Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

@Kris_1989 please post the pic of Izzy you posted on the WT here. It needs to be on the first page of this thread. :lol:

Also, in a probably failed attempt to go back on topic and inspired by the main section... do you wanna post your favorite moments on and off stage of our lord and savior? :D

Edited by Darkenchantress

11 hours ago, janrichmond said:

I love Izzy's songwriting. I love Slash's guitar. I loved Axl's singing. I love Duffs bass. I love Steven's drumming. Like @Frey I too came back with the reunion. I'm not 100% happy with the line-up now and definitely want Izzy back but i'm doing the London shows and if they are shit at least I gave them a chance. I've got the best memories from 91,92 and 93 to see me into my old age. 

Love the good vibes we have in this thread :heart:

If it's shit come and find me and we can go and get pissed and stoned instead :lol:

• Like 1

IMG_0060.thumb.JPG.b6612c56c5768ee61c342a9070a35402.JPG

Anyone know about this photo, was it connected to one of his albums? I ask as it appears to be a posed photo not sure if it's professional or taken by his wife? I know his ex was credited for photos in the past. 

It is posed. There's another one from a slightly different angle that I can't find right now for the life of me. They kinda look like from the River era, don't really know. And yeah, Annica used to take some pics, I believe she is credited on at least 117º as the photographer on some of the pics. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

It is posed. There's another one from a slightly different angle that I can't find right now for the life of me. They kinda look like from the River era, don't really know. And yeah, Annica used to take some pics, I believe she is credited on at least 117º as the photographer on some of the pics. 

Do you know what kind of guitar he has there? It kind of looks like an SG from that angle. 

24 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Wow!! That is one beautiful guitar. He likes the whammy bar? I don't know why but I've never really thought Izzy was into the whammy. I really want that guitar :lol:

You just made me remember that I lost my whammy bar years ago and never knew where the hell it went. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Archtop said:

I can only confirm it is a guitar ;) Ha Ha, told you I was useless a tech talk.

Hahaha. I've been into guitars all my life and have a few guitar players in the family too. I'd love to see Izzy's collection it has to be impressive. From the white beauty to the V! Cannot lie though, my favorite is the telecaster, I just have a soft spot for that guitar and its sound.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

All our last posts were so long that I'm not even sure what you're refering to. I assume you might be linking the "people see the reunion as a cash grab" with the "right now it's cool to talk shit about the "big three". If that's what you mean, then I think these are different things. Seeing the reunion as a cash grab is just an opinion IMO (and I'd say a valid one as of now. Hopefully we'll find out it's wrong, though), I've seen people say things like "I know this is a cash grab but I couldn't care less, this is my favorite band..." so some people don't even seem to consider that a bad thing. I do know some people have talked shit about them, though (and I'm sure I've done my fair share), I just don't think everyone's talking shit about them non-stop and complimenting Steven and Izzy all the time. I think there have been lots of positive and negative comments about each of these guys.

If it makes you feel better, there are people who talk shit about both :P

Yeah, that's what I meant, but I don't see it as a different thing. Every tour a band goes on is a cash grab at the end of the day, so it's really a pointless argument to make. It's hard to actually make money of music these days, all the profit comes from touring. And their ticket prices are about the same as those of other big name bands. On a more personal level, saying that also cheapens the impact of Slash and Axl finally making up after all these wasted years of drama, which is something that was not solely motivated by finances as anyone who's been paying attention to what they've been saying and doing over the last couple of years and in 2016 specifically can see.

And no it doesn't make me feel better, I wish people would stop exaggerating and being ridiculous about all of the guys' solo work :max: Objectively speaking, none of it is terrible and none of it is overwhelmingly great. VR and a lot of Slash's solo work leaves me pretty cold for the most part (though I do like It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere), but I'd never call it a pile of shit with no redeeming qualities, because it's simply not true. And the same goes for all of them. They're all talented musicians (okay, Steven and Duff less so than the other three, but still), and their solo efforts reflect that for the most part.

