GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

I'm very happy for all of you who got your shows dates and tickets already! :):headbang:

I knew there were zero chances for them to come down here (or near) and this is why I've been cool about the tour announcement.

------

@BOSSY78, screenshots from Mick Wall's book and relevant discussion from page 499 to p. 503

and from p. 506 to p. 510

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Can't you go @Blackstar

As I see it now, I don't think so. Apart from the expenses, the year period the shows will take place is the most difficult for me to take a leave from work.

But I don't mind so much. I was lucky to see the 4/5 of the original band and now at least I'll have reviews/impressions from all of you :)

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

As I see it now, I don't think so. Apart from the expenses, the year period the shows will take place is the most difficult for me to take a leave from work.

But I don't mind so much. I was lucky to see the 4/5 of the original band and now at least I'll have reviews/impressions from all of you :)

Awww no, this makes me feel a bit sad though :( 

Fans like you should be able to see them. 

I hope they do another European leg, I'm hopeful that they will do. i think they will be hitting the festivals next year, they'd be daft not to. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Awww no, this makes me feel a bit sad though :( 

Fans like you should be able to see them. 

I hope they do another European leg, I'm hopeful that they will do. i think they will be hitting the festivals next year, they'd be daft not to. 

Thank you :hug:Don't feel sad though :) Yeah, maybe I'll get to see them if they do another leg. If there wasn't the work thing, I could possibly make it for the Paris show.

But if there was a way to choose any show I wanted, I'd definitely pick St. Louis (although from what I understand there isn't anything else to see in that place) :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thank you :hug:Don't feel sad though :) Yeah, maybe I'll get to see them if they do another leg. If there wasn't the work thing, I could possibly make it for the Paris show.

But if there was a way to choose any show I wanted, I'd definitely pick St. Louis (although from what I understand there isn't anything else to see in that place) :lol:

You know, if I had the money and I didn't have two little kids I would have been on that plane with you to St. Louis!! 

I cant travel out of the UK without my kids, London is a massive stretch for me and far enough away for me to be away from them as it is. 

If this had happened ten years ago, I would have gone to as many shows as I could till I went broke :lol:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You know, if I had the money and I didn't have two little kids I would have been on that plane with you to St. Louis!! 

I cant travel out of the UK without my kids, London is a massive stretch for me and far enough away for me to be away from them as it is. 

If this had happened ten years ago, I would have gone to as many shows as I could till I went broke :lol:

This would be 20 years ago for me. I remember me and my friends joking about the possibility of ourselves still going to rock concerts when we would be 40-somethings and here we are now :lol: 10 years ago I might go to 2 shows.

Yes, the St. Louis show will be something. I listened to Richard Fortus's interview and he said Axl wanted it to be either the last or the first show of the leg because it's very important to him.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Wish me luck that my view doesn't have that bunch of bollocks in it!

If they are in your view PLEASE PLEASE pull their hair!!! :rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@killuridols @Andy14 did you ever post your amazing find?? 

No, we didn't..... because she thinks her Prague show it is more important now :max:

j/k :P

I'll post it in a minute!

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

All those random people coming out of nowhere asking for presale codes are funny. 

Like "sure let me give you my nightrain presale code that I had to pay $45 bucks for it." 

JFC:facepalm:

I'm soooo bummed about that!!!

Bunch of fucking leeches!!!

I wouldn't mind to share it with a friend or maybe buy tickets for someone that I know, but for some fucking random goof?

No way!

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

When did you see the 4/5 of the original band before? :o

Don't rule it out so fast!

I know it's a lot of work but you could spare some time to think how you could make it to one show at least. You deserve it!! :heart:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thank you :wub: There is a little possibility to work something out the last minute (if there are any tickets left), but it's impossible to make any plans right now.

I saw the Illusions lineup with Izzy. It was one of the 1993 shows Izzy came back because Gilby had broken his arm.

wow that's one of the historical concerts! :wow:

I'm sure there will be tickets. It is a trick they do now so people go crazy but listen, when they announced the first River Plate show, two days later it was "supposedly" sold out and you couldn't get any more pit tickets at all.

