Am I the only GNR fan that has zero interest in AC/DC?

Towelie

Do you like AC/DC and how do you feel about Axl being in the band?  

179 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like a couple of AC/DC songs but not a fan, don't own any of their albums. I have an interest in all things Axl, so I've been keeping up with this tour & he's killing it, maybe even making some AC/DC songs more tolerable for me lol Hoping after these dates and the N.America ones are done, he's 100% GN'R.

2 hours ago, Asia said:

Axl should be rehearsing with Guns and preparing for the tour for quite a time now. But he still drags his ass around Europe not even giving one thought to the tour that is just about to begin and still adding shows . Once he finishes the ACDC shit to which he has given all he had in him, we're gonna be left with a half dead, tired, voiceless and disinterested Axl dreaming of going home and getting a  rest and a vocal coach to prepare for September with ACDC. And the tour will be cancelled half way through for whatever reason.  That's what I'm afraid might happen. 

Let's say you're right about everything except the tour cancellation (Because, let's be honest - he would never be able to live down canceling the reunion tour). What are you gonna say when Axl is in the zone again for AC/DC in the US? It surely won't be from being rejuvenated; he has 4 days between the last GN'R show and the first AC/DC show. If Axl blows chunks on the GN'R tour, there are only two scenarios; either it becomes 100% clear he doesn't give a fuck about GN'R, or he blows it with AC/DC in the US also. But let's stay positive, I don't see either of those scenarios happening, because I don't see him sucking on the GN'R tour.

• Like 2

Axls voice so far is getting better and better, he had a minor dip in form for a couple of shows, because he was clearly sick. Not that it was really noticable. I really don't think Axl is going to blow anything for either band. Both will get 100%. Im sure the cry babies will find something to pick at when he returns, but that's more their problem, there's no way Axl won't give as much for guns. 

Maybe there will be one or two nights when he's a bit off it, he will have them ACDC or not, that's just the way it is for a singer.  Axl already rehearsed with GNR and he's been maintaining his voice with ACDC, and also gaining some much needed respect and credibility too.People talking at Download festival are absolutely wanting guns to headline next year, and look at all the good reviews he's been getting. 

I dont know how anyone can sit in a corner and sulk about this.

Think of all those ACDC fans Axl has saved from losing money on flights and hotels whilst giving them a fucking awesome show. 

Slash and Duff don't mind, it's all good for GNR. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axls voice so far is getting better and better, he had a minor dip in form for a couple of shows, because he was clearly sick. Not that it was really noticable. I really don't think Axl is going to blow anything for either band. Both will get 100%. Im sure the cry babies will find something to pick at when he returns, but that's more their problem, there's no way Axl won't give as much for guns. 

Maybe there will be one or two nights when he's a bit off it, he will have them ACDC or not, that's just the way it is for a singer.  Axl already rehearsed with GNR and he's been maintaining his voice with ACDC, and also gaining some much needed respect and credibility too.People talking at Download festival are absolutely wanting guns to headline next year, and look at all the good reviews he's been getting. 

I dont know how anyone can sit in a corner and sulk about this.

Think of all those ACDC fans Axl has saved from losing money on flights and hotels whilst giving them a fucking awesome show. 

Slash and Duff don't mind, it's all good for GNR. 

We heard from some people that Axl/DC would be a flop ----> that was conclusively proved wrong. Each stadium show has been packed and today's was overflowing

We heard from some people that Axl would get a lot of hate from AC/DC fans ----> that was proved wrong when the brute majority of fans at shows and forums began to praise him

We heard from some people that Axl was giving Slash and Duff the finger ----> that was proved wrong when Slash and Duff turned up to support Axl and gave him their thumbs up

We heard from some people that Axl was going to lose his voice ----> that was proved wrong when he sounded better and better and has been at par with, or outdone Bon & Brian

We heard from some people that this was bad publicity for GN'R ---->that was proved wrong with constant media mentions of Axl/Gn'R, and many AC/DC fans now being pro-Axl/GN'R

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Let's say you're right about everything except the tour cancellation (Because, let's be honest - he would never be able to live down canceling the reunion tour). What are you gonna say when Axl is in the zone again for AC/DC in the US? It surely won't be from being rejuvenated; he has 4 days between the last GN'R show and the first AC/DC show. If Axl blows chunks on the GN'R tour, there are only two scenarios; either it becomes 100% clear he doesn't give a fuck about GN'R, or he blows it with AC/DC in the US also. But let's stay positive, I don't see either of those scenarios happening, because I don't see him sucking on the GN'R tour.

It's unlikely of course, since we've not seen any admission so far that they've been consistently wrong....but, what would be interesting to see is if the prognosticators of doom will have the courage to walk back their comments, if at all Axl does sound better and raspier during the GN'R shows, as he clearly did today (raspier on BIB than he was during the entire tour) - 

• Like 3

I remember a thread question that asked how will Axl sound for the first few Guns dates. And I said that hopefully he would come out breathing fire. 

Basically my point here is that Axl has proved all the naysayers wrong, and I have faith he will continue to kill it for the stadiums of people in North America.

I believe there are big things ahead and in time everyone will be happy.

Long live rock n roll.

• Like 2

Axl has already said, he's been working with a vocal coach for AC/DC. He's not just gonna start sucking on the GN'R tour if he's been working on his voice and is active. The voice is a muscle, the more it's used the stronger it gets, he's not gonna start sucking after a week off. He'll destroy the Guns set, I can't wait to hear Perfect Crime with Axl's Back in Black voice.

• Like 1

Never been into AC/DC, to me the songs have always been a bit boring and sounded too similar. Honestly, I only went to see the concert to listen to the amazing vocals and it was well worth it. 

It's been a fun side project, I really love  the positive feedback and it makes me really happy to see Axl enjoy it! :) But I also can't wait to have him back singing the music I love. Although I must admit some songs like Back in black are slowly starting to grow on me, but they're still very far from GN'R songs.

Edited by LadyMarian

• 1 month later...