On 12.4.2017 at 4:56 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

Hey, just found this old interview from the very early VR days. I found it interesting and felt like sharing it here to see you get pissed off :P

I've heard a lot of fans saying, 'Why don't you have Izzy in the band now?' Well, this isn't cut out for him — he's more of a guy who will be here one day and be gone the next, and you won't know where he's gone to. "

"You have to understand our relationship with Izzy," Slash explains. "Izzy's always been the guy who's sort of there and sort of not there. Duff and I have seen Izzy periodically — I've played on his records a couple of times, and Duff has done the same thing. And then he called up right when we were in the midst of writing, and he actually came over and brought a couple of songs with him. And then we just started hanging out and jamming, and we wrote, like, 10 or so songs. It was just a lot of fun, but he didn't want to deal with the fuckin' long haul at all. As soon as we started to physically audition singers, we didn't see him again." Slash laughs. "He's so fucking shattered from his experience [with Axl Rose] that he refuses to ever do anything involving a singer again!"

On 12.4.2017 at 5:35 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think this is before they relapsed. Dave Kushner also said that when he was worried about losing his job because now Izzy was around, Duff told him not to worry because he was going to disappear at some point :lol:

Don't show this to the "Izzy is unreliable"-people, these quotes could be very useful to them :lol:

On 12.4.2017 at 6:04 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Hmmm I just watched an interview Matt Sorum did on jonesys jukebox and he was talking about the Kings Of Chaos and how they came up with the name.  He said it was Duff who came up with the name but he's been calling him about it and he said Duffs been getting on at him I guess for using the name. Sorum was like "really, even though he has all this other stuff going on" then he said "screw you" :lol:

There's the interview if you want to see. I just can't believe Duff would be so petty about a band name that is nothing compared to the one he has. Not sure I like Neds true colours, at least with Axl and Slash you know to expect this kinda shit.

Ahahaha, the Kings of Chaos band name :lol: Duff must really be hell-bent on never losing the rights to a band name again lol.

It's stuff like this that makes me think the rumor about Duff saying something like "If Izzy thinks he's getting his 20% back, he's gonna wait for a long time" is probably true.

On 12.4.2017 at 7:11 PM, Kris_1989 said:

But I don't think that is their true opinion, I never noticed it before this year but when I've been looking up Slash & Duff interviews - mainly to defend Izzy in D&N - they are SO inconsistent about him. In one interview they will talk about what a role model he's been for them to live a better life and in the next they will call him a flake and act like he can't play. The only thing that is consistent is the insults seem to line up with when they are pissed at Izzy for something. They do the same thing with Axl if you really pay attention. During VR, Slash talked a TON of shit about Axl and Duff would just sit there, nod in agreement and repeat the same crap Slash said. Now that they're back in GNR they've changed their tune. It's the same with Izzy. 

Makes you wonder about Slash's little visit to Axl's house in the middle of the night. His comments to Beta don't seem as untrue now as they used too. :devilshades:

On 12.4.2017 at 11:48 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

About Matt's interview, I can't believe the kind of shit Duff has been pulling lately. He seemed to be a sweet, simple and genuine man, a good friend, a great guy... now he's even getting mad at Matt for a stupid band name (which is completely irrelevant anyway, people go to those shows if they like the musicians involved, not because of the Kings Of Chaos brand) after leaving him 100% out of the GNR reunion. I feel embarrassed for him...

Reminds me of when Slash was mad at Steven for wanting to use the name Road Crew for a new band. Difference is that was around 1992, Slash was young, fucked up on drugs, clearly mad at Steven (probably disappointed) and it seemed to be around the time when his ego peaked :rofl-lol: Never thought I would have this image of Duff as a huge money driven, egomaniac dick...

