Angus on Axl: ‘He’s Doing Very Well’

Angus:

“He’s doing very well. And it’s very good that… I mean, under the situation that we had, it was very good that he volunteered and said, ‘Hey, if I can help, let me try.’ So he’s been very good. And he had to learn a lot of songs very quickly, and he’s done a great job.”

“His leg’s repairing, so each show we’ve been doing he’s been getting up and moving around a lot more. So it adds more to the show.”

“We were committed to finishing this tour, so that’s been our main goal, and Axl helping us. I know he’s very excited; he keeps saying, can he do more? But we don’t really know at the end how we will [continue from this point]. But we wanna get this tour, which we committed to doing, we want to finish it.”

Cliff:

“He’s done a fabulous job. He’s almost out of his chair now. He’s mobile, and he’s enjoying himself. It’s been really good.”

Just now, Powerage5 said:

What's so facepalm-y about Angus having great things to say about Axl?

Not that. This is facepalm-y: "I know he’s very excited; he keeps saying, can he do more? But we don’t really know at the end how we will [continue from this point]."

So basically Axl's doing what we all figured he'd do - express a desire to write new music...with AC/DC.

If Angus Young holds that much influence over Axl that he can manage to get him to get his ass on stage on time and behave himself.

That  he can get Axl to want to more work.....

Then, for the love of guns n roses, next time anyone meets Angus Young,  can we get him to tell Axl he has to ring Izzy and Adler and get them back in GNR. 

Thanks. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nonok said:

Not that. This is facepalm-y: "I know he’s very excited; he keeps saying, can he do more? But we don’t really know at the end how we will [continue from this point]."

So basically Axl's doing what we all figured he'd do - express a desire to write new music...with AC/DC.

There's no mention of new music at all. For all we know Axl could be saying he wants to continue with endless touring with AC/DC, like he does with GN'R. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, nonok said:

Awww... :violin:you poor baby. One of the best hard rock bands ever is doing shows live with one of the best hard rock singers in the world that would like to do more than just touring. What a tragedy. :(

Like Axl couldn't release another Guns album if he really wanted to. Fuckin' Angus Young and his kind words ruining everything.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

Axl has like 4 albums shelved in the vault, but none of those clowns around him have motivated him enough to want to show the world his music, so he's gonna save it for now.

Slash is an idiot and Izzy has done nothing but being passive agressive from his Twitter account.

I'm so glad Axl is pushing it hard to get into AC/DC and record an album, because probably that's the only way we're gonna get to listen to Axl's recorded voice in this decade.

Edited by killuridols

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Awww... :violin:you poor baby. One of the best hard rock bands ever is doing shows live with one of the best hard rock singers in the world that would like to do more than just touring probably. What a tragedy. :(

Like Axl couldn't release another Guns album if he really wanted to. Fuckin' Angus Young and his kind words.

That's exactly the point, oh-glorious-one. He wants to make an album with AC/DC more than with GNR, judging by this and by the "I don't know" reply to the new music question. I don't recall saying it's gonna be a bad album if it happens, but I guess assumptions are the standard when you're a fortune teller with God-given insight into people's brains, right?

6 minutes ago, nonok said:

That's exactly the point, oh-glorious-one. He wants to make an album with AC/DC more than with GNR, judging by this and by the "I don't know" reply to the new music question. I don't recall saying it's gonna be a bad album if it happens, but I guess assumptions are the standard when you're a fortune teller with God-given insight into people's brains, right?

What's wrong with a musician that wants to do something that is not his main thing? like a huge side project with Angus Young in it? he has released one album in 25 years with Guns. If he really wanted to, he would have done it by now or will do it in the future.

If he wants to do more with AC/DC now, isn't that understandable? he's a big fan and Angus is kinda his idol it seems. Put yourself in his shoes. He's just a musician that wants to ride this thing fully, enjoying it while it lasts. He doesn't want it to be over. This kind of excitement is great for artists and it can have a positive influence on other shit like a future Guns album for example.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

What's wrong with a musician that wants to do something that is not his main thing? like a huge side project with Angus Young in it? he has released one album in 25 years with Guns. If he really wanted to, he would have done it by now or will do it in the future.

If he wants to do more with AC/DC now, isn't that understandable? he's a big fan and Angus is kinda his idol it seems. Put yourself in his shoes. He's just a musician that wants to ride this thing fully, enjoying it while it lasts. He doesn't want it to be over. This kind of excitement is great for artists and it can have a positive influence on other shit like a future Guns album for example.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it per se, but the timing is really bad. I know very well you can't control these things, that's completely ridiculous, but if this had happened before the reunion, when the GNR world was a basically a desert, any new music from Axl would have been an oasis. But now they went and hyped the band up with Slash and Duff returning and I think the majority of Guns fans would love to hear a new album from these guys. If Axl spends 3-4 months touring with AC/DC after the NITL tour and starts making music with them, I highly doubt Slash will put SMKC on hold to wait for Axl to come to the studio. He'll return to his solo thing and write for that. Same goes for Duff and his 1000 bands.