A week before the show, it suddenly and magically open again and one friend of mine was able to buy a vip pit ticket :o and make it to the show!!!

There are lots of people who buy them, then cant go to the show or buy them to sell them later. Of course, I wont recommend you to get it from the scalpers but if someone you can trust is willing to sell it face value then maybe you get your chance.

That's why I say dont rule anything out. It is very possible to get a good ticket even days before the show.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, we didn't..... because she thinks her Prague show it is more important now :max:

j/k :P

I'll post it in a minute!

Haha. I didn't want to post it yet since the thread is full of tickets discussion and it would be ignored :nervous:

And I think you should post it, it's your finding :wub:

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, hehe, feels weird to interrupt all this tickets thing but let's do it for @MillionsOfSpiders :P

It was both of us trying to figure out why Axl talked about "wardrobe malfunction" but you got the better video!

Ok, enough chatting.........

Here's a moment by the end of "It's So Easy" at the River Plate Stadium on November 4th, 2016. Axl is finishing the song and stays behind his mic waiting for the last chords of the song when he pays attention to a girl who's being taken out of the crowd, she's walking like drunk or very tired, so she turns around to him and makes some hand gesture (not sure if it's a wave or she's pointing at something) and Axl waves back at her, but I guess she doesn't get to see that.

It's so very sweet and lol at the same time. So we talked with @Andy14 about how Axl is paying attention to the crowd, or at least people in the first rows, and he's such an observer of everything.

Here's the video... only a few seconds at the end of the song.

Cute :wub: That's it, I'm gonna get Golden Circle tickets even if I have to starve to death for that haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nonok said:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: HAHAHA YISS! This is the kind of quality material I expect from this thread!

:devilshades:

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@killuridols aww that is really sweet :wub: thanks for posting. 

Maybe he will wave to me like that when I'm getting hauled out of London Stadium for pulling the models hair :lol: 

hahahahaa I hope he gives you a thumbs up *secretly* behind Sasha's back :smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

There is the Arch, Bush Stadium and the Budweiser factory.

• Like 1

On 2016-11-07 at 3:29 PM, Archtop said:

Ahh, thank you. I was a proper fan girl back in the day, you know pictures on the bedroom wall, scrape book of newspaper clippings, it was bordering on obsession, I had seen them at wembley in the summer,

I remember an announcement was made on a local rock radio station on the 8th about Izzy leaving, the day of my 18th birthday, I was gutted and refused to go out and party that night. ha, ha so tragic! :facepalm: 

Do you still have clippings? Interested to trade or donate? ??? I still collect!

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, hehe, feels weird to interrupt all this tickets thing but let's do it for @MillionsOfSpiders :P

It was both of us trying to figure out why Axl talked about "wardrobe malfunction" but you got the better video!

Ok, enough chatting.........

Here's a moment by the end of "It's So Easy" at the River Plate Stadium on November 4th, 2016. Axl is finishing the song and stays behind his mic waiting for the last chords of the song when he pays attention to a girl who's being taken out of the crowd, she's walking like drunk or very tired, so she turns around to him and makes some hand gesture (not sure if it's a wave or she's pointing at something) and Axl waves back at her, but I guess she doesn't get to see that.

It's so very sweet and lol at the same time. So we talked with @Andy14 about how Axl is paying attention to the crowd, or at least people in the first rows, and he's such an observer of everything.

Here's the video... only a few seconds at the end of the song.

Very cute, thanks for sharing. He is so friendly, nowadays, he wouldn't have waved back in the early days.

But i always found him very attentive on stage, nearly always catching the things thrown, especially the bras. Lol. He was often- and also observant of the fans in the first few rows. Interesting though, because other singer might be only concentrated on their singing and performance. Also shows, how naturally he performs. :wub:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coolranchdressing! said:

Do you still have clippings? Interested to trade or donate? ??? I still collect!

Unfortunatley not, I came back from traveling in  my 20's to find my parents had dumped all the boxes I had stored in thier loft ? including all my GnR stuff, I had  tour programs and all sorts, I was proper mad at the time. They also dumped my album collection and pointed out I had most of it on CD anyway:facepalm: