GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

13 minutes ago, Frey said:

I never said someone without a wife or kids necessarily has to be lonely. I was talking about Axl specifically, and I base that on Axl himself whining about being lonely and depressed (as @SerenityScorp already mentioned and @MillionsOfSpiders kindly provided screenshots to one of these incidents I was thinking of), as well as other people who worked with him throughout the lost years saying he gave them the same impression. And frankly, he looks dead-eyed most of the time in videos and pictures off-stage. It's not quite as bad these days, but some of the stuff that surfaced during the 2000-2014 era was scary.

Also, I'm not judgemental or a traditionalist, I don't have anything against people building themselves a "chosen" family out of close friends or having unorthodox families (hell, I myself suggested that Axl should find himself a nice beefy boyfriend only a couple of pages ago). But again, we're talking about Axl here and not just any random person and Axl always talked about wanting the whole wife and kids shebang. We know he still wanted that in the 2000s (when TB was around for a long time already). By now, he's probably given up on that, but what he's got instead apparently doesn't seem to make him happy or fulfilled either. If TB were less shady and untrustworthy, and if Axl seemed happy and content with his situation in life, I wouldn't say a thing against TB or whoever else Axl chose as his family, but as it is... :shrugs:

(And I have to say your view of families is very cynical. Most families are dysfunctional? Where? I love my family and get along great with them and most of my friends have happy, healthy families as well, so I really can't share that impression.)

And I think you're underestimating how messed up he is. There've been plenty of times throughout the last decades where he'd have needed (and should have gotten) professional help (and that's only the bits and pieces we know of. I'm sure there was much more stuff we're not even aware of). Even Axl himself apparently realized that at some points. I don't think he should ever have been forcibly institutionalized like @killuridols suggested once, but I sure wish he'd gotten some actual, serious help at certain points (instead of Doug Goldstein, Beta, Yoda, Elliot and Suzy London). 

Also, both people who know Axl as well as random people on the internet keep speculating about what the hell Axl's deal is. By now I've seen nearly everything (and some of it is even very well-argued and plausible): Bipolar Disorder, Severe Depression, PTSD / complex PTSD, ADHD, anxiety disorders, Autism, Borderline Personality Disorder, different/abnormal neurological wiring in his brain, and yes, even schizophrenia. And many more I'm forgetting right now. Why is that? No one ever suggests anything like this about Slash or Duff for example. I'm thinking a lot of people can instinctively tell something is "off" about Axl, and since Axl never speaks out anymore about what's going on with him (unlike Duff, who told us very clearly what he struggles with and how he deals with it), people speculate on and on...

Also, please don't feel obliged to reply, we're probably not going to agree on this and I'm most likely not going to be around much for the next couple of days and can't reply as in depth as this topic deserves.

I'm working on it.

The bolded is an excellent point.

TB are awfully incompetent in most areas, but they sure are good at at holding onto Axl and not letting him out of their grasp. Suggesting they're just Axl's innocent little puppets and ass-lickers is ridiculous.

That's a good way of putting it- emotional dependence. And TB've made sure to foster and maintain that dependence all these years...

Keep in mind though that Slash likes to play it cool and never talks too much about what is really going on in his mind. But if you read other people's observations about Slash and read between the lines a little in the stuff he himself says, it's pretty clear Axl was on his mind a lot. Axl and Slash were as bad as each other, Slash's just better at hiding it, while Axl wears his thoughts and emotions for the whole world to see.

-----

@solstar etc.: I definitely remember reading a quote by Axl saying he doesn't like having his picture taken. But he does it because he knows it means a lot to the fans or something. And if I'm remembering this right, this was in an old interview from back in the day, so he was never fond of being photographed to begin with.

I'm just gonna quote Tolstoy (although I have yet to finish Anna Karenina), and leave it at that:

Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

3 hours ago, Andy14 said:

:ph34r:

membership2_zpsemtpbhlq.jpg

:smiley-confused2:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

looooooooooooooooooooool!!! Is that supposed to be my Argentinian soccer shirt? :lol:

And does Axl  have a tattoo on his butt-cheek? *never noticed when I ate him* :ph34r:

Why am I member since February 22, 2016??

I thought @SerenityScorp and @dgnr declared me vicechairman (wouldn't that be vice-chairwoman?) since YESTERDAY! :max:

3 hours ago, solstar said:

Yeah, it's been bugging me for a while! Could this be connected to him not being happy with the way he looks now?

I know this is a rather feminine way to look at it, but hey Axl can get quite feminine! Also, hasn't this ever happened to you? I mean, being in a phase when you don't like your appearance, and then hating the fact to have it captured forever in pictures? I mean, in the case of Axl, it must be a million times worse, since those pictures are going to be out there for anybody to look at them forever. :unsure:

The miserable face in fans' pictures though are nothing new I think. If you have a look at social pics of Axl back in the day, I reckon he also had a rather sad look in them. :(

Maybe. Probably. Most likely :P

Of course I don't like having my picture taken EVER :rofl-lol:

I pretty much understand him although, unlike him, I have not chosen a life under the spotlight so if I was him and was on tour and at this point in my life, I knew pretty much the media/social media game, I'd do my best to look great and not care so much about having the picture taken when Im with my crew, like he is..... Slash and Duff are almost his same age and are not hiding or bothered when Meegan or Susan take out their phones and film them even in the bathroom (see that video Susan made of Duff taking a bath, lol) then post  it on their IG for everybody to see.

:shrugs:

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Also for those interested in Erin- apparently Erin has both a new instagram account and a new boyfriend now.

And I saw a pic of Slash with his arm around Erin's oldest kid (who's a handsome young man now). So weird. Wonder what was going on in his head. "This could be/should be Axl's kid"? Well, that's what popped into my mind at least when I saw that :wacko:

You mean this?

Ahhh.... I don't think Slash thinks of that. Why would he? :question:

What's Erin new instagram? and boyfriend?

There are lots of fake accounts though. I'm not sure she's around but it could be.

1 hour ago, Frey said:

I never said someone without a wife or kids necessarily has to be lonely. I was talking about Axl specifically, and I base that on Axl himself whining about being lonely and depressed (as @SerenityScorp already mentioned and @MillionsOfSpiders kindly provided screenshots to one of these incidents I was thinking of), as well as other people who worked with him throughout the lost years saying he gave them the same impression. And frankly, he looks dead-eyed most of the time in videos and pictures off-stage. It's not quite as bad these days, but some of the stuff that surfaced during the 2000-2014 era was scary.

Also, I'm not judgemental or a traditionalist, I don't have anything against people building themselves a "chosen" family out of close friends or having unorthodox families (hell, I myself suggested that Axl should find himself a nice beefy boyfriend only a couple of pages ago). But again, we're talking about Axl here and not just any random person and Axl always talked about wanting the whole wife and kids shebang. We know he still wanted that in the 2000s (when TB was around for a long time already). By now, he's probably given up on that, but what he's got instead apparently doesn't seem to make him happy or fulfilled either. If TB were less shady and untrustworthy, and if Axl seemed happy and content with his situation in life, I wouldn't say a thing against TB or whoever else Axl chose as his family, but as it is... :shrugs:

(And I have to say your view of families is very cynical. Most families are dysfunctional? Where? I love my family and get along great with them and most of my friends have happy, healthy families as well, so I really can't share that impression.)

And I think you're underestimating how messed up he is. There've been plenty of times throughout the last decades where he'd have needed (and should have gotten) professional help (and that's only the bits and pieces we know of. I'm sure there was much more stuff we're not even aware of). Even Axl himself apparently realized that at some points. I don't think he should ever have been forcibly institutionalized like @killuridols suggested once, but I sure wish he'd gotten some actual, serious help at certain points (instead of Doug Goldstein, Beta, Yoda, Elliot and Suzy London). 

Also, both people who know Axl as well as random people on the internet keep speculating about what the hell Axl's deal is. By now I've seen nearly everything (and some of it is even very well-argued and plausible): Bipolar Disorder, Severe Depression, PTSD / complex PTSD, ADHD, anxiety disorders, Autism, Borderline Personality Disorder, different/abnormal neurological wiring in his brain, and yes, even schizophrenia. And many more I'm forgetting right now. Why is that? No one ever suggests anything like this about Slash or Duff for example. I'm thinking a lot of people can instinctively tell something is "off" about Axl, and since Axl never speaks out anymore about what's going on with him (unlike Duff, who told us very clearly what he struggles with and how he deals with it), people speculate on and on...

Also, please don't feel obliged to reply, we're probably not going to agree on this and I'm most likely not going to be around much for the next couple of days and can't reply as in depth as this topic deserves.

There is visible kind of loneliness, if there is no one around. Then there is invisible kind of loneliness, when you have no soulmate and that`s a hell of loneliness. If you are different from most people you meet, you know it since childhood and even with happy childhood in loving and caring surrounding and your adult life is perfect like from a book, it is extremely difficult, if you have no one to have deep, no-words-needed mutual understanding connection and acceptance.

Seeking for professional help in mental issues is a bit difficult. Putting someone under meds is quiet easy solution from outside. (Not psychiatrist, but kinda well educated "hobbyist"). There are heavy meds for serious symptoms like delusions, suicidal craving, catatonia or mania or so, you get tamed, equable, functional person doing daily chores. I would describe it as an impression from old, washed out cloth. Apart from side effect like stiff moves, getting watery fat, accelerated aging and so on, from inside you are numb. It really works in a way it disconnect your self from your emotions to the extend you feel like a corpse, dead, because you feel nothing, nothing impresses you anymore. One my friend told me that still better than suicidal craving, but... If being emotional is vital for you as a being or you even make living from it (what makes Axl great performer is his ability to connect with particular emotions in a song and bring it to audience), what would you do? What would it do with your trust in system of professional care that`s offered to you? Find the right care (or meds) is often complex and a long run and even this may be not successful. Mention that it is a recent trend that psychiatrist start to explore if their treatment makes patient fulfilled being or functioning comfortably numb. The other thing is that even from outside someone tries to classify you in any diagnosis, you either feel that it matches, or not. I bet he explored his inner worlds to extent an 800-question questionnaire cannot match (some old interview how he got diagnosed with bipolar disorder). By the way, having diagnosis/description/characteristic you feel is matching may be really healing itself.  

I do have some serious trust issues with psychiatry myself. Luckily I was never forced to deal with it as a patient (but I`m sure some people would like to see me "normalized"). People like to give you certain diagnosis if you are not "normal", by the way. I don`t know why, but they somehow like it. If my inner experience was so intensely speculated, dissected and twisted and then again pull out from context, speculated, dissected and twisted, I would stop sharing it with wide public.

Why Axl is that one who is questioned? Slash and Duff are much more normal, that`s why. It`s easier for Duff to speak and being understood if his inner world is more clear and structured and matches with most other people`s inner worlds, for example. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alja said:

There is visible kind of loneliness, if there is no one around. Then there is invisible kind of loneliness, when you have no soulmate and that`s a hell of loneliness. If you are different from most people you meet, you know it since childhood and even with happy childhood in loving and caring surrounding and your adult life is perfect like from a book, it is extremely difficult, if you have no one to have deep, no-words-needed mutual understanding connection and acceptance.

Seeking for professional help in mental issues is a bit difficult. Putting someone under meds is quiet easy solution from outside. (Not psychiatrist, but kinda well educated "hobbyist"). There are heavy meds for serious symptoms like delusions, suicidal craving, catatonia or mania or so, you get tamed, equable, functional person doing daily chores. I would describe it as an impression from old, washed out cloth. Apart from side effect like stiff moves, getting watery fat, accelerated aging and so on, from inside you are numb. It really works in a way it disconnect your self from your emotions to the extend you feel like a corpse, dead, because you feel nothing, nothing impresses you anymore. One my friend told me that still better than suicidal craving, but... If being emotional is vital for you as a being or you even make living from it (what makes Axl great performer is his ability to connect with particular emotions in a song and bring it to audience), what would you do? What would it do with your trust in system of professional care that`s offered to you? Find the right care (or meds) is often complex and a long run and even this may be not successful. Mention that it is a recent trend that psychiatrist start to explore if their treatment makes patient fulfilled being or functioning comfortably numb. The other thing is that even from outside someone tries to classify you in any diagnosis, you either feel that it matches, or not. I bet he explored his inner worlds to extent an 800-question questionnaire cannot match (some old interview how he got diagnosed with bipolar disorder). By the way, having diagnosis/description/characteristic you feel is matching may be really healing itself.  

I do have some serious trust issues with psychiatry myself. Luckily I was never forced to deal with it as a patient (but I`m sure some people would like to see me "normalized"). People like to give you certain diagnosis if you are not "normal", by the way. I don`t know why, but they somehow like it. If my inner experience was so intensely speculated, dissected and twisted and then again pull out from context, speculated, dissected and twisted, I would stop sharing it with wide public.

Why Axl is that one who is questioned? Slash and Duff are much more normal, that`s why. It`s easier for Duff to speak and being understood if his inner world is more clear and structured and matches with most other people`s inner worlds, for example. 

As a person who has undergone psychiatric treatment myself, my doctors have been more concerned with my life being functional (job, interpersonal relationships, education, ect.) rather than me being 'normal.' I mean I could go out and shave my head tomorrow and as long as I was not emotionally distressed and functional most mental health professionals would not really mind if that's what I wanted to do. I see people being analyzed a lot on here and really what I want to stress is that abnormalness is okay as long as one is content and functional. So if one has a mixed family and does whatever who am I to judge if that is what makes that individual content. Just my 2 cents. 

And the meds don't make me particularly numb persay either. Just pretty neutral. :-) 

• Like 4

Yes, but perhaps if Slash and Duff had to deal with the level of criticism regarding their appearance that Axl does, they would ask their wives/girlfriends not to put their photos out there.   There are pages and pages here about Axl's weight (and it get mentioned outside this forum as well) and yet  Slash's gut is pretty much as big as Axl's.  :shrugs:

• Like 4

But I mean really as long as he is happy and healthy there is really no reason to criticize a particular individual's appearance. I mean, all the band members look pretty good considering they are in their 50s. (Compared to most 50 year old men) As long as Axl sounds great on stage I personally have no major concern. ^_^ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

looooooooooooooooooooool!!! Is that supposed to be my Argentinian soccer shirt? :lol:

And does Axl  have a tattoo on his butt-cheek? *never noticed when I ate him* :ph34r:

Why am I member since February 22, 2016??

I thought @SerenityScorp and @dgnr declared me vicechairman (wouldn't that be vice-chairwoman?) since YESTERDAY! :max:

Next time you need to examine him before you eat him :max:. Don't you know that we are what we eat:ph34r:

The tattoo is a bunch of roses :wub:

Yesterdays....there was so many things I was never told....you started your activity to become the Minister of Ass and so more than a year ago, that's why <_<This is just one example:

Spoiler

omg dude YOU ARE MY OTHER PRINCESS I want to marry if things with @Lumikki don't go well :rofl-lol: (gee I'm such an Axl)!!!

You know my shit. YOU understand this shit. Thank you soooo much for these gifs! Now I can scream at him "get it all off you mother..fuuuuucker, turn around bitch I've got a use for you!" :drool:

That last gif holy shit :facepalm: I want to stick my face in that enormous ass until I die :wow:

I had started watching that video but I stopped it because the sound is terrible and it was hurting my ears. Little did I know they would catch Axl's butt so well a few seconds later. Thank you for being there for me, Andy! :heart: It is so funny because when he walked to the camera side, a girl screams and I feel like I am her, screaming at the sight of that huge bulge and ass :rofl-lol:

As for his crazy look, yeah, the guy is a total psycho :lol:. I can imagine sex with him being all like :bitchfight: I know that I would end up killing him but he probably kills me first :rofl-lol:

And again, that last gif is GOLD because that's exactly how I remember him from the last time I saw him in concert. He was wearing similar jeans and he wouldn't cover his ass with shirts or long tshirts so it was a fest for my eyes. I got fixated on his ass in tight jeans ever since that show and now it's become an obsession lol :drool:

So yeah, we have to get that spot next time. I don't know how in the hell Im gonna do that. I know I have to buy a PIT ticket, lol, but then there's a lot to do after that. I'll figure out soon too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Next time you need to examine him before you eat him :max:. Don't you know that we are what we eat:ph34r:

The tattoo is a bunch of roses :wub:

Yesterdays....there was so many things I was never told....you started your activity to become the Minister of Ass and so more than a year ago, that's why <_<This is just one example:

Reveal hidden contents

omg dude YOU ARE MY OTHER PRINCESS I want to marry if things with @Lumikki don't go well :rofl-lol: (gee I'm such an Axl)!!!

You know my shit. YOU understand this shit. Thank you soooo much for these gifs! Now I can scream at him "get it all off you mother..fuuuuucker, turn around bitch I've got a use for you!" :drool:

That last gif holy shit :facepalm: I want to stick my face in that enormous ass until I die :wow:

I had started watching that video but I stopped it because the sound is terrible and it was hurting my ears. Little did I know they would catch Axl's butt so well a few seconds later. Thank you for being there for me, Andy! :heart: It is so funny because when he walked to the camera side, a girl screams and I feel like I am her, screaming at the sight of that huge bulge and ass :rofl-lol:

As for his crazy look, yeah, the guy is a total psycho :lol:. I can imagine sex with him being all like :bitchfight: I know that I would end up killing him but he probably kills me first :rofl-lol:

And again, that last gif is GOLD because that's exactly how I remember him from the last time I saw him in concert. He was wearing similar jeans and he wouldn't cover his ass with shirts or long tshirts so it was a fest for my eyes. I got fixated on his ass in tight jeans ever since that show and now it's become an obsession lol :drool:

So yeah, we have to get that spot next time. I don't know how in the hell Im gonna do that. I know I have to buy a PIT ticket, lol, but then there's a lot to do after that. I'll figure out soon too.

yes, that's why I'm 100% pure ass :rofl-lol:

omg why did you have to post that? :unsure:
it is embarassing and nuts
it was said during a moment of intoxication with videos
have some compassion for the ill :max:

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Reveal hidden contents

LMFAO:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Yes, but perhaps if Slash and Duff had to deal with the level of criticism regarding their appearance that Axl does, they would ask their wives/girlfriends not to put their photos out there.   There are pages and pages here about Axl's weight (and it get mentioned outside this forum as well) and yet  Slash's gut is pretty much as big as Axl's.  :shrugs:

I don't know. Axl had to get his ass up there in front of thousands of people every show, all looking at him and taking pictures and posting them on the internet so it would be so pointless for him to worry about us analysing pictures his friends might post on social media. Del James posts pics of him all the time. I think he just does not come out of his room. 

@Lumikki says he did not leave his hotel in Vienna at all for five days, the place is stunning and there's so much history there. I bet Angus Young has toured there many many more times than Axl and he still went out. Same as in Buenos Aires, it looks such a beautiful place but he didn't even leave his hotel room and they had to take food to him :( it's really really not good for anyone. 

Something just doesn't seem right about it. I know he has always been reclusive and anti social but he did go on a few of the day trips on all the other tours. Lots of pics of him out shopping or going to restaurants. 

In 2012 when he was here in the UK he was seen out lots, he even went for a stroll along the Tyne river in Newcastle, like a normal person. I wonder why he seems to have banished himself away even more than normal now :( 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

How come @Mary Cochrane has so many more likes than the average Jane?? :wow:

Tell me your secret! :ph34r:

Err... erm... i have no idea i thought my likes run out quickly- wait did someone say MI5? Shit- my secret has been compromised...how did they figure it OUT!? uh oh... quick retreat!!! :smiley-confused2:

Edited by Mary Cochrane

8 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Others have said this too, but maybe because I happen to think he still looks pretty good, I never think of that as apart of it.  I'm sure part of it is about wanting his privacy too - especially in the world of social media we live in now.  

Yes, the miserable fan expression isn't new, but I am sure if he ever ran into any of us, he'd be very very happy. :lol: (or scared).  

lol I hope so! You know I sometimes ask myself what I'd do if I ran into him and I always get to the same conclusion: I'd so much rather get a smile from him than a picture!:wub:

Going back to business, I don't think wanting privacy could be the reason behind, for example, him not appearing in the Thanksgiving dinner or the plane picture you've uploaded. I think there is more to it.<_<

8 hours ago, Frey said:

@solstar etc.: I definitely remember reading a quote by Axl saying he doesn't like having his picture taken. But he does it because he knows it means a lot to the fans or something. And if I'm remembering this right, this was in an old interview from back in the day, so he was never fond of being photographed to begin with.

Thank you for the info!

I can understand posing for fans must get tiring, but how about this, for example?

Related image

It seems to me he often has a sad expression when posing for pictures.

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

Maybe. Probably. Most likely :P

Of course I don't like having my picture taken EVER :rofl-lol:

I pretty much understand him although, unlike him, I have not chosen a life under the spotlight so if I was him and was on tour and at this point in my life, I knew pretty much the media/social media game, I'd do my best to look great and not care so much about having the picture taken when Im with my crew, like he is..... Slash and Duff are almost his same age and are not hiding or bothered when Meegan or Susan take out their phones and film them even in the bathroom (see that video Susan made of Duff taking a bath, lol) then post  it on their IG for everybody to see.

:shrugs:

Right! It's really odd. Also, the fact that he did publicly ask google to remove those pictures he didn't like leads me to believe the "no picture" issue could be a question of him having issues with the way he looks.

5 hours ago, L'HopitalsRule said:

As a person who has undergone psychiatric treatment myself, my doctors have been more concerned with my life being functional (job, interpersonal relationships, education, ect.) rather than me being 'normal.' I mean I could go out and shave my head tomorrow and as long as I was not emotionally distressed and functional most mental health professionals would not really mind if that's what I wanted to do. I see people being analyzed a lot on here and really what I want to stress is that abnormalness is okay as long as one is content and functional. So if one has a mixed family and does whatever who am I to judge if that is what makes that individual content. Just my 2 cents. 

And the meds don't make me particularly numb persay either. Just pretty neutral. :-) 

This. Thanks for sharing your experience.:)

Edited by solstar

24 minutes ago, solstar said:

Related image

It seems to me he often has a sad expression when posing for pictures.

I have never seen that pic before....but yeah, while most people would smile for at least a wedding pic, Axl keeps those smiles pretty locked down. Which is too bad because he has a killer smile!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I have never seen that pic before....but yeah, while most people would smile for at least a wedding pic, Axl keeps those smiles pretty locked down. Which is too bad because he has a killer smile!

Exactly! It really warms my heart whenever I see him smile :heart:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

There are people who cannot smile on command. I am one of them. Axl seems to smile when he genuinly feels it, otherwise not. Why he's not happy enough for his friend on his wedding day we'll never know.

But can I just say what a cute couple Duff and Axl make with that baby and Duff's hand on Axl' shoulder? Also Axl's outfit! The pic is warming my soppy heart somehow. 

• Like 1

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He is smiling in the pic isn't he? 

I would not call it a smile...you can tell Duff is because the corners of his mouth are lifted and Axl's are not and plus look at those sad, sad, eyes...eyes make up a smile too in my opinion. :)

• Like 1