I don't see Slash and Duff being the same in this situation honestly. I think Slash's comments and actions have been way more consistent when it comes to Izzy. The only time he called Izzy to do something with him, it was to play on one song for his solo record, which seems to be the kind of thing Slash considers he can do with Izzy (something small, not long term). I'm not saying he's right but Slash doesn't seem to appreciate Izzy's work ethic (nor Axl's but GNR's calling loaded like a moneytrain(?)). He does seem to appreciate Izzy's abilities both as a songwriter and as a guitar player, though. It's true he did put Izzy's playing down but that was when he was still in GNR and he was clearly pissed at Izzy (according to him, Izzy didn't even rehearse/relearned the songs for the 93 shows) but I've never seen Slash say a negative thing about Izzy's playing in the last 20 years. I could be wrong/missing something, though.

Duff's case is way worse IMO. It was like everything was roses with Izzy, he didn't have to be in the middle of Slash and Axl's child fights, he trusted Izzy's musical ideas more than anybody else's, he wanted to do music with him forever and then.... who is Izzy again? :question:

On 13.4.2017 at 1:00 AM, BorderlineCrazy said:

Still I think I'll never see them on the same level, I'm sure it was thanks to Slash that Steven got to be part of the """reunion""", I'm sure the other two couldn't care any less about him. Anyway, let us know what you know!! :max::max:

I agree, @Kris_1989 and I think your opinion of Slash is way too high @BorderlineCrazy :P I've noticed the same thing Kris describes after reading through many interviews and catching up on all the drama I missed out on. Slash and Duff have a habit of painting themselves as the nicest guys on the planet and they're always the victims of crazy lead singers, flaky rhythm guitarists, fucked up drummers, and so on, when it suits their purposes. When the opposite course of action suits their purposes better, they'll usually be all sweet and caring.

Reminds me of Axl saying Slash likes to act all nice and friendly in public, but that he can be way less nice behind the scenes. Also Axl whining that he was sick of taking the blame for Steven being kicked out of the band when Slash was the driving force behind that and that he was done "covering for Slash". Scott Weiland has made similar comments about Slash (and the rest of VR).

Now Scott and Axl are (were) not exactly the most mentally stable and reasonable people on the planet, but I do think they're telling the truth. Especially because other people (like Steven) have said similar things about Slash treating them like shit on multiple occasions. As time passes, it seems Axl's and Scott's comments over the years (which were usually dismissed as delusional and bitter) did have some truth to them and by now I'm also convinced that the story about Slash showing up at Axl's house in the middle of the night is true. Especially because Slash tried to lie about it at first, before admitting he did go there. It's highely likely the rest of the details are true as well then ("Scott's a fraud, I hate Matt Sorum," etc.).

As for Steven getting to appear with the band... I wouldn't be so sure that was solely Slash's doing either. And if it was, I'm not convinced it was done for noble or pure reasons. Slash was treating Steven like shit up until very recently, so I think it's more likely Slash just didn't want to be the guy responsible if Steven did something stupid if they didn't include him somehow, or they saw a potential business opportunity in having Steven there (which didn't really work out, but who knows).

On 14.4.2017 at 7:53 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

That's awful of them to say that to Scott when he relapsed. I find that quite disgusting, to be honest :( 

Shame on them. 

On 14.4.2017 at 8:11 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

@BorderlineCrazy I also disagree about VR having no artistic purpose, I thought Contraband was a really good album and the shows I saw in support of that album were amazing. Libertad not so much. I don't discount everything Scott says though, when he's said before that Slash, Duff and Matt weren't always the nicest guys to be in a band with and there were petty jealousies and egos, I believe him. 

This whole thing reminds of Axl saying he felt forced into doing the UYI tour by Slash (among others) when he was not up to it at all. Slash (and Duff) do seem to have a very workaholic-like, "the show must go on" type of mindset when it comes to touring, no matter how badly other people in the band might be doing or feeling.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, that's what I meant, but I don't see it as a different thing. Every tour a band goes on is a cash grab at the end of the day, so it's really a pointless argument to make. It's hard to actually make money of music these days, all the profit comes from touring. And their ticket prices are about the same as those of other big name bands. On a more personal level, saying that also cheapens the impact of Slash and Axl finally making up after all these wasted years of drama, which is something that was not solely motivated by finances as anyone who's been paying attention to what they've been saying and doing over the last couple of years and in 2016 specifically can see.

