Petition To Axl : Play Slither Live

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Are you really comparing comparing Matt Sorum to Slash & Duff?

im just making the point that if you join a band or rejoin a band after time away from it then you will have to play that bands songs. saying slash and duff shouldnt have to play songs recorded while they where not members is like saying ronnie wood shouldnt have to play any stones songs recorded before 1975. 

but it's somehow a crime to expect a VR song being played

not a crime. if you read the whole thread instead of jumping in on the last page with a negative comment you will see that im up for them to drop KOHD and LALD from the set and replace them with new cover songs, a VR song or any other cover song would be a welcome change after hearing the same 2 for 25 years. whats winding me up is people saying axl has got to sing VR songs because he owes slash and duff a favour, he owes them nothing.

less Chinese stuff

its the second best GNR album released and they've only played 2. they play more cover songs than songs from CD, how much less do you want ?

5 minutes ago, donny said:

im just making the point that if you join a band or rejoin a band after time away from it then you will have to play that bands songs. saying slash and duff shouldnt have to play songs recorded while they where not members is like saying ronnie wood shouldnt have to play any stones songs recorded before 1975. 

How many Dio songs was Ozzy playing during the Sabbath reunion? Nihil. Same with Hager songs by Van Halen 2015.

4 minutes ago, donny said:

Being hired by a band is not the same as rejoining YOUR band. If Slash accepted Axl's condition that he'd have to play Chinese stuff, that's fine but Axl can't make him play a setlist with 8 Chinese Democracy songs on it while he could do whatever the fuck he wanted before.

not a crime. if you read the whole thread instead of jumping in on the last page with a negative comment you will see that im up for them to drop KOHD and LALD from the set and replace them with new cover songs, a VR song or any other cover song would be a welcome change after hearing the same 2 for 25 years. whats winding me up is people saying axl has got to sing VR songs because he owes slash and duff a favour, he owes them nothing.

That wasn't directed at you. In fact, I agree with you that Axl doesn't owe them anything and there is no obligation to play VR stuff. And again, I hope it won't happen, or at least not regularly.

its the second best GNR album released and they've only played 2. they play more cover songs than songs from CD, how much less do you want ?

That "second best GNR album" is your opinion. I respect it but I don't think I'm the only one who considers both Illusions better than CD.

But even if Chinese was better than Appetite, that album is Axl's baby and Guns N' Roses is selling this tour as the Axl-Slash-Duff tour so it makes more sense if they play basically the stuff that the 3 of them released together. Otherwise, they shouldn't put that much focus on Slash and Duff's returns while absolutely ignoring Richard, Dizzy, Melissa and Ferrer.

They played Chi Dem, Better and This I Love, so that makes 3 songs. If I could chose, I would drop all the covers (except the one Duff sings) and would leave 1 or 2 CD songs, favoring the Appetite/Illusions stuff. I would definitely take a CD song (almost any of them) over fn' LALD or KOHD, though, hands down.

There are plenty of Guns N' Roses songs, including more off of Chinese Democracy, that I'd love to see this line up include in the set list before anything by VR.

Having said that, if they were gonna do a VR song I'd rather them do Fall To Pieces over Slither. I think Axl would sing the hell out of it and it would be a great tribute to Scott along with a great acknowledgement of the success Duff & Slash had while they out of GN'R.

8 hours ago, Ant said:

I think Beggars and Hangers on is less "political" and would be killer.

any excuse for some slide...

Beggars And Hangers-On has a colossal, massive riff that surpasses everything Axl has released since REAL Guns N' Roses broke up.

I would love to hear Axl's take on it.  It's just a truly great song.