Cliff Williams Announces retirement

Redout

Personally, I'd love it if Angus and Axl continued to work together; the AXL/DC I saw in Stratford was hands down the best rock show I've ever seen. That being said, I'd rather they did it under a new name but I could see Angus continuing to use the AC/DC brand and getting away with it. Sadly, I doubt many people know who is/was in the band other than Angus, Malcom, Brian and Bon and to be honest nobody I was around at the Stratford show seemed hugely bothered by the absence of Phil or Malcolm and most were floored by Axl. Thin Lizzy, GN'R, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Smashing Pumpkins and others have done at some point or still are doing the rounds successfully with one member of the classic lineup. I think ultimately the bottom line is that people want to hear the songs live and one classic member is better than no classic members. Plus, I do wonder how many people who go to shows actually know who's in a band or whether they just see the name, book the ticket and so long as they hear the hits they're happy. I'm not saying it's right but I fear that's just the way it is.

13 hours ago, Randy Jesus said:

I thought Brian was coming  back.

No one ever said Brian would be coming back. Fans started speculating he'd be back after those new in-ear devices are ready to be used, but it's only that - speculation. 

If Angus simply must roll on with his facsimile of AC/DC, then I hope he brings on Michael Anthony as bassist. AC/DC has a very simple bass, well in line with what Mikey does, and he is used to being in the shadow of rock icons rather than being the big rock star himself. That's a good thing. I think he would fit the part well, and he does great backing vocals. And I gotta admit it would be sweet to have a hybrid of my three favorite bands, AC/DC, Guns n' Roses, and Van Halen.  

• Like 4

This is basically their farewell tour, if not then in 2 years it will be their farewell tour and its over for AC/DC.

If they want to continue they will do something within 2 years cause this time they won't wait for another 5 to 8 years. 

• 2 weeks later...

When You replace Mal, Phil and Brain. Cliff is the least of Angus's worries. Easiest member to replace without effecting the sound at all. The biggest change has already been made by loosing Mal and Phil. Angus will go on like he always has done. Angus would have known the Cliff score before this whole Axl thing in anyways. Since then he has said he hopes for a new ACDC album and has said Axl would like to do more. Angus will never drop the name ACDC that is what him and Mal have worked their whole life for. Did you guys see how good AXL/DC sound man. It might not be classic acdc but its awesome !

• Like 1

On July 13, 2016 at 11:16 PM, DirtyDeeds said:

If Angus simply must roll on with his facsimile of AC/DC, then I hope he brings on Michael Anthony as bassist. AC/DC has a very simple bass, well in line with what Mikey does, and he is used to being in the shadow of rock icons rather than being the big rock star himself. That's a good thing. I think he would fit the part well, and he does great backing vocals. And I gotta admit it would be sweet to have a hybrid of my three favorite bands, AC/DC, Guns n' Roses, and Van Halen.  

He's too busy singing love songs with Spammy the Clown 

I would just end it really. They have had a superb innings, AC/DC, and if continuing, they would just be 'one guy' à la Nugnr and we all know that through such an incarnation an act struggles for legitimacy and consequentially takes a collosal nosedive in respect and commercial viability. DC should put out a DVD/live album of the Axl tour as a commemorative send off and then end it in a dignified manner. Angus can then do some little blues solo projects.

Edited by DieselDaisy

On 7/13/2016 at 9:16 PM, DirtyDeeds said:

*barf*

6 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

It's the right decision,the band is done,it's the end of the road.May they had already retired if this tour wasn't in the middle.

it's the right decision in your opinion and you're allowed to have it. i think the decision should be Angus's and i am allowed to have my opinion. but honestly in the end it doesn't matter what OUR opinions are, Angus and company will do what THEY want to do for THEM. js...:shrugs:

I do not believe anyone is under the mistaken belief that their opinion on a Guns N' Roses internet forum will subordinate Angus's opinion in somehow dictating the proceedings of AC/DC. however this is a discussion board and we are all just wasting time throwing out opinions. If I had to guess, Angus will continue but I believe that will be the wrong course to take.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I do not believe anyone is under the mistaken belief that their opinion on a Guns N' Roses internet forum will subordinate Angus's opinion in somehow dictating the proceedings of AC/DC. however this is a discussion board and we are all just wasting time throwing out opinions. If I had to guess, Angus will continue but I believe that will be the wrong course to take.

opinions are like arse*bleeps* everybody's got one but the only that matters in this case, as i've said ad nauseum on this subject, is ANGUS'S. and oh what about all the people who freaked out when it was rumored Axl was replacing Brian Johnson?? let's just imagine legendary GREAT Angus Young listened to the naysayers ( and not just on this board, opinions exist everywhere believe it or not! ) and said by golly these whippersnappers are right, and i, Angus Young, am wrong. i'll just put the kibosh on THAT idea and retire cos of what these people who don't know *bleep* are saying, cos THEY must be right and I AM WRONG! yeah right. look what happened? Axl went on, almost everyone ( AC/DC fans, GN'R fans, music fans in general ) LOVED IT! so maybe, just maybe, let the man....THE LEGEND, a very intelligent man, gifted musician and savvy businessman with many other savvy businessmen giving him good advice, do what he decides! 

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

opinions are like arse*bleeps* everybody's got one but the only that matters in this case, as i've said ad nauseum on this subject, is ANGUS'S. and oh what about all the people who freaked out when it was rumored Axl was replacing Brian Johnson?? let's just imagine legendary GREAT Angus Young listened to the naysayers ( and not just on this board, opinions exist everywhere believe it or not! ) and said by golly these whippersnappers are right, and i, Angus Young, am wrong. i'll just put the kibosh on THAT idea and retire cos of what these people who don't know *bleep* are saying, cos THEY must be right and I AM WRONG! yeah right. look what happened? Axl went on, almost everyone ( AC/DC fans, GN'R fans, music fans in general ) LOVED IT! so maybe, just maybe, let the man....THE LEGEND, a very intelligent man, gifted musician and savvy businessman with many other savvy businessmen giving him good advice, do what he decides! 

Academic point as he will or will anyway regardless of what people on the internet think. I repeat, nobody here is deluded enough to believe Angus is clicking on mygnr and going, ''yis, yis, that diesel daisy certainly has a point: yis, I should fold the band'' haha.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Academic point as he will or will anyway regardless of what people on the internet think. I repeat, nobody here is deluded enough to believe Angus is clicking on mygnr and going, ''yis, yis, that diesel daisy certainly has a point: yis, I should fold the band'' haha.

oh Diesel i'm sure he will take YOURS under serious advisement! ;)