And no it doesn't make me feel better, I wish people would stop exaggerating and being ridiculous about all of the guys' solo work :max: Objectively speaking, none of it is terrible and none of it is overwhelmingly great. VR and a lot of Slash's solo work leaves me pretty cold for the most part (though I do like It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere), but I'd never call it a pile of shit with no redeeming qualities, because it's simply not true. And the same goes for all of them. They're all talented musicians (okay, Steven and Duff less so than the other three, but still), and their solo efforts reflect that for the most part.

Don't show this to the "Izzy is unreliable"-people, these quotes could be very useful to them :lol:

Ahahaha, the Kings of Chaos band name :lol: Duff must really be hell-bent on never losing the rights to a band name again lol.

It's stuff like this that makes me think the rumor about Duff saying something like "If Izzy thinks he's getting his 20% back, he's gonna wait for a long time" is probably true.

I agree, @Kris_1989 and I think your opinion of Slash is way too high @BorderlineCrazy :P I've noticed the same thing Kris describes after reading through many interviews and catching up on all the drama I missed out on. Slash and Duff have a habit of painting themselves as the nicest guys on the planet and they're always the victims of crazy lead singers, flaky rhythm guitarists, fucked up drummers, and so on, when it suits their purposes. When the opposite course of action suits their purposes better, they'll usually be all sweet and caring.

Reminds me of Axl saying Slash likes to act all nice and friendly in public, but that he can be way less nice behind the scenes. Also Axl whining that he was sick of taking the blame for Steven being kicked out of the band when Slash was the driving force behind that and that he was done "covering for Slash". Scott Weiland has made similar comments about Slash (and the rest of VR).

Now Scott and Axl are (were) not exactly the most mentally stable and reasonable people on the planet, but I do think they're telling the truth. Especially because other people (like Steven) have said similar things about Slash treating them like shit on multiple occasions. As time passes, it seems Axl's and Scott's comments over the years (which were usually dismissed as delusional and bitter) did have some truth to them and by now I'm also convinced that the story about Slash showing up at Axl's house in the middle of the night is true. Especially because Slash tried to lie about it at first, before admitting he did go there. It's highely likely the rest of the details are true as well then ("Scott's a fraud, I hate Matt Sorum," etc.).

As for Steven getting to appear with the band... I wouldn't be so sure that was solely Slash's doing either. And if it was, I'm not convinced it was done for noble or pure reasons. Slash was treating Steven like shit up until very recently, so I think it's more likely Slash just didn't want to be the guy responsible if Steven did something stupid if they didn't include him somehow, or they saw a potential business opportunity in having Steven there (which didn't really work out, but who knows).

This whole thing reminds of Axl saying he felt forced into doing the UYI tour by Slash (among others) when he was not up to it at all. Slash (and Duff) do seem to have a very workaholic-like, "the show must go on" type of mindset when it comes to touring, no matter how badly other people in the band might be doing or feeling.

Your post make it sounds like in early days Axl will do everything for Slash

Even thought it will hurt Him

*Is this dramatic enough?  :popcorn:

Edited by SerenityScorp

26 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Your post make it sounds like in early days Axl will do everything for Slash

Btw Someone tell Me this isnt true

http://www.alternativenation.net/steven-adler-izzy-stradlin-erased-guns-n-roses-surprising-way/

What? How? Because he "covered" for Slash on the Steven issue? Well, I think it was mostly a decision they made together (all of them, Duff seemed pissed off at Steven in some interview too about Steven's performance), but over the years, it has mostly been interpreted as Axl's doing, so I guess he was just tired of that when he said that. I think Izzy was the only one who had serious concerns about getting rid of Steven.

Or the going on tour thing? Not really doing it for Slash if he felt forced into it by him, Niven, legal reasons, etc.

