alfierose

05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

63 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, blackmore said:

Please change the fuckin' setlist for the start of the European leg.

Sorry. Gonna go out on a limb and say there's no chance they'll be doing that. Don't think we'll get much on the way of surprises set wise. But! Last time they kicked off a euro tour on Ireland they played TWAT so you never can tell. I just don't think they'll be doing any major overhaul even though they should. Flip the set, or open with jungle or nightrain OR pretty tied up (top choice) :headbang:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have stopped looking at the seylist about 6 months ago, its like watching a trailer for a new film, i dont want to know whats coming next, i want a little bit of a surprise when im there. 

I do Know that they do Dont Cry & Patience on alternate nights, so i really hope we get patience. 

I would love to hear them player VR Slither....its on the setlist as an alternate song🤔 a man can dream. 

Anyone know what time they come on stage for on the european leg? Dont reply the BS lyrics🤗:axl92:

Edited by Jaygnr
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Sorry. Gonna go out on a limb and say there's no chance they'll be doing that. Don't think we'll get much on the way of surprises set wise. But! Last time they kicked off a euro tour on Ireland they played TWAT so you never can tell. I just don't think they'll be doing any major overhaul even though they should. Flip the set, or open with jungle or nightrain OR pretty tied up (top choice) :headbang:

I'd like them to add Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive and Breakdown. That's all I ask for. And throw out Better. Man, how I hate that song live. The studio version is okay. :P

13 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

I would love to hear them player VR Slither....its on the setlist as an alternate song🤔 a man can dream. 

Not anymore, dude. It's been thrown out.

Edited by blackmore

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Probably the same time as the rest of the tour 9:15/9:30 (ish) but you never know, they've come on really early and they've come on half an hour or more after the advertised showtime. Depends on the kings mood, I suppose.

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Probably the same time as the rest of the tour 9:15/9:30 (ish) but you never know, they've come on really early and they've come on half an hour or more after the advertised showtime. Depends on the kings mood, I suppose.

On Ticketmaster the start time says 2pm. Maybe the openers get really long sets lol. 

I did notice in photos of the foo fighters show at slane they seemed to be playing in daylight- maybe there's a curfew?

1 hour ago, goneshootin said:

On Ticketmaster the start time says 2pm. Maybe the openers get really long sets lol. 

I did notice in photos of the foo fighters show at slane they seemed to be playing in daylight- maybe there's a curfew?

Curfew will be about 10.30 - 11. It will be bright when they come on stage and will probably be fading daylight for most of the show especially if its a sunny day. Probably be on stage at 8pm

Did anyone else read this information posted by Slane Castle?  http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_faqs.php

I find it odd that you're not allowed to queue and should time the arrival to 2pm. Someone have to get in first and someone last, so there will be a queue somehow anyway. Or did I misunderstand it? 

I'm planning on queuing, so will be there before 2pm anyway for sure. 

14 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

Did anyone else read this information posted by Slane Castle?  http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_faqs.php

I find it odd that you're not allowed to queue and should time the arrival to 2pm. Someone have to get in first and someone last, so there will be a queue somehow anyway. Or did I misunderstand it? 

I'm planning on queuing, so will be there before 2pm anyway for sure. 

Kinda bummed that light sabers is a prohibited item. I guess I'll need to leave that at home along with the fireworks and camping equipment that I usually bring to concerts. 

2 people like this

I'll be there.

Hoping for a homage to the Wolfetones to mix up the setlist.

2 hours ago, Stephan said:

4 more weeks!! how big will the golden circle be you think?

Think it's about  3000 - 3500

1 person likes this