GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

@Frey, @MillionsOfSpiders

Spoiler

Backstage at one show, our guitar player Dave Sabo and myself decided it would be a good idea to drop some acid. Now, in the late ’80s and early ’90s, this was not a usual occurrence. I never ever saw Dave, Rachel, or Scotti even touch coke. So when Dave and I decided to do some acid, it was a very unique circumstance. And a very unique situation in which we soon found ourselves.

The party continued into the other band’s dressing room. I remember being very, very high and laughing a lot. All of a sudden a girl came into the room in high stiletto heels. I don’t remember who, but somebody said the immortal line: “Let’s wrap her in duct tape!”

It sounded like a good idea at the time.

One of the road crew members proceeded to procure a roll of silver duct tape and a roll of black duct tape. Two substances that are never far from reach in the midst of any rock ’n’ roll concert tour. Duct tape has many uses. We were just about to discover how versatile duct tape can really be.

We proceeded to apply the duct tape.

We kept on partying, laughing, drinking, smoking, snorting, doing whatever the fuck we wanted to. We were rock stars playing stadiums with a girl wrapped in duct tape teetering around in stiletto-heeled boots with her naked ass and tits in our face. As we enjoyed exchanging regalia of the tour, and the night’s show.

Somehow, we moved the party from the backstage greeting area into the shower stalls themselves. Well, some of us did. Actually, it was me and the leader of the other band, the girl wrapped in duct tape, and some other guys standing around watching what was about to unfold.

Suddenly we tumbled down into the middle of the shower stall. I was on the bottom, on my back, with the girl on her front lying on top of me. Grinding and writhing around in the shower stall. All of a sudden the leader of the other band got on top of her. She was in the middle of us. The guy from the other band’s face turned flush.

High on acid, seeing the walls of the shower appear to move in on the scene that was happening on the ground, with the girl wrapped in duct tape writhing on top of me with a guy from another band on top of her. It was fucking crazy.

The girl was perched back up onto her heels. Identity unknown. Not able to speak, or move. Stiletto heels remained on, throughout.

The next thing I remember is leading her back into the backstage room. Us going back to our drinking, smoking, and carousing. All of a sudden, management burst into the room and exclaimed, “What the fuck is going on in here??”

The leader of the other band exclaimed, “I know what to do!!!! Let’s shave her head!!” The room erupted into laughter.

Management said, “Absolutely not!! The party’s over, boys!!” And with that, the girl was teeter-tottered out of the room. Never to be seen again. At least she left with the hair on her own head intact.

Just barely.

-------

The story is in the part of the book where he talks about the tour with GnR. It took place when Skid Row were already successful, which excludes Bon Jovi. It could be Motley Crue or Aerosmith, but in the parts about the tour with them Baz says that both these bands' members were sober at the time. Imo the most likely suspect, apart from Axl (I hope it wasn't him), is someone from Pantera.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

Where are you located? You never know, they might add new dates like they just did for London.

Where are you located? You never know, they might add new dates like they just did for London.

I'm in America in the state of Georgia. I know they sill be in Colorado, but my military duties will take up that time.

45 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

@Frey, @MillionsOfSpiders

Reveal hidden contents

Backstage at one show, our guitar player Dave Sabo and myself decided it would be a good idea to drop some acid. Now, in the late ’80s and early ’90s, this was not a usual occurrence. I never ever saw Dave, Rachel, or Scotti even touch coke. So when Dave and I decided to do some acid, it was a very unique circumstance. And a very unique situation in which we soon found ourselves.

The party continued into the other band’s dressing room. I remember being very, very high and laughing a lot. All of a sudden a girl came into the room in high stiletto heels. I don’t remember who, but somebody said the immortal line: “Let’s wrap her in duct tape!”

It sounded like a good idea at the time.

One of the road crew members proceeded to procure a roll of silver duct tape and a roll of black duct tape. Two substances that are never far from reach in the midst of any rock ’n’ roll concert tour. Duct tape has many uses. We were just about to discover how versatile duct tape can really be.