Of course, that's the most pessimistic approach and it pays off the best if and when it doesn't happen like that and you get pleasantly surprised. :lol: Best case scenario is that it will inspire Axl and push him to deliver some killer vocal performances in the studio and on stage with both bands. But just for good measure, let's say that I don't believe he can pull off double duty at his age in both a touring and a writing aspect.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nonok said:

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it per se, but the timing is really bad. I know very well you can't control these things, that's completely ridiculous, but if this had happened before the reunion, when the GNR world was a basically a desert, any new music from Axl would have been an oasis. But now they went and hyped the band up with Slash and Duff returning and I think the majority of Guns fans would love to hear a new album from these guys. If Axl spends 3-4 months touring with AC/DC after the NITL tour and starts making music with them, I highly doubt Slash will put SMKC on hold to wait for Axl to come to the studio. He'll return to his solo thing and write for that. Same goes for Duff and his 1000 bands.

Of course, that's the most pessimistic approach and it pays off the best if and when it doesn't happen like that and you get pleasantly surprised. :lol: Best case scenario is that it will inspire Axl and push him to deliver some killer vocal performances in the studio and on stage with both bands. But just for good measure, let's say that I don't believe he can pull off double duty at his age in both a touring and a writing aspect.

There is nothing wrong with it period imo. Any artist that doesn't do what they want to do can't really create inspired art in the same way.

The timing thing... well it happened now. And Angus is not really thinking about other shit than finishing the tour right now and even if he is, and even if it included Axl, that doesn't mean it will fuck Guns plans up.

I don't expect anything from Axl, but I tend to be optimistic when shit is going well is all.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

There is nothing wrong with it period imo. Any artist that doesn't do what they want to do can't really create inspired art in the same way.

The timing thing... well it happened now. And Angus is not really thinking about other shit than finishing the tour right now and even if he does, and even if it included Axl, that doesn't mean it will fuck Guns plans up.

I don't expect anything from Axl, but I tend to be optimistic when shit is going well is all.

Guns have no plans for after the tour, I believe. So it really could be a once in a lifetime thing, and then another couple of years till a new album if it even happens. And if it does happen, not as many people will care 'cause the hype will have diminished. Yeah, yeah, I know it's quality over quantity, but I wanna see them on top of the world again, damn it. :lol: The way they turned the Troubadour or wherever it was into an 80s themed museum gave me hope that maybe, just maybe, real rock will start to make a comeback and return to it's former RNFNR glory that doesn't give a shit about social restrictions or norms. Well, not that I was there to witness it when it did happen, but about three generations have been missing out on a dangerous, ready to collapse in on itself at any point, honest band like GNR. Oh well, I guess I'm going into fantasy land there.

About the creativity thing - absolutely. Art can't be forced, it should only ever be inspired. If it makes Axl and the guys from both bands happy, then of course they're gonna do whatever they wanna do. And we'll probably get great music from AC/DC with him. But that doesn't stop me from wishing he was this excited about making music with his own band, that's all.

Axl's set the bar way too high for himself way too many times, so I tend to be rather pessimistic when things are going well - they're not always gonna be going well.

4 minutes ago, nonok said:

About the creativity thing - absolutely. Art can't be forced, it should only ever be inspired. If it makes Axl and the guys from both bands happy, then of course they're gonna do whatever they wanna do. And we'll probably get great music from AC/DC with him. But that doesn't stop me from wishing he was this excited about making music with his own band, that's all.

Axl doesn't have a band. That's the problem. Slash and Duff, as far as we know, are back just for the NITL tour. We dreaming they will stay and work with Axl on new music is just that: a dream. They didn't say anything and probably won't talk because the future may not be as promising as we'd like to think of.

Axl's movements are suspicious. He's trying to enter a new band because he knows his own will be gone after the tour ends. Makes all sense in the world.

• Like 1

During the rest of the chat, bassist Cliff Williams said Brian Johnson is "happy" with Axl Rose stepping into the band as his temporary replacement.

Asked if he's still in touch with Brian, Cliff replied: "Yes, sure. Brian cares about his hearing, that's why it came to this situation. He must take care of it. He must pay attention to his health.

"Brian is happy that Axl is there."

Focusing on Rose, the bassist added: "He sings the songs very well, it works very well with the material and he has brought some other songs. The are of older albums and we had not played recently. It's fun and it's different, both for us and for the audience."

Angus also talked about Axl's injury, saying: "We do our best. At first it was a little unusual, but I was always flexible - especially on the stage. But over the last concerts Axl was much more flexible. He could get up, so there was a lot more interaction."

• Like 1

I love ACDC. I love Axl/DC. But GnR is my #1 far n above the rest.

God fuckin dammit Axl... Why the fuck can't you ask Slash n Duff "what more can I do?"

It was Angus' quote. Not Axl's. But I get the feeling Axl would like to be done with Guns n be in ACDC full time...

Maybe there's stuff going on with Guns besides the tour. Sometimes I think there is, sometimes I think this tour is gonna be it...

It seems to me that Axl isn't happy unless half his fans are bitching about him...

• Like 1