On the other hand, Axl did get Slash out of jail and stuff like that when no one else cared enough, so go ahead riding that Slaxl train :lol:

As for the Alt Nation thing, see my reply to you in the WT.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frey said:

What? How? Because he "covered" for Slash on the Steven issue? Well, I think it was mostly a decision they made together (all of them, Duff seemed pissed off at Steven in some interview too about Steven's performance), but over the years, it has mostly been interpreted as Axl's doing, so I guess he was just tired of that when he said that. I think Izzy was the only ones who had serious concerns about getting rid of Steven.

Or the going on tour thing? Not really doing it for Slash if he felt forced into it by him, Niven, legal reasons, etc.

On the other hand, Axl did get Slash out of jail and stuff like that when no one else cared enough, so go ahead riding that Slaxl train :lol:

As for the Alt Nation thing, see my reply to you in the WT.

Well Imo They should have just crop the photo to remove it just like They did with the GN'R cross instead crossing Their face,  it kinda looks like They deny Steven N' Izzy as GN'R member but I know Im read it too much

8 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Well Imo They should have just crop the photo to remove it just like They did with the GN'R cross instead crossing Their face,  it kinda looks like They deny Steven N' Izzy as GN'R member but I know Im read it too much

What???

They didn't cross out their faces. The only thing that happened was that the old band picture was changed to the band logo picture. Nothing else. Same thing happend in other places months ago already.

• Like 1

Why is it those alt nation articles always start with a click bait heading and end in some completely different irrelevant place. For instance what's the Ron thing got to do with the Spotify logo?

I actually approve of them not using the classic line up imagery and feel they should have done this near the beginning of the regrouping or at least for the tour. That's not to denie Izzy or Steven their place but I think it would have sent a clearer message who is currently in the band. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

@Kris_1989 please post the pic of Izzy you posted on the WT here. It needs to be on the first page of this thread. :lol:

Also, in a probably failed attempt to go back on topic and inspired by the main section... do you wanna post your favorite moments on and off stage of our lord and savior? :D

I'm so sorry, Izzy. :facepalm:

2Fdv71Y.png

4 hours ago, Archtop said:

Anyone know about this photo, was it connected to one of his albums? I ask as it appears to be a posed photo not sure if it's professional or taken by his wife? I know his ex was credited for photos in the past. 

I think they were taken for a interview? In Santa Monica maybe? There's about 20 or so pictures from that same shoot.

I'll try to find the other pics (and respond to everyone else) when I get home from work. :)

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I'm so sorry, Izzy. :facepalm:

2Fdv71Y.png

I think they were taken for a interview? In Santa Monica maybe? There's about 20 or so pictures from that same shoot.

I'll try to find the other pics (and respond to everyone else) when I get home from work. :)

If He post this on twitter like Izzy The bourne identity 

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Alt nation crossed out their faces to try to make their article even more sensationalist and dumb than it already is.

Well lesson learned,  My mistake to trust wht they write

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

Why is it those alt nation articles always start with a click bait heading and end in some completely different irrelevant place. For instance what's the Ron thing got to do with the Spotify logo?

I actually approve of them not using the classic line up imagery and feel they should have done this near the beginning of the regrouping or at least for the tour. That's not to denie Izzy or Steven their place but I think it would have sent a clearer message who is currently in the band. 

Yep. Considering all the lineup changes in this band over the years, it's better to just have a general graphic logo.  And they should have just come out at the beginning of the tour and announced the full lineup. They didn't have to do an interview, just a statement: this is the current lineup, here are our bios, we look forward to seeing you, etc. This band is so weird with stuff like that. Transparency would go a long way with a lot of their fans, and curb (not stop) some of the negative speculation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

20??????

giphy.gif

I cant find them :( I think you guys have seen them before though. The ones where he's on a balcony and there's docks/boats behind him.

1 hour ago, SerenityScorp said:

If He post this on twitter like Izzy The bourne identity

Please no. :lol: