GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No, it wasn't the opening song. He got booed and bottled, badly. I don't know why people paid for weekend tickets and then stayed to boo Axl, a lot did though. Just because it was a good line up that year with or without GnR I think, so most there weren't exactly fans anyway. 

I live ten minutes away from Donington and lots of people going there stay around here or pass through the local pubs and stuff. I talked t a lot of them and they were saying they wanted to piss him off so he had a tantrum, it worked I guess.

All GnR crowds I've been in have booed him for being late, quite badly, but I think Download was on a whole other level. 

His demeanor didn't help to turn that around. He could have won them over by not being there late, showing some humor and not acting pissed off while singing. That for sure can alienate anyone.

Not trying to justify the hostile crowd but I'm so glad this period is gone (hopefully gone forever) and now he seems so much happier and calmed onstage. That video was painful to watch. I don't want to see that Axl ever again.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, killuridols said:

His demeanor didn't help to turn that around. He could have won them over by not being there late, showing some humor and not acting pissed off while singing. That for sure can alienate anyone.

Not trying to justify the hostile crowd but I'm so glad this period is gone (hopefully gone forever) and now he seems so much happier and calmed onstage. That video was painful to watch. I don't want to see that Axl ever again.

The last time I can remember him being like this is 2010?? Dublin the perfect example. The last time he was here with Guns was 2012 and he was really late, but apart from that I can't think anything bad. 

He's certainly been much better this year, and kept it going. I hope it continues for 2017. There's always that bit of doubt though, isn't there? 

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

This is what google spat out for me. A review of the Donington show from 2006. From what you can read there, the crowd was wild and mean at the beginning. Axl was upset and acting like a toddler because of technical problems (why he cannot deal with those things like an adult, like a pro, I'll never understand) and later on the show became really good. At least this is, what the review says.

http://www.gnrontour.com/sets2006/20060611reviews.html

It's rather long, so I don't copy all of it here. I found interesting to read.

And no, I don't know how reliabale this is. But in Welcome to the Jungle the crowd looks positively at awe with the band and partying along.

In my opinion, anything can happen to piss Axl of. It always was that way and has been a very long time. I hope that mellowed out, 2016 looked like it.

Edited by Tori72

On 8.12.2016 at 2:38 PM, Blackstar said:

The screenshots from Baz's book:

Iavhp6v.jpg

MBVK31x.jpg

rvSnzst.jpg

I know this is serious and sad and everything, but I couldn't help but laugh at the whole "he was in a bad mood and refused to put on his seat belt" thing. What is he, three?

This also reminds me of another 2006 incident- the temper tantrum in the Swedish hotel lobby because TB dared to leave him at a party (all alone!) and he had to get back to the hotel by himself (all on his own again!). Where he then proceeded to yell and throw stuff and rolled around the floor like a temper-tantruming toddler and finally bit some poor guy's thigh.

Not to mention the stuff Craig Duswalt said about telling Axl bed-time stories because he couldn't fall asleep, and having to order his food for him and shit like that. While reading the book I kept expecting him to say something about cutting up his food for him or changing his diapers next.

He really is like an over-grown toddler. The only question is if he really has this much difficulty regulating his emotions (I remember reading that child abuse can have that effect on the human brain) or if this kind of behavior also stems (at least partly) from the fact that he can get away with it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

This is what google spat out for me. A review of the Donington show from 2006. From what you can read there, the crowd was wild and mean at the beginning. Axl was upset and acting like a toddler because of technical problems (why he cannot deal with those things like an adult, like a pro, I'll never understand) and later on the show became really good. At least this is, what the review says.

http://www.gnrontour.com/sets2006/20060611reviews.html

It's rather long, so I don't copy all of it here. I found interesting to read.

And no, I don't know how reliabale this is. But in Welcome to the Jungle the crowd looks positively at awe with the band and partying along.

In my opinion, anything can happen to piss Axl of. It always was that way and has been a very long time. I hope that mellowed out, 2016 looked like it.

Pro shot for broadcasting on TV isn't going to be showing the wankers throwing bottles of piss, is it? :lol: 

Axl always used to say "technical difficulties" when he was getting booed or pissed off, just look what he did to the poor microphone guy in Dublin cos he was getting booed. There used to be a load of his in ear monitor rants from Download on YouTube but most are gone now, I found this one though... 

:facepalm:

Also

IMG_2518.PNG

idiots were there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I browsed through the whole Baz book. The GnR/Axl related stories are a very small part of it; and it's expected, as it's Baz's autobiography and not a book on Axl.

Reveal hidden contents

Apart from the known stories I mentioned, there is a -not nice- story about an incident with Baz, a girl, and the leader of a band Skid Row toured with. The unnamed band leader is likely Axl, because the story is in the part where Baz talks about the tour where Skid Row opened for GnR.

I won't post anything else from this book, although I don't think I spoiled it for anyone who may be interested in reading it not just for the Axl stories

Can you pm me that (the hidden part)?

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The last time I can remember him being like this is 2010?? Dublin the perfect example. The last time he was here with Guns was 2012 and he was really late, but apart from that I can't think anything bad. 

He's certainly been much better this year, and kept it going. I hope it continues for 2017. There's always that bit of doubt though, isn't there? 

Hmm I don't remember but he continued to be pissed off at times when people threw stuff at him, more or less until 2014.

The nuGNR years were dark years for Axl. He didn't look good, he didn't look happy, he wasn't giving his best at shows. I feel there's a big difference between his 2016 performances and all the others from years before.

Isnt it weird that this year no one threw anything? I've always thought those bottle of piss and stuff we're all stunts :shrugs:

31 minutes ago, Frey said:

I know this is serious and sad and everything, but I couldn't help but laugh at the whole "he was in a bad mood and refused to put on his seat belt" thing. What is he, three?

This also reminds me of another 2006 incident- the temper tantrum in the Swedish hotel lobby because TB dared to leave him at a party (all alone!) and he had to get back to the hotel by himself (all on his own again!). Where he then proceeded to yell and throw stuff and rolled around the floor like a temper-tantruming toddler and finally bit some poor guy's thigh.

Not to mention the stuff Craig Duswalt said about telling Axl bed-time stories because he couldn't fall asleep, and having to order his food for him and shit like that. While reading the book I kept expecting him to say something about cutting up his food for him or changing his diapers next.

He really is like an over-grown toddler. The only question is if he really has this much difficulty regulating his emotions (I remember reading that child abuse can have that effect on the human brain) or if this kind of behavior also stems (at least partly) from the fact that he can get away with it.

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

You have a great ability to tell Axl stories and turn them into comedy or something. I can't stop ROTFLMAO while reading this!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Frey said:

Holy sh*t, I read "cuddling up his foot:facepalm::rofl-lol:

Wasn't surprised though :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Crazedlioness said:

The tickets are so overpriced it's ridiculous AND they're playing at the worst location ever I'm Ireland when there's so many good locations they could be playing in.  Where they're playing, unless you're in the golden circle you can't see shit. I got the tickets and I'm still excited for the concert but just a really pissed off. Like are they not fucking rich enough? Obviously they're not touring for their fans if they're charging us impossible amounts for tickets. They obviously don't give a Fuck. I camped outside my local ticket selling shop all night to get the tickets and spent all my money plus I had to borrow about €200 so now I'm in debt so they better put on the best show of their fucking lives. I'm making a sign saying "axl can I live with you, had to sell my house for the tickets" haha

I got tickets to see Green Day and Iron Maiden next year, and their combined ticket price is still way cheaper than one GnR GC ticket. I'm not anywhere near as excited to see those two though, so I suppose that makes it worth it for me :) 

Funny how Download came up, the guy who runs it has been promoting GnR all day on his Twitter after vowing to never do so again. And after his cryptic message when asked why Guns are not headlining next year, when he said all would be revealed, I think I'm pretty sure GnR will be back for more Europe and UK dates including festivals in 2018. I hope they don't hike the prices even more. I'll still be broke from this tour :lol:

21 hours ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I won't get to see them this time around....my schedule won't allow it. But if some time opens up, hopefully I can still get good seats.

Where are you located? You never know, they might add new dates like they just did for London.

5 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Golden circle!

I see. You have already spent a lot of money. Well start saving again and buy a real cheap ticket for London around April or May. Something will be available, London has 2 shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Hmm I don't remember but he continued to be pissed off at times when people threw stuff at him, more or less until 2014.

The nuGNR years were dark years for Axl. He didn't look good, he didn't look happy, he wasn't giving his best at shows. I feel there's a big difference between his 2016 performances and all the others from years before.

Isnt it weird that this year no one threw anything? I've always thought those bottle of piss and stuff we're all stunts :shrugs:

You have a great ability to tell Axl stories and turn them into comedy or something. I can't stop ROTFLMAO while reading this!!

Sounds like my kinda guy. I'll take him.

14 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I got tickets to see Green Day and Iron Maiden next year, and their combined ticket price is still way cheaper than one GnR GC ticket. I'm not anywhere near as excited to see those two though, so I suppose that makes it worth it for me :) 

Yes, the ticket price is really ridiculous, but that's what I read earlier today: "No wonder you have to pay extra money, you're going to see the ACDC singer..." 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jane M. said:
21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, I know this quote and I agree. But there are people who have the impression that Axl was some sort of puritan in regards to drugs. I think the reasons Axl didn't become addicted were 1) that as he says, drugs, especially heroin, didn't "work" for him as it did for other people and they made him feel worse (probably due to his mental issues) and 2) despite being suicidal, he has had a strong instinct for survival and he sensed that if drugs by themselves could destroy him, the combination of them with his mental situation would be lethal; and this is why Axl survived (fortunately) and Kurt Cobain didn't.

This.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to believe that considering how much Axl has talked about doing drugs and his various drug-related experiences. But compared to the other guys in the band I guess he qualifies as some kind of puritan. Steven Adler will make anyone looke like a saint in comparison. Not to mention the guy who drank so much his pancreas exploded and the guy who already died multiple times and has a pace maker now.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Thanks, I guess :lol: Glad someone appreciates the messed-up ways in which my brain works lol.

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

That's the trick "have used", "have tried". It is all past tense. Or just a moment in life and never again.

But sometimes it's like people want to make it look, or does Axl want to make it look? like he could get in and out of drugs constantly without catching a habit and that's what I'm calling bullshit. 

You can't do that. There's no way to trick the addictive component of those things. So the only way to not become an addict is to not use drugs. It's not rocket science.

That's not true. It all depends on the frequency and the amount of drugs you're doing. You can definitely "get in and out of drugs" if you're careful and don't over-do it. I did my fair share of drugs when I was a kid and never developed any kind of habit. There are plenty of people like that. As long as you've got a reasonable amount of will power and don't do it too frequently, you're gonna be fine (unless you've got a particularly addictive personality or something maybe).

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Holy sh*t, I read "cuddling up his foot:facepalm::rofl-lol:

Wasn't surprised though :ph34r:

Dear god, the mental images, why are you doing this to me? :scared:

Besides, the only guy who gets to cuddle any of Axl's body parts is Slash, or so this thread taught me

19 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I browsed through the whole Baz book. The GnR/Axl related stories are a very small part of it; and it's expected, as it's Baz's autobiography and not a book on Axl.

Reveal hidden contents

Apart from the known stories I mentioned, there is a -not nice- story about an incident with Baz, a girl, and the leader of a band Skid Row toured with. The unnamed band leader is likely Axl, because the story is in the part where Baz talks about the tour where Skid Row opened for GnR.

I won't post anything else from this book, although I don't think I spoiled it for anyone who may be interested in reading it not just for the Axl stories

Is it the story about Axl pushing some girl down the stairs that Niven and Adler told?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jane M. said:

That video gives me anxiety. I think about being stuck in a crowd like that and feel like dying. 

Yeah me too. Man Axl didn't look like the man we have now. I mean he looked good appearance wise, but he wouldn't even move. Sucks!

28 minutes ago, Frey said:

You'd have to be pretty stupid to believe that considering how much Axl has talked about doing drugs and his various drug-related experiences. But compared to the other guys in the band I guess he qualifies as some kind of puritan. Steven Adler will make anyone looke like a saint in comparison. Not to mention the guy who drank so much his pancreas exploded and the guy who already died multiple times and has a pace maker now.

That's not true. It all depends on the frequency and the amount of drugs you're doing. You can definitely "get in and out of drugs" if you're careful and don't over-do it. I did my fair share of drugs when I was a kid and never developed any kind of habit. There are plenty of people like that. As long as you've got a reasonable amount of will power and don't do it too frequently, you're gonna be fine (unless you've got a particularly addictive personality or something maybe).

Agreed with all of this.

Is it the story about Axl pushing some girl down the stairs that Niven and Adler told?

No, it's a backstage story from when Skid Row toured with another band. Apart from their tour with GnR, Skid Row had toured (as openers or headliners) with Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Pantera and Soundgarden.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Yes, the ticket price is really ridiculous, but that's what I read earlier today: "No wonder you have to pay extra money, you're going to see the ACDC singer..." 

I am secretly wondering to myself if these two London shows will live up to the awesome awesome AXL/DC :ph34r:

I am a traitor! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Agreed with all of this.

No, it's a backstage story of a mistreatment of a girl from when Skid Row toured with another band. Apart from their tour with GnR, Skid Row had toured (as openers or headliners) with Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Pantera and Soundgarden.

Well, when it comes to mistreating girls, I'd say Aerosmith and especially Motley Crue are likely suspects as well.

Can you post that part of the book too?