The difference is Axl is Axl.  It's inconceivable think that he would even consider such a thing.

46 minutes ago, SweetRose said:

Or why would Slash agree to play those songs?

this might be news to you but chinese democracy is a guns n roses album, slash has signed a mega bucks contract to rejoin guns n roses. as the lead guitarist of the band he will be expected to play guns n roses songs on the tour. thats why he's playing those songs. any work he has done either solo or with other bands in the past that where not written or recorded by guns n roses has got nothing to do with this tour. 

4 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Where does it stop though, does each member get to play a solo gig song?  Or just Slash cause he is Slash ?

what do you mean where does it stop? Replace The Seeker with a VR song which both Slash and Duff were a part of. Done. You make it sound like it opens up the flood gates to have 8 different songs by 8 different bands be included. Playing one VR song isn't going to hurt the setlist or be a big problem. They played The Seeker for crying out loud. Pretty sure the majority of the fanbase would prefer to hear Axl blast his vocals over Slither than The Seeker. 

I laugh at all you people using the "This is GnR, not VR" argument. If that's the case how the fuck did songs by Bob Dylan, The Who, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton and Wings get into the setlist. A song by VR would be a cover song people. It wouldn't be passed off as a GnR and those of you whining that a VR song is taking up space where another GnR song could be featured really need to start a thread bitching about all the space wasting songs I just mentioned if you're really that adament about ONLY GnR songs being played. Otherwise accept the fact that a VR song would appeal to a very large portion of the Guns N Roses fan base. Much more so than the fucking Seeker. 

• Like 2

I had a cold medicine-induced dream last night that Axl sang "Rainy Days and Mondays" while the rest of the band was snorting coke. All of them were playing in a straight line behind a press conference-like table.

So Axl, if you're reading this...

30 minutes ago, The Macaroni Incident? said:

If CD songs are on the table, it's only fair VR songs should be too. VR was 3/5th GNR. Who wouldn't want to hear Axl's take on those songs?

fair on who ? slash,duff and matt ? they had beef with axl back then and that was their project, nothing to do with axl. and matt is probably cheesed off about having nothing to do with the reunion, for all you know they might hate the thought of axl singing VR songs.