We proceeded to apply the duct tape.

We kept on partying, laughing, drinking, smoking, snorting, doing whatever the fuck we wanted to. We were rock stars playing stadiums with a girl wrapped in duct tape teetering around in stiletto-heeled boots with her naked ass and tits in our face. As we enjoyed exchanging regalia of the tour, and the night’s show.

Somehow, we moved the party from the backstage greeting area into the shower stalls themselves. Well, some of us did. Actually, it was me and the leader of the other band, the girl wrapped in duct tape, and some other guys standing around watching what was about to unfold.

Suddenly we tumbled down into the middle of the shower stall. I was on the bottom, on my back, with the girl on her front lying on top of me. Grinding and writhing around in the shower stall. All of a sudden the leader of the other band got on top of her. She was in the middle of us. The guy from the other band’s face turned flush.

High on acid, seeing the walls of the shower appear to move in on the scene that was happening on the ground, with the girl wrapped in duct tape writhing on top of me with a guy from another band on top of her. It was fucking crazy.

The girl was perched back up onto her heels. Identity unknown. Not able to speak, or move. Stiletto heels remained on, throughout.

The next thing I remember is leading her back into the backstage room. Us going back to our drinking, smoking, and carousing. All of a sudden, management burst into the room and exclaimed, “What the fuck is going on in here??”

The leader of the other band exclaimed, “I know what to do!!!! Let’s shave her head!!” The room erupted into laughter.

Management said, “Absolutely not!! The party’s over, boys!!” And with that, the girl was teeter-tottered out of the room. Never to be seen again. At least she left with the hair on her own head intact.

Just barely.

-------

The story is in the part of the book where he talks about the tour with GnR. It took place when Skid Row were already successful, which excludes Bon Jovi. It could be Motley Crue or Aerosmith, but in the parts about the tour with them Baz says that both these bands' members were sober at the time. Imo the most likely suspect, apart from Axl (I hope it wasn't him), is someone from Pantera.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were any of who we suspect. Wouldn't it put Baz's friendship with Axl in danger though, if he read it and knew it was him? Even though there's no names mentioned. 

It wouldn't surprise me though. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

3 minutes ago, Frey said:

I'll take your word for it, I'm not very familiar with Pantera.

Thanks for sharing. I guess. Pretty awful.

I hope it was someone from Pantera too, but fuck, Axl has a history of doing awful, rape-y shit like that and the Locomotive lyrics immediately came to my mind while reading this:

So I'll say it for good measure
To all the ones like you I've known
Ya know I'd like to shave your head
And all my friends could
paint it red

Yeah, I too thought of these lyrics when I read it. Then I read the chapter about Pantera, and Baz says that Phil Anselmo of Pantera shaved Tommy Lee's head (willingly).

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It wouldn't surprise if it were any of who we suspect. Wouldn't it put Baz's friendship with Axl in danger though, if he read it and knew it was him? Even though there's no names mentioned. 

It wouldn't surprise me though. 

Phil Anselmo has been a very close friend of Baz's too, so :shrugs:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I too thought of these lyrics when I read it. Then I read the chapter about Pantera, and Baz says that Phil Anselmo of Pantera shaved Tommy Lee's head (willingly).

Phil Anselmo has been a very close friend of Baz's too, so :shrugs:

So the question is which one of them has a weird fetish for shaving people's heads and/or humiliating them by doing that? :wacko:

Quickly googling Phil Anselmo gave me the impression that the guy's a giant douchebag, so yeah, going by that and what you guys said, I can totally see this story being about Anselmo too.

And while we're talking about people being disgusting, let's not forget Baz's own involvement in this and the other guys in the band's involvement (either members of Pantera or Slash, Izzy, Duff,...)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:
19 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Shame on them for treating women like that. 

Assholes:fuckyou:

It'll be just one story of many with that bunch of bands in quetstion. Disgusting. 

Spoiler

Baz says he enjoyed tying up girls, leaving them like that for hours and then having sex with them when he felt like it :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Baz says he enjoyed tying up girls, leaving them like that for hours and then having sex with them when he felt like it :facepalm:

It doesn't surprise me at all. They think they're gods who can do what they want. 

@Frey Anselmo is a creep, got a friend who met him, he's a creep. 

• Like 1

HOnestly don't have think it was axl. Axl and baz hung out loads but they mostly did weed together and shit like that, it was slash baz always brags about doing coke and heroin with all the time. I'd say it was a singer from another band tbh. The behaviour does match axls assholeness days but I'm pretty sure everyone always says including our very own Marc canter that axl stopped doing those kind of drugs in 1987 and just stuck to weed and booze sometimes 

59 minutes ago, Blackstar said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I always thought Baz was a moron, but seems he is a douchebag too.

54 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It doesn't surprise me at all. They think they're gods who can do what they want. 

@Frey Anselmo is a creep, got a friend who met him, he's a creep. 

Yeah, I can believe that. Good thing I was never into Pantera.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Frey said:

always thought Baz was a moron, but seems he is a douchebag too.

Yeah, at least he was in the past; it seems he's matured now (I mean compared to what he was :P). But he comes out as a naive, lighthearted and straight up person who wouldn't backstab his friends, and probably this is why Axl likes him; and also because Baz looks up to him and sees him like god (which is not surprising as Axl was much more refined musically while Baz's musical horizon/influences was mostly KISS and Motley Crue).

Edited by Blackstar

3 hours ago, Frey said:

That's not true. It all depends on the frequency and the amount of drugs you're doing. You can definitely "get in and out of drugs" if you're careful and don't over-do it. I did my fair share of drugs when I was a kid and never developed any kind of habit. There are plenty of people like that. As long as you've got a reasonable amount of will power and don't do it too frequently, you're gonna be fine (unless you've got a particularly addictive personality or something maybe).

Lol I know lots of those people like to brag they can "control" drugs but they never stop using them, even if it's with long periods of abstinence in between.

Addiction to some drugs does not derive from having an addictive personality. Those substances have addictive components. Like people who can't stop smoking, I know so many of them, different ages, different body structure and personality, it couldn't be that all of them caught the cigarette habit because they have an addictive personality.

Being careful and will power are a lottery since you don't know how drugs are going to hit you the first time. Maybe you're lucky and you can abstain but what if you don't? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frey said:

You'd have to be pretty stupid to believe that considering how much Axl has talked about doing drugs and his various drug-related experiences. But compared to the other guys in the band I guess he qualifies as some kind of puritan. Steven Adler will make anyone looke like a saint in comparison. Not to mention the guy who drank so much his pancreas exploded and the guy who already died multiple times and has a pace maker now.

Thanks, I guess :lol: Glad someone appreciates the messed-up ways in which my brain works lol.

That's not true. It all depends on the frequency and the amount of drugs you're doing. You can definitely "get in and out of drugs" if you're careful and don't over-do it. I did my fair share of drugs when I was a kid and never developed any kind of habit. There are plenty of people like that. As long as you've got a reasonable amount of will power and don't do it too frequently, you're gonna be fine (unless you've got a particularly addictive personality or something maybe).

Dear god, the mental images, why are you doing this to me? :scared:

Besides, the only guy who gets to cuddle any of Axl's body parts is Slash, or so this thread taught me

Is it the story about Axl pushing some girl down the stairs that Niven and Adler told?

Wait a minute, I'm not planning on buying the book. I really want to hear about that story.. Please, Please, Please?

US show peeps!....are you guys finding that the 1st 15 rows on the floor behind the pit are like VIP only and running $550-$750? I am not sure if this is what everyone is seeing or just San Antonio's show? Not doing the pit (maybe next time) slowly inching closer and closer. :P  but I would like the first row right behind the pit for under $300 but not seeing it. :( help? advice? TIA girls!

5 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

US show peeps!....are you guys finding that the 1st 15 rows on the floor behind the pit are like VIP only and running $550-$750? I am not sure if this is what everyone is seeing or just San Antonio's show? Not doing the pit (maybe next time) slowly inching closer and closer. :P  but I would like the first row right behind the pit for under $300 but not seeing it. :( help? advice? TIA girls!

Yep saw the same thing for the Washington show. Purchased Jungle experience for this show so yeah I'll be in the pit. Tickets are expensive but decided to go all out for this show.

• Like 1

Yep saw the same thing for the Washington show. Purchased Jungle experience for this show so yeah I'll be in the pit. Tickets are expensive but decided to go all out for this show.

Your pits in the US are tiny though aren't they? They're totally worth that money imo. Ours are freaking huge!! The only good thing about the mess up about my ticket is I get early entry to go and attach myself to the barrier and not drink anything all day. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

Lol I know lots of those people like to brag they can "control" drugs but they never stop using them, even if it's with long periods of abstinence in between.

Addiction to some drugs does not derive from having an addictive personality. Those substances have addictive components. Like people who can't stop smoking, I know so many of them, different ages, different body structure and personality, it couldn't be that all of them caught the cigarette habit because they have an addictive personality.

Being careful and will power are a lottery since you don't know how drugs are going to hit you the first time. Maybe you're lucky and you can abstain but what if you don't? 

Dude, it's chemistry, not black magic. If you occasionally do drugs, you're not an addict, just like someone who occasionally drinks is not an alcoholic.

In my case, I haven't done drugs in years (I don't even smoke), but if I were to hypothetically decide to do drugs again next weekend, you know what would happen? Nothing. I would go on afterwards like I have before, not taking drugs for a long time or even the rest of my life. That's what not being an addict is all about- you can easily make that choice and just walk away. Which is why it's important to be careful and to never let it get too far, and that applies to any kind of substance, whether it is "merely" alcohol or nicotine, or drugs of the less legal variety.

8 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

Wait a minute, I'm not planning on buying the book. I really want to hear about that story.. Please, Please, Please?

What story? The one about Axl pushing a girl down the stairs? It's not in the book, as @Blackstar already explained. But according to Alan Niven (and I also remember Steven Adler mentioning that incident somewhere), Axl once pushed a girl down the stairs for refusing to have sex with him. I think Niven also said he (Niven) paid her off to keep her mouth shut.

Make of that what you will. I know I believe it (despite usually not trusting anything that comes out of Niven's mouth), because you have two people telling the same story in this case and it fits right in with all the other seriously disturbing behavior Axl displayed in his younger years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frey said:

What story? The one about Axl pushing a girl down the stairs? It's not in the book, as @Blackstar already explained. But according to Alan Niven (and I also remember Steven Adler mentioning that incident somewhere), Axl once pushed a girl down the stairs for refusing to have sex with him. I think Niven also said he (Niven) paid her off to keep her mouth shut.

Make of that what you will. I know I believe it (despite usually not trusting anything that comes out of Niven's mouth), because you have two people telling the same story in this case and it fits right in with all the other seriously disturbing behavior Axl displayed in his younger years.

I'm pretty sure they were talking about the duct tape story. I'm not sure how to post images here so I'll upload the screenshots to imgur:

http://imgur.com/a/aERW1

Honestly between the duct tape and other stories that have come out recently I'm not really surprised that Izzy is so shy about his past now. They definitely did some F'd up stuff back then. :-/ There is also a story about Baz punching Izzy's brother and Axl and Baz staying up all night doing drugs with Erin and Baz's GF then calling Howard Stern in the morning but nothing that we haven't heard before.

P.S.: Hi everyone! lol I finally came out of lurking mode. I'm jealous you all are going to the 2017 shows. I missed out on seeing them in San Fran and I'm still kicking myself for it. Wouldve been fun to meet up with fellow GNR